For everyone saying former UFC champ Ngannou makes boxing look bad

FlowchartRog

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Ngannou makes MMA look bad too in his UFC career, in exactly the same way.

I mean, he was a sand shoveller/wannabe boxer who came to the UFC and decimated highly experienced MMA fighters like Reem, Arlovsvki, Cain, Dos Santos - with basic wild scrubby boxing. He also became the UFC HW champ by 1 punch KOing someone considered the UFC HW goat.

So if he makes boxing look bad by running Fury that close, he made MMA look bad too when he started decpitating top 10 UFC heavyweights.

The reality is he's just a freak of nature, and overperformed in both sports.

By pure physical ability - freakish power, physical strength, chin - there's no doubt he could beat some top 10 HWs in boxing just like he did in the UFC.

I think that says more about Francis being a unique physical specimen, than it does about either sport tbh.

Last edited:
First time he fought the best MMA heavyweight in the world 12 fights into his career, he got absolutely dominated.

First time he fought the best boxing heavyweight in the world in his first ever boxing fight he arguably won.

Pretty obvious that Tyson’s crown he was wearing gassed out his legs and Francis had egg weights in his gloves

Very true. Sherdog had lots if comments on how Francis was the most one dimensional fight to become champ and how the HW division is at its worse and com0ete against the likes of the Fedor Crocop era. Now that he arguably won against the best Hw champ in the world they are saying MMA is the king and HW boxing is shit

He made MMA look bad? I don't think he made MMA look bad. But Francis is an amazing athlete indeed and also highly motivated, strong minded person. Who willing to adapt and learn from his mistakes. So I give him that.

He made MMA look bad? I don't think he made MMA look bad. But Francis is an amazing athlete indeed and also highly motivated, strong minded person. Who willing to adapt and learn from his mistakes. So I give him that.

He made MMA look amazing. We're just getting a lot of cope posts from boxing fans who thought Tyson would run through an MMA fighter like Frank (which tbf I thought would be the case too).

Ngannou makes MMA look bad too, in exactly the same way.

I mean, he was a sand shoveller/wannabe boxer who came to the UFC and decimated highly experienced MMA fighters like Reem, Arlovsvki, Cain, Dos Santos - with basic wild scrubby boxing. He also became the UFC HW champ by 1 punch KOing someone considered the UFC HW goat.

So if he makes boxing look bad by running Fury that close, he makes MMA look bad too.

The reality is he's just a freak of nature, and overperformed in both sports.

By pure physical ability - freakish power, physical strength, chin - there's no doubt he could beat some top 10 HWs in boxing just like he did in the UFC.

I think that says more about Francis being a unique physical specimen, than it does about either sport tbh.
Yes sir, he may be the freaks of freaks! And his mentality seems to be right there with his physical capabilities. He would have went down has folk legend if he knocked out Furry, but still a win for Francis with what he did. Makes me wonder if Fury is still on top of his game or if his reign is over? Even though Francis is 38 he looks like he could be a viable threat until he is closer to 50, depending on if he can stay healthy. Francis is the end boss in MMA, good luck contenders.

This is a cope thread. It took 7 years and 2 losses for Ngannou to become heavyweight champ.

To anyone with a clue it makes neither look bad. But it does make boxing look worse in the eyes of the public.

If more people were able to get in and avoid gatekeeping this would happen more often (mostly just at heavyweight)

Tai tuivasa was a failed no hope boxer as well, who just walked in out of shape and beat top ten HWs when he would struggle grappling with literally 1000s of unathketic dorks at local bjj gyms. Real fighting favors power and natural ability alot. In lower weights in either sport this will almost never happen. There won't be a 145 LBS Brock Lesnar or Francis Ngannou ever.

I am reading this and I don't even know what to say. TS, you make zero sense.

How so? It makes perfect sense. Realistically, he had no business beating experienced elite MMA fighters with his rudimentary skillset and level of experience he had. Just like he had no business doing that well against Fury with his rudimentary boxing skills and lack of experience. The two are comparable. He was able to overperform in both combat sports, as he's a freak of nature, with incredible power and chin.

What doesn't make sense to you?

How so? It makes perfect sense. Realistically, he had no business beating experienced elite MMA fighters with his rudimentary skillset and level of experience he had. Just like he had no business doing that well against Fury with his rudimentary boxing skills and lack of experience. The two are comparable. He was able to overperform in both combat sports, as he's a freak of nature, with incredible power and chin.

What doesn't make sense to you?

He had quite a bit of MMA experience by the time he was fighting elite MMA fighters. When he had no MMA experience he lost to Zoumana Cisse.

I mean the truth is Ngannou is the only Ngannou. Just because he can do it, doesn't count for all of MMA. It's because of his serious power. We've seen guys like Wilder or Foreman have power carry them through their career. He just possesses the death touch. Anyone else with the death touch and chin could probably do good at HW in MMA or Boxing.

Back