Social Gallup: What If There Were 42 Million at the Border?

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's a good question about caravans: How many more are coming?

Gallup asked the whole population of Latin America. There are 33 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. Roughly 450 million adults live in the region. Gallup asked them, "Would you like to move to another country permanently if you could?"

A whopping 27% said "yes."

So this means roughly 120 million would like to migrate somewhere.

The next question Gallup asked was, "Where would you like to move?"

Of those who want to leave their Latin American country permanently, 35% said they want to go to the United States.

The Gallup analytics estimate is that 42 million want to come to the U.S.
Forty-two million seekers of citizenship or asylum are watching to determine exactly when and how is the best time to make the move. This suggests that open borders could potentially attract 42 million Latin Americans. A full 5 million who are planning to move in the next 12 months say they are moving to the U.S.

Full article - https://news.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/246563/million-border.aspx

At what point is too many? Can the United States handle a potential 5 million immigrants (let alone a possible 42 million)? CBP has already apprehended over 201,000 immigrants at the Southwest border alone from October through February https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration.

It's in my opinion we need more security and actual enforcement of our immigration laws. Catch and release needs to end.

Can the United States handle a potential 5 million immigrants (let alone a possible 42 million)?

2014111141057772194_8.jpg

Implement Sharon Law. Build The Wall.

That caravan right before mid term elections was bought and paid for by billionaire trump backers like Robert mercer and Peter Thiel

After they lost the house no one said a word about the fake caravan.

Wait, people said "Yes, I would move somewhere else if I could." and we're supposed to treat that as an indication about illegal immigrant behavior.

Panamaican, would you like to move to England if you could?

Yes, it's a nice place from the times I've visited.

Ha, gotcha, Panamaican would illegally enter the UK...that bastard.

I can't be the only one who sees the absurdity in that leap of logic?

Wait, people said "Yes, I would move somewhere else if I could." and we're supposed to treat that as an indication about illegal immigrant behavior.

You seem to be missing the point of the thread.

42 million would be awesome as diversity is strength...

war is peace

freedom is slavery

ignorance is strength.

I think crows understand the concept of displacement better than humans.

You seem to be missing the point of the thread.
No, I got the point pretty well. The TS took a gallup poll on if Latin Americans would move to another country...if they could and then disregarded the original point about the importance of not having a conversation about a few thousand possible illegals but a conversation about overall outward facing immigration policy and messaging.

Instead we got something about enforcing border laws and catch and release. Basically, exactly what the Gallup CEO is saying we shouldn't be talking about.

What point did you get?

One is too many.

Which is why the issue should be thoroughly studied,

all the relevant factors taken into account,

Then produce a list of the top solutions,

with the findings being presentable for scrutiny

Instead of a politician doing none of those things, and championing a solution he pulled out of his ass, while trying to demonize everyone not willing to go asking with it.

And that goes for both sides, and on every issue.

That caravan right before mid term elections was bought and paid for by billionaire trump backers like Robert mercer and Peter Thiel

Please post your factual sources for your claims.

{<BJPeen}

Even mainstream media is still talking about them.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-violence-wait-patiently-enter-us/2820451002/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...129a54-2b36-11e9-906e-9d55b6451eb4_story.html

Oh wait,you are that guy that likes to use absolutes when talking out his ass...

I would ask, what would Jesus from the bible do?

No, I got the point pretty well. The TS took a gallup poll on if Latin Americans would move to another country...if they could and then disregarded the original point about the importance of not having a conversation about a few thousand possible illegals but a conversation about overall outward facing immigration policy and messaging.

Instead we got something about enforcing border laws and catch and release. Basically, exactly what the Gallup CEO is saying we shouldn't be talking about.

What point did you get?

No you missed the point big guy, likely intentionally because you have a habit of doing that conveniently. Read the questions again.

If you went to Syria, North Africa or Iraq or wherever they are coming from (I hear Bangladesh of all places) and asked how many like to migrate, likely a large chunk who say yes, will attempt to be like the refugees who do so via sinking ship rescue

Likely in poor Latin America, many who say they want to immigrant will attempt to enter this country illegally. Not everyone does it, but is not too out of the ordinary. Many people will know, or have heard of people seeking that option.

No you missed the point big guy, likely intentionally because you have a habit of doing that conveniently. Read the questions again.
No, I'm pretty sure I nailed that one. Did you read what the Gallup CEO said in the link? TS did link it after all.

I would ask, what would Jesus from the bible do?
Conservatives only believe in imaginary right wing Jesus not the actual Jesus from the Bible

Last edited:
If the US really had open borders, as in you go to the border and you receive a green card if you're not obviously a criminal. I'd expect half of Latin America to flock there. Imagine how peaceful it would be down here, we could dismantle the abandoned homes, reforest it and make it into National Parks.

If you went to Syria, North Africa or Iraq or wherever they are coming from (I hear Bangladesh of all places) and asked how many like to migrate, likely a large chunk who say yes, will attempt to be like the refugees who get rescued via sinking ship rescue

Likely in poor Latin America, many who say they want to immigrant will attempt to enter this country illegally. Not everyone does it, but is not too out of the ordinary. Many people will know, or have heard of people seeking that option.

Many will attempt to enter illegally? Really, what's this extrapolation based on? Because the numbers I've read put the annual illegal immigrant numbers at ~400k. Now, 400k is not a small number but since the Gallup CEO is saying that 42 million want to come, I'm trying to figure out when 1% of the population becomes "many" who will attempt to enter illegally.

Back