Epic Beer Thread v27 - Happy Brew Year

hohner

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Happy new years to all the beer lovers of Sherdog!

May 2015 bring you many delicious pints, a glass of that one beer you've been trying to track down, and some successful brew days.

Cheers!

Prost!

Sl

Drinking a Boon Oude Geuze*Mariage Parfait*2009 at the moment. This shit is delicious. Tart lemons and apples, wine, bread, and oak are the major players. It finishes very dry and oaky making you immediately want to take another sip. Carbonation is spot on, light mouthfeel, cloudy orange yellow color. If you are a fan of sours, track this down.

Love Child No.4, a bottle of BCBS, and a Kiwi Rising for tomorrow. And plenty of Chopin potato vodka. Contemplating spending the big bucks on my favorite sour from Cascade since those are all beers I have had recently. Dropping roughly $33 takes some balls though.

I almost bought the cascade cranberry yesterday but decided against it.

I had a tiny bit of love child last night. Such a good beer.

I almost bought the cascade cranberry yesterday but decided against it.

I had a tiny bit of love child last night. Such a good beer.

Dang, never have had that. I only have The Vine, Apricot, Kriek, and Blueberry available to me, The Vine being my absolute favorite. Apricot isn't far behind though.

Ditto on Love Child. I'm definitely drinking that before I go out anywhere; the others are for post-shenanigans just to make sure I really pass the fuck out, and potentially vomit everywhere.

my buddy showed me an app called UnTapped at work today, you can track / rate the beers you drink and share them with your friends, its pretty cool I started using it tonight.

That app made me realize I drink a fuck load of beer. With so many beers out there it is a nice way to keep track of what you liked and what you didn't.

It is worth buying a bottle, I just wouldn't suggest buying a case.

What's ur untappd names? I just got on that shit like two weeks ago.

Dang, never have had that. I only have The Vine, Apricot, Kriek, and Blueberry available to me, The Vine being my absolute favorite. Apricot isn't far behind though.

Ditto on Love Child. I'm definitely drinking that before I go out anywhere; the others are for post-shenanigans just to make sure I really pass the fuck out, and potentially vomit everywhere.

I have Cranberry and Elderberry both available to me currently, but they are both over $30 a bottle. Probably worth it, but why buy that when this mariage parfait only cost $9 or 10 and is likely just as good?

Mine is my full real name.

Mines also my real name lol. Should've rethought that.

I have Cranberry and Elderberry both available to me currently, but they are both over $30 a bottle. Probably worth it, but why buy that when this mariage parfait only cost $9 or 10 and is likely just as good?

Yeah, all four of my options are priced @ 32.98

I have tried just about all the worthwhile sour offerings at my usual place, and the only ones that compete with the Cascade brews are the Hanssens Oude Gueuze and Oude Kriek. I also have a serious soft spot for Goose Island's Lolita. Some of The Bruery ones are tasty as hell too though, and slightly more affordable, but honestly, Cascade's Apricot Ale and the Vine are majestic on my palate.

Oh, and Pechish Woods + Cranberry Woods from Cisco are also good too.

They do make some great sours. I'll probably end up snatching a bottle of each, but I'll be pissed if they are anything less than stellar.

They do make some great sours. I'll probably end up snatching a bottle of each, but I'll be pissed if they are anything less than stellar.

Their Blueberry is the only one I wasn't ecstatic about. Their kriek is the most pucker intense sour I have had so far, but it is also great. And then, ofc, the vine and apricot.

Let me know how those other two go if you end up getting them ever.

Will do.

I really want to try my hand at brewing a sour in the near future. I have an idea for what I want to do, but I likely won't get around to it for a few weeks.

mine is my real name too, but it also says incrediblehanker so maybe that will work, idk I just got it today.

Happy eve fellers.

Not sure what i'm drinking tonight yet but it'll probably be a lot.

Just picked up a bottle of Allagash Interlude. I'm very excited to partake in it in the new year.

Happy New Year fellow Sherdoggers!

Just picked up a bottle of Allagash Interlude. I'm very excited to partake in it in the new year.

Happy New Year fellow Sherdoggers!

That's the one aged in wine barrels right? One of my local bars had it on tap for about a week. Really good beer if you like sours.

Back