Ferguson calls out Max, then declines fight with Max?

Tony is a weirdo and often contradicts himself and talks absolute nonsense, he is a psychopath. But I love his fights so much, he is so fun and exciting to watch, amazing fighter to watch!!!!. He is pure entertainment.

I love Tony's fights too, but unless he's willing to wait on the shelf he should be taking high-profile fights. A fight with Holloway qualifies.

If Tony won that fight, he'd continue an incredible streak and the build the case that he should get a title shot.

We all know title shots are very political in the UFC but look at Khabib. He kept beating guys put in front of him and eventually got his shot against Conor for the belt.

better than bending over for a company that'll toss you to the curb when they're used you up like a cheap hoe.
How is headlining a card for an interim title when there is no title fight available bending over?

I mean i personally wouldn't want to be the first ever two time interim champ either, but thats just me.
but that's his own fault. The cord he tripped over Wrecked the fight that he was going to unify the belt in. How do you not strip a guy after that? Have a fight for the Vacant title.... and ALSO keep an interim champion? It just doesn't make sense. They are shitty circumstances for him, but It's all they could do.

Ferguson should bump up and face Colby to become the first stripped interm champ champ

Max would have blessed Tony by beating his ass into nek week and asserted his will onto him

Ya. Tony sure needs to fight for his interim belt lol. The guy is standing up for himself. Don't blame him at all.
So he would have took it if it wasn't for an interm belt is that what you mean

It's hard to sympathize and defend Tony.
He contradicts himself a lot, and will refuse to do the obvious move that will make him successful JUST because he can.
After beating RDA, he doesn't call out Conor. And he says he won't fight for the belt..that he'll fight for it when he's ready..not when Dana or the fans want. He calls out Max, then turns down the fight.
Dude makes this shit way more difficult than it should be. How do you plan fights and titles with a guy as erratic as Tony?

So Tony is the type of guy to call someone out, then turn them down when they're offered to him?

Holloway is a nightmare match-up for Tony. He can match his pace and his endurance, but has better technique and fight IQ. I highly doubt Tony could outstrike Max and I don't think he could take him down

He might have accepted the fight if it was a title shot at 145, but why accept the toughest fight of your career for a paper belt?

Plus after the way Holloway bitch slapped Ortega for 4 rounds, I'm sure anyone would think twice before accepting a fight with him. He is operating at his absolute peak right now

He is always ready to take tough match ups, until they could actually happen, then he ducks like always.

Something not right upstairs with that guy. Great fighter- unstable person(just one man's opinion).

He said if Khabib ducks him which Khabib didnt
And you really cant blame Ferguson, he overwhelmingly deserves the title shot more than anyone, his beaten so many top LWs already, won the interim striped of it and they offer him another interim belt just to fight Holloway when he should be fighting Khabib?

Ferguson is already 35 now, age is creeping up on him he cant afford to waste time fighting non title fights when he deserves the tittle fight

Back