Epic Beer Thread v27 - Happy Brew Year

That same grocery store in town that had the $20 Abyss growler fills now has Ten FIDY. The lady filling it says it's the whiskey version but it doesn't taste like it. However, it's an incredibly delicious imperial stout as is.

Had a Pretty Things Field Mouse's Farewell and it was very underwhelming. Mostly just malt with a little dry finish. I would never guess this was a saison if the label didn't say so.

Now drinking a Maine Red Wheelbarrow and it's amazing. By far the best red I've had.

They sound intriguing.

Just drank terrapin ' s french toast wake n bake. Pretty damn good. Straight coffee stout when really cold the vanilla, maple, and cinnamon come out as it warms.

Cheers to that...

Drank it at room temp and thought it was pretty decent, didn't knock my socks off like I expected and for the price, but it was ok. The only downer was the mouthfeel, I felt it was a bit thin for the style, other than that it was pretty tasty.

The bottle I drank had a great mouthfeel. The flavor mixed with the nice mouthfeel gave a fantastic french toast impression. The downsides were the wax on the bottle and the sweetness which became a bit much after a pint.

I drank so much bud light tonight. After the French Toast, enjoy by, barrel aged narwhal, bees with a buzz, and a yungling it made for an easy drinking brew. There is something to be said for a consistent easy to drink pils, despite their bad rep.

Im bring cases of Yuengling home from Georgia. Its not as good bottled as it is draft imo but still a tasty mass quanity drinker.

schneiderweisse_original.jpg

Schneider Weisse Tap 7: Unser Original
Dunkelweizen

-Big banana& clove upfront
-peppery
-Plums,raisins
-well carbonated
-slight sour, metallic finish

Drink this fresh to avoid the sour/metallic finish (my bottle was 6 months old)

1356744902615.jpg

St. Bernardus Abt 12
Abbey Quad

-sweet caramel,plums,raisins,dates,Cherry upfront
-Banana,some lemon
-well carbonated
-Alcohol undetectable
-sweet,raisiny,malty finish

Very good,but falls just short of Rochefort 10 & Chimay Blue

photo1-e1335127750746.jpg%3Fw%3D223%26h%3D300

Schneider Aventinus Eisbock
Weizen-Eisbock

-Big Banana,Clove,Plums (juice.like almost)
-Caramel,Raisins,Dates,chocolate
-well carbonated
-dangerously drinkeable for a 12%er
-sweet plummy,warming finish

Exceptional.Very similar to the Tap 6,with dark fruits and alcohol coming through more.

mort-subite-gueuze-glass.jpg

Mort Subite
Lambic-Gueuze

-Big tart,Grapes&Cherry first
-Definite wheat flavour
-slight citrus
-grainy,watery finish

ok Gueuze

Easy drinking 12% is scary.

The 12th Labor

from Orpheus Brewing

This was a big, bold, delicious imperial stout. As fine an example as I think I've seen.

20150103_213619.jpg

May not have hurt that I had it with this

IMG_20150103_213434.jpg

My girl got me a Stone Enjoy After accidentally instead of Enjoy By. After is an IPA spiked with Brett that recommends I throw it in a cellar for a year. If it makes it 6 months I'll be surprised.

Fat Head's sunshine daydream is pretty damn good

Founders black rye is pretty disappointing imo.

Not a great pic, but just hanging out watching Gotham with some Double Jack..very nice

'15 Sucaba drops on 1/17

PUO3, if you can grab me a bottle, I love you long time.

Fat Head's sunshine daydream is pretty damn good

For a single hop session, I thought it was serviceable. I had 1 6er of it and haven't revisited since it dropped. And this is coming from a Fat Head's fanboy.

Have any of you MA folks or anyone else here had Barbapapa Imperial Stout from Pretty Things?

I had one on New Years day and though it was amazing. Best non-bourbon stout i've had in a long, long time. Highly recommended

Have any of you MA folks or anyone else here had Barbapapa Imperial Stout from Pretty Things?

I had one on New Years day and though it was amazing. Best non-bourbon stout i've had in a long, long time. Highly recommended

Haven't even heard of it. Will definitely be on the lookout.

'15 Sucaba drops on 1/17

PUO3, if you can grab me a bottle, I love you long time.

Not a problem.

Cant confirm yet but I may have landed a few bottles of Maltose Falcon Brownywine.

Not a problem.

Cant confirm yet but I may have landed a few bottles of Maltose Falcon Brownywine.

We'll sort out the details at a later date. I'm getting married on the 24th and I'll be in Jamaica after that so I wouldn't be able to ship until like the 6th or so anyway.

Back