Dana White on PFL champ Kayla Harrison joining UFC: 'I don't know if she's ready'

I agree with him. She needs real competition. She's crushing cans. She needs to try to make the weight

who is the real competition at 145? It’s just nunes. I don’t even think anyone fights at that class in the ufc

She's ready and of course he knows. He is playing games likely trying to really light a fire under her so that she would come in with a chip on her shoulder ready to kick everyone ass.

Just give her a TS against Nunes at 145.
The 145 division is useless. If Nunes wins there's no other contender.
If Kayle Judo tosses her, then there's maybe a 2nd or 3rd rematch and that's it.
It'd be cool if Kayla could make 135 lbs but she's very big... Although that might change under USADA rules.

After adding another dominant win to her unbeaten record in her season opener this past Thursday, Harrison was asked about a future move to the UFC, and in particular a matchup with her American Top Team teammate, and current two-division UFC champ, Amanda Nunes.

Harrison made it clear her goal is to go down as an all-time great, and it should be quite obvious to everyone what that would ultimately require.

“My goal is to be the greatest of all-time,” Harrison said following her win at 2021 PFL 3. “She is currently the greatest of all-time. The biggest compliment I could give to Amanda is I hope to fight her one day. That’s the best compliment I could give her because that means she’s the GOAT. She’s what we’re all chasing.”

Harrison has made it no secret that her current PFL contract expires at the end of this season. She’s proven she can make the women’s featherweight limit, which is a weight class the UFC employs. Everything seems lined up for a switch, but UFC president White told TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter on Monday that it may not be inevitable.

“I don’t know if she’s ready,” White said. “I mean, when she feels like she’s ready, I’m always looking for the best possible people to come in and fight. If you don’t think that’s we’ve offered her to come over – I just don’t know if her people think she’s ready yet. It’s a whole other level when you get here.”

Harrison, 30, has had minimal trouble with her competition thus far in PFL. She’s earned seven of nine career wins by stoppage, with her most recent 83-second TKO win being the quickest of the bunch.

White said the talent level under the UFC banner is a significant jump, and he speculated Harrison’s management team at Dominance MMA could be slow playing her career.

“Holly (Holm), Germaine (de Randamie), Aspen Ladd … Julianna Pena – the list goes on and on,” White said. “It’s a lot tougher when you come over here. I don’t know if they think she’s ready or not, but we’ll find out.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...s-kayla-harrison-pfl-champ-ready-amanda-nunes

The list does NOT go "on and on" Dana.. Not at 145

Harrison is probably a large cut above the last person Dana trotted out to challenge for the 145 title.

Don't understand why Dana can't just say things like: "That would be a fun fight" when talking about champs of other Orgs facing UFC folks.

lol. Dana White signed CM Punk and 1-0 Danyelle Wolf.

Kayla Harrison isn't ready?
<YeahOKJen>
It’s his classic response when they won’t come over for peanuts. I.E. “Jon doesn’t want to fight ngannou”. If they don’t take the deal, they “just don’t want it”.

She built Up her brand well outside of the ufc. Which means she can command more money. Dana don’t want to pay, so he will publicly shit on her and say she’s scared, not ready, UFC is too hard, etc. just to get her asking price down, because he knows Harrison vs Nunes is a huge fight. And the only test she has outside of another Val fight. (Which should be 1-1 imo).

I don't think she can make 135.
So... yeah, she is not ready, and she won't ever be, because the 145 division is kind of non-existent.

Based on her lone Invicta FC fight at 145 I think she would have even more hype if PFL allowed elbows.

5fb8e24a85f5402f9c5a1d6f.jpg

It really depends what Kayla wants her legacy to be. I understand both scenarios

1. Stay in PFL, make an easy $1mil per year. You aren't known by most casuals, you'll never fight top competition, you'll be known as a can crusher. But that money

2. Come to UFC and very likely make less money. Still crush cans b/c there is nobody else at 145. Fight Amanda at some point and either have your aura come crashing down or potentially be known as the woman who beat the female GOAT.

You wanna be Ben Askren/Michael Page or be Michael Chandler?

Based on her lone Invicta FC fight at 145 I think she would have even more hype if PFL allowed elbows.

5fb8e24a85f5402f9c5a1d6f.jpg

Yeah that shit was scary, when she was in mount against Moraes last week I was thinking about how lucky she was that Kayla couldn't drop those things.

Oh shit I forgot about that, they're both at ATT.
If they do fight, they'll have a Lawler/Woodley situation where they'll pick one fighter to side with from the gym. ATT would definitely stick to Nunes though, she's been there much longer than Harrison.
I hope it happens soon while Nunes is in her prime!

Dana White on PFL champ Kayla Harrison joining UFC: 'I don't know if she's ready'............................ to take the giant fucking pay cut.

Harrison > PVZ, both skill-wise and in terms of athleticism. Yet, PVZ was once an employee of the UFC. The only issue for Harrison is there isn't much competition at Featherweight. Harrison would also be making a bigger weight cut, which may affect her style of fighting.

Back