Dana White on PFL champ Kayla Harrison joining UFC: 'I don't know if she's ready'

UFC is bush leagues that just markets better. Look at Jiri. They'll claim you're a once in human history fighter if you can sell 10 more PPVs.

LOL Dana is funny with the dumb shit he likes to say. Why not just acknowledge a good fighter when you see one? He just hates to give credit when it’s not within his own company, which is why nobody likes the guy.

Problem with the UFC is that they have no 145lb women’s division outside of Nunes. So you either feed Harrison/Nunes complete noodles, or undersized chicks who come up from 135lbs. There is just such a high skill gap from girls like Valentina/Nunes/Cyborg to the rest of the divisions.

But it’s always funny when Dana says fighters might not be ready. Meanwhile he’s signed some of the most laughable females, not to mention CM Punk. Just admit she’s good and move along. But if I were Kayla, I’d stay with PFL for awhile. Keep making big money smashing these chicks and take home the $1M at the end of the year.

After adding another dominant win to her unbeaten record in her season opener this past Thursday, Harrison was asked about a future move to the UFC, and in particular a matchup with her American Top Team teammate, and current two-division UFC champ, Amanda Nunes.

Harrison made it clear her goal is to go down as an all-time great, and it should be quite obvious to everyone what that would ultimately require.

“My goal is to be the greatest of all-time,” Harrison said following her win at 2021 PFL 3. “She is currently the greatest of all-time. The biggest compliment I could give to Amanda is I hope to fight her one day. That’s the best compliment I could give her because that means she’s the GOAT. She’s what we’re all chasing.”

Harrison has made it no secret that her current PFL contract expires at the end of this season. She’s proven she can make the women’s featherweight limit, which is a weight class the UFC employs. Everything seems lined up for a switch, but UFC president White told TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter on Monday that it may not be inevitable.

“I don’t know if she’s ready,” White said. “I mean, when she feels like she’s ready, I’m always looking for the best possible people to come in and fight. If you don’t think that’s we’ve offered her to come over – I just don’t know if her people think she’s ready yet. It’s a whole other level when you get here.”

Harrison, 30, has had minimal trouble with her competition thus far in PFL. She’s earned seven of nine career wins by stoppage, with her most recent 83-second TKO win being the quickest of the bunch.

White said the talent level under the UFC banner is a significant jump, and he speculated Harrison’s management team at Dominance MMA could be slow playing her career.

“Holly (Holm), Germaine (de Randamie), Aspen Ladd … Julianna Pena – the list goes on and on,” White said. “It’s a lot tougher when you come over here. I don’t know if they think she’s ready or not, but we’ll find out.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...s-kayla-harrison-pfl-champ-ready-amanda-nunes

Jessica Eye fought for a title. Ronda was once ever, Cindy Dandois fought on a main card. The WMMA bar in terms of skills/atheltcism is miles lower than Kayla Harrison's talent level.

LOL Dana is funny with the dumb shit he likes to say. Why not just acknowledge a good fighter when you see one? He just hates to give credit when it’s not within his own company, which is why nobody likes the guy.

Problem with the UFC is that they have no 145lb women’s division outside of Nunes. So you either feed Harrison/Nunes complete noodles, or undersized chicks who come up from 135lbs. There is just such a high skill gap from girls like Valentina/Nunes/Cyborg to the rest of the divisions.

But it’s always funny when Dana says fighters might not be ready. Meanwhile he’s signed some of the most laughable females, not to mention CM Punk. Just admit she’s good and move along. But if I were Kayla, I’d stay with PFL for awhile. Keep making big money smashing these chicks and take home the $1M at the end of the year.
When Dana says "ready" he's clearly not talking about her fighting ability. Read his quote again. He's offered her a contract before.

He's fight UFC has high level fighters like Jessica Eye on the roster. She's clearly not ready for that smoke.

TBH why would she join UFC? It’d be a pay cut. She’s damn near guaranteed to make 1 mil every time PFL does a tournament.

It's strange because they train together.
Oh shit I forgot about that, they're both at ATT.
If they do fight, they'll have a Lawler/Woodley situation where they'll pick one fighter to side with from the gym. ATT would definitely stick to Nunes though, she's been there much longer than Harrison.

So is she hoping to be signed into an almost non existant division? ...good luck with that, by that time the UFC might have done the right thing and remove womens FW.

I hate WMMA but, sorry - ready for WHAT?! Felicia fucking Spencer?!

Make Kayla Harrison x Megan Anderson

I'd tune in

<{titihmm}>

Although Kayla Harrison doesn't seem like she'd get along well with USADA
Beating USADA isn't as tough as people think it is. It comes down to making sure you consult with people who have high success rates at avoiding failing types of tests, and staying disciplined. Things like USADA serve to catch the low hanging fruit. People using absurd levels, and not well designed programs. People who have very little discipline in their lives aside from showing up to train.

That doesn't describe Harrison

I say bring her over.

She's crushing "cans" in a lesser org, but there really is hardly any Women's FW fighters out there, and they desperately need more fighters to fight Nunes.

She should be signed when her contract with PFL expires this year and see how she fares in the UFC.

I mean she is 9 - 0 (against lesser opponents, I know). She's a two time Olympic gold medalist and a potential money maker for their business.

What do they have to lose?

Agreed. Lets not pretend Kayla isn't a top 8 Womens FW the second she shows up in the weight class. It is a very shallow division.

Kayla will have options though. She could go to Bellator and try her luck with Budd and Cyborg. Both Harrison and Amanda are at ATT. So I expect Kayla knows exactly what the gap is right now.

lol. Dana White signed CM Punk and 1-0 Danyelle Wolf.

Kayla Harrison isn't ready?
<YeahOKJen>
It's unreal.

Dana is a wretched turd trying to act elitist, as if someone mauling every opponent and having a massive olympic history is useless.

Some weird Ronda defense/ fetish ?

If you compare her to the wmma roster she’s more than ready. Maybe if you compare her to nunes but it would still be the best fight by far for Nunes and it’s not really close.

Was Chimeav ready to go to the UFC? You never know until they get here and hopefully show case their skills. I think she's more than ready to fight in the UFC. But someone in the top 5, top 3 and than will see how she does. But can she cut to 135? I'm sure she can cut at 145. But there is no division there really besides Amanda Nunes. So she would have to fight Nunes right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back