The 2023 Heavies' Awards: Poster of the Year (FrankieNYC Award) FINALS Round - WINNER: BOXERMAURITS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substance Abuse

The Best is Blessed Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
sherdog-xoty-27-png.1021329

Sherdog XOTY Cat 7.png

THE FINALS

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!
Welcome to the Grand Finale of the 2023 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year Award!

To begin, I would like to thank all of those who took the time to vote for and participate in the other Frankie NYC Award threads. They were fun, brimming with positivity and filled with hilarious posts. You guys kept the thread active and gave it the attention it deserved.

To those who didn't make it to the Finals, you're still all posters who contribute to what makes Sherdog the best MMA forum on the internet and your posts and personality go toward making the boards a better place to post. Good job you! Thank you, and congratulations!

And now, without further ado, here are your top 10 finalists for the
2023 FrankieNYC (Poster of the Year) Award

96RxxM.gif

@Ares Black
"Sherdog's long tenured Ontarian with a tendency to voice his displeasure with all things politically incorrect, Ares is as steadfast in his MMA fandom as he is speaking his mind. Posting on the boards for over fifteen years, Ares may be polarizing and obstinate, but it's one of the many reasons he's a memorable part of the forum."
152760.png

@Arqueto
"As selfless as he is talented, Arqueto is always ready, willing and able to assist with an avatar request as he is to make you laugh with one of his timely and hilarious shoops. From St. Patrick's Day all the way through Christmas, he's spearheading the seasonal avatar push. Arqueto is a constantly helpful member of our community."
494389.jpg

@BoxerMaurits
"Sherdog's new age UberTS, BoxerMaurits is seemingly ubiquitous - one day he's at a GLORY event mingling with Alex Pereira showing him how to leg kick, the next he's at a UFC event with @Buff , putting together ideas on what throw pillow should follow Shadface. Constantly driving attention to kickboxing and making us all laugh, he's been an awesome addition to the forum the last few years."
580496.jpg

@HHJ
"On the boards for nearly twenty-years (!!!), HHJ - I'm not sure what the acronym stands for - is as constant as 'needs more birds' in an event poster thread; excuses Brazilian fighters make when they've lost; Tito's ailments going into a fight; and the UFC Hot Dog brander. Possibly the man to take the all time posts lead when Chules and myself are long gone, HHJ is an informed and passionate member of the Heavies."
27592.png

@HI SCOTT NEWMAN
"Half human, half cat, all MMA fan. HSN is an active, upbeat and creative member of the PBP crew and an all important member of the cat community on the Dawg. Knowledgeable and ready with an inside joke only a Sherdawgger would know, HSN is never toxic and always friendly, a rare breed on the boards."
187175.jpg

@KazDibiase
"Sherdog's Gif God™, Kaz is a two time winner of the FrankieNYC Award, and with good reason. Present for every event, his gifs are the one constant you can rely on as a user on the boards. Every time there's a finish, he's posted it. Every memorable moment that occurs, he's provided it. If you've been on the boards chances are you've seen his gifs. A longstanding, helpful member of the forum, KZ is a rock of dependability."
491703.jpg

@Kryptt
"Water is wet, the sky is blue, there's a play by play thread created by Kryptt and you've been mentioned by him to join it. Need a reminder that there's a regional event? You'll get it. Need a heads up that a card is starting early? That too. A huge part of our endlessly entertaining and invaluable PBPs, Kryptt is just that as well."
488195.gif

@Mohawk Banditó
"Quality over quantity should be Mohawk's slogan. He may not be as active as others, but when he posts, it's worth a read as well as an opinion to heed. Rarely is there a time where a post of his isn't educated and insightful. Always a pleasure to read and interact with, Bandito demonstrates that activity doesn't always equal memorability."
520151.gif

@Poirierfan
"Active in just about every PBP - ONE, Belloltor, PFL, UFC - PF has grown leaps and bounds this past year as a poster and shown themselves to be an incredibly passionate, knowledgeable and upbeat member of the Heavies. Somehow always ready with a story in hand to match every situation and engage users on the forum, PF has definitely earned his place on this list and is a pleasure to interact with."
512557 (1).jpg

@StonedLemur
"StonedLemur has come out guns blazing the last two years. Active everywhere from the War Room and Jukebox to the Mayberry and the Heavies, Lemur's opinions and interests run far and wide, intersecting with a litany of posters, connecting with them in myriad ways. He is Sherdog's everyman."
Screenshot_20240103_234557_Gallery.jpg

Good luck to our finalists! May the best sherbro win!

VOTING PROCESS:

- You have 2 VOTES
- You can change your vote
- The finalist who gathers the most votes in the poll
is your 2023 Heavies' Poster of The Year!

- The voting poll closes after 5 days

And there you have it, folks. We got a solid lineup this year and Sherdog is lucky to have them, as well as the hundreds of quality posters we have in the Heavies' forum.

We thank each and every one of you who have been part the Sherdog forums all year.

Your presence, contributions, all your activity and time spent on this little community of ours is valued. You are the ones who make Sherdog the best online MMA community in the world. Cheers!

**********************************************************************************************************

And with that said, this concludes the 2023 FrankieNYC Award (Poster of the Year)
presentation.

Seriously good finals list and I would love to vote for them all
But if I absolutely had to pick one
@StonedLemur
Active as hell, funny guy, great quality posts, positive energy all around
Was pretty hard to pick from that list of quality posters
It's like picking from Lamborghini, ferrari, porches etc
May the best man win
Cheers to a great 2024

Edit oh it's 2 people. My 2nd vote goes to @Poirierfan for the same reasons. Great funny guy and extra points for all the conor bashing posts

Last edited:
@StonedLemur
May the best man win
Cheers to a great 2024
Traitor! Lol

Why aren't you on the list? I know you musta had more votes than me for sure. You get to pick 2 people btw, my Australian sweet pea. 😛

Last edited:
Traitor! Lol

Why aren't you on the list? I know you musta had more votes than me for sure. You get to pick 2 people btw, my Australian sweet pea. 😛
I had double yellows within the first month of joining unfortunately I think that's automatic dq from semi finals
I was also considering voting for you my Australian sweet pea. But I think lemur was just overall more active so it went to him
Have a great 2024 brother

I had double yellows within the first month of joining unfortunately I think that's automatic dq from semi finals
I was also considering voting for you my Australian sweet pea. But I think lemur was just overall more active so it went to him
Have a great 2024 brother
Pfft, I was messing with you per usually. Btw, I'm Cajun sweet pea, lol. 😁

@Substance Abuse hahah that was a fun read:D
Did you write those for all finalists?

"Sherdog's new age UberTS, BoxerMaurits is seemingly ubiquitous - one day he's at GLORY event mingling with Alex Pereira showing him how to leg kick, the next he's at a UFC event with @Buff , putting together ideas on what throw pillow should follow Shadface. Constantly driving attention to kickboxing and making us all laugh, he's been an awesome addition to the forum the last few years."

Voted for @Kryptt and @Mohawk Banditó but it was a very tough choice.

I love these writeups!

@Arqueto - Selfless and Talented
@HHJ - Informed and Passionate
@Poirierfan - Knowledgeable and Upbeat
@Ares Black - Polarizing and Obstinate

<mma4>
Nailed it
Thanks, my guy. Speaking of, here's me reading most of your writeup (minus the years)
hqdefault.jpg

I really enjoyed all of these. I gotta have a sit and think about it, but I feel like there's no wrong way to throw my votes around.

Some great posters and I have voted on a couple of these guys in previous years

I choose not to vote, because @Davidjacksonjones is a true disciple of Goat Jones and the only guy I will vote for

He is spreading the message to the masses
Thanks my brother, I really appreciate it.
I have been studying the Gospel of Saint Jones nonstop over the holidays. It is honestly very tiring and exhausting reading thousands and thousands of pages, but in the end it is all worth it when i spread these valuable teachings to Sherdog and the rest of the world, and together we can heal the world with compassion, love, respect and kindness

Thanks my brother, I really appreciate it.
I have been studying the Gospel of Saint Jones nonstop over the holidays. It is honestly very tiring and exhausting reading thousands and thousands of pages, but in the end it is all worth it when i spread these valuable teachings to Sherdog and the rest of the world, and together we can heal the world with compassion, love, respect and kindness

In all sincerity all the guys above deserve to be there. I don't want to vote as I have interacted with most.

They are good dudes, as are many not on the list. I will follow the example of Jones and love all equally

In all sincerity all the guys above deserve to be there. I don't want to vote as I have interacted with most.

They are good dudes, as are many not on the list. I will follow the example of Jones and love all equally
Yeah honestly it was tough for me to choose who to vote for, as i have made many positive interactions with most the people on the list

Its like if someone picked 10 friends of mines and asked me to vote for my 2 favorites. I feel bad i have to leave most of them out

Yeah honestly it was tough for me to choose who to vote for, as i have made many positive interactions with most the people on the list

Its like if someone picked 10 friends of mines and asked me to vote for my 2 favorites. I feel bad i have to leave most of them out

I have had pretty positive interactions with most, nothing too negative. It's actually the toughest list yet.

One of the above tagged me as a good poster despite me being a troll, so I'm returning the favour with a single vote. I will the other, as they are all good guys and I can't choose, unless I'm paid

They don't call me Dana for nothing, show me the money lol

@StonedLemur
May the best man win
Cheers to a great 2024

Edit oh it's 2 people. My 2nd vote goes to @Poirierfan for the same reasons. Great funny guy and extra points for all the conor bashing posts
You should have voted for me. In an unfathomable act of charity I allow such blasphemous Jones idolatry from you,when I normally dont !

{<hhh]

I have had pretty positive interactions with most, nothing too negative. It's actually the toughest list yet.

One of the above tagged me as a good poster despite me being a troll, so I'm returning the favour with a single vote. I will the other, as they are all good guys and I can't choose, unless I'm paid

They don't call me Dana for nothing, show me the money lol
I think you are a good poster too. A combination of serious, well thought out responses mixed with some light hearted trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back