Figureido or Umar: Who Should Get the Title Shot?

It is absolutely nepotism I guess you don't understand what that means khabibs accomplishments are getting Umar this title shot. Khabib deserved his title shot it took him many fights but khabib had a problem staying consistent and active, thru weight misses and injuries. I've always been a fan of khabib and rooted for him to win his title. I actually like khabib a lot as a person, and I think he's the best role model a young man can have. (Not a top 15 all time goat, is all I have negative to say about khabib.)

Islam deserved his shot and Got ducked by his whole division but once he got the title he stopped looking for hard fights.

Islam will 100% try to get out of fighting Armen next. He will try to fight paddy pimblett, I am certain of it.

Umar is getting this title fight, just like he got that fight with sandhagen because of his last name. he did not fight his way to the top of the BW ladder, Like Figgy did. Figgy's last opponent was coming off a title fight. Sandhagen has never fought for the title (wrong as that may be)
Aaaaaa sharrrrraaaaap

Either one is fine but figgy will get dry humped and umar will finish merab so I prefer umar. Umar has more interesting fights as champion and merabs only interesting fight is umar.

Honestly I would rather watch Figgy vs Umar than Merab vs Umar.

It would be absolutely fire.

Let Merab sniff the crotch of the winner.

Figgy is the easier fight for Merab, he's fought more guys than Umar but everyone knows Umar should be getting the shot based off matchup and who is the toughest challenge. I like Figgy too, but the reason he even has a good resume at BW is his reputation for being champ and the fact more guys think they can beat him. There's a reason Umar barely got Sandhagen to sign for a fight because most guys know Umar will win. So it's unfair to judge the guys the same way.

It is absolutely nepotism I guess you don't understand what that means khabibs accomplishments are getting Umar this title shot. Khabib deserved his title shot it took him many fights but khabib had a problem staying consistent and active, thru weight misses and injuries. I've always been a fan of khabib and rooted for him to win his title. I actually like khabib a lot as a person, and I think he's the best role model a young man can have. (Not a top 15 all time goat, is all I have negative to say about khabib.)

Islam deserved his shot and Got ducked by his whole division but once he got the title he stopped looking for hard fights.

Islam will 100% try to get out of fighting Armen next. He will try to fight paddy pimblett, I am certain of it.

Umar is getting this title fight, just like he got that fight with sandhagen because of his last name. he did not fight his way to the top of the BW ladder, Like Figgy did. Figgy's last opponent was coming off a title fight. Sandhagen has never fought for the title (wrong as that may be)
So it's nepotism after he's had his own undefeated career and beat the #2 contender?

Where was your outrage when Colby got his 3rd title shot? Or Masvidal got his second? Where was your outrage when Islam had an 11 fight undefeated streak and still couldn't get a title shot?

Why is it only when Umar gets one that you are outraged by "nepotism"?

And why can't you see that it's actually just a good business move for the UFC because Umar and his clan have a lot of fans?

Maybe you're the one who needs to look up the definition of the word?

And now you're shitting on Islam as well, so you're just another salty hater talking about potential things that haven't even happened yet like they're facts. You're literally making up scenarios in your head and getting mad about them.

Please go outside.

So it's nepotism after he's had his own undefeated career and beat the #2 contender?
yes, Nepotism is how someone barely ranked in the top 15 got that match up that is correct.

I was outraged by colbys third title shot. But more outraged by Masvidals second title shot, Which is what got colby his 3rd. that is ali's fault for trying so hard to give masvidal 2 title shots. Colby gets to say he has a win over 2 time title challenger jorge masvidal. which sounds appropriate to get a title shot. Wouldn't have happened if usman didn't fight masvidal twice, which i shit on him for ALL THE TIME.

Because umar is the only one getting a shot because nepotism, there is another worthy challenger and former champion in figgy who deserves a title shot.

I see that it's a good bussiness decision to promote nepotism and "continue abdulmanaps legacy" cute story i like it. Doesn't mean he deseves it THE MOST though.

Any other stupid questions?

Last edited:
Umar just beat the most avoided dude in the division.

Cory is much higher ranked than anyone Figs beaten at BW

Give it to Figgy, former multiple time champion, more ranked wins in the division, more dominant wins in the division besides, he's getting old and doesn't have much prime left while Umar has a lot of his best years ahead. Merab vs Figgy, Umar vs Yan, O'Malley vs Sandhagen.
Love it, but i really want to see yan right that wrong from the O'malley fight.

Figgy with 2 ranked wins, or Umar who has beaten the number 2 in the division?

Special shout out to Aldo
I don't think either guy is the clear #1 contender and so either of them getting the shot is fine.

I prefer Figueiredo gets it though.

Last edited:
This is like when Oliveira and some fans were saying Islam didn't deserve the title shot and was only getting it because of Khabib

Umar is clearly the best contender like Islam was, and beating Sandhagen is greater than beating Font, Chito and an unranked washed Garbrandt

Merab vs Fig would look just like Merab/O'Malley. Umar is by far a more interesting matchup

Umar vs Sandhagen was billed as the #1 contender fight, last i checked Umar was the one headlining the card not Figgy. So this has already been decided, it's gonna be Umar. Moot discussion.

Figgy beat chinny Garbrandt, 1 dimensional Font, overrated Vera. Umar would beat those 3 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Could Figgy beat Sandhagen? That’s hard to say.

I think you're inflating Garbrandt a bit there with that description. Umar beating the number two in the division is pretty heavy in his favour
Inflating that win a bit? Its more than a bit, Cody was champ in 2017. He is far removed from his Champ days and the poster is putting a marketing spin to it.

If Umar had beaten him, it would be "beat a washed and past it Cody Garbrandt who is 3-5 in his last 8 with 4 losses via KO/TKO".

"former BW champion" Lol yeah it's a fact of course but with your intentionally creative wording like that denying where Garbrandt is currently at in this stage of his career you could also praise a win in recent years over Andrei Arlovski as a win over a "former HW champion" to puff up the status of fighters like Don'Tale Mayes & Waldo Cortes-Acosta.

This is where Garbrandt was after the Cruz fight & prior to fighting Figgy. Not that impressive of a win.

View attachment 1063052

Umar's win over Sandhagen is worth far more in the title picture than any of Figgy's 3 wins since he moved up to bantamweight.
Dude is lost in the sauce and will justify a win over 2024 Garbrandt using flowery language.

Tony Ferguson was a former LW Interim Champ, going to argue that he is a great win when an unranked fighter beats him next.

I know Figgy has been winning but still not really impressed by him... kill me I know

Umar is more intriguing
figgy couldn't beat moreno and ppl are pretending he is worthy of a ts before umar.

figgy is just a gatekeeper for bw. who cares if he beat garbrandt. the guy is in pedro munhoz category, not top dog for bw. omalley is probably eyeing figgy for his bounce back fight as figgy is tied with being the easiest fight out of the top 5 ranked bw with omalley.

Back