Dana White on PFL champ Kayla Harrison joining UFC: 'I don't know if she's ready'

No definitely not.

nut even if they offer her 50/50 plus Venom sponsorship.

There’s no external sponsors allowed in the octagon.

It’ll be a dramatic pay cut for the sake of challenging herself unless she becomes the champion.

She has a very good chance of becoming champion. They wouldn't offer her 50/50 either, they pay Lins more than that, she'd get 100k to show at an absolute minimum.

If she can beat Amanda then she probably gets 500k per fight as champion, plus increased opportunities outside the octagon in terms of marketing deals etc.

As a double gold medal winning US Olympian turned UFC champion who's also a good role model she'd have plenty of sponsorship opportunities in would imagine.

She's too big for the current divisions (145 basically doesn't even exist) so I understand the hesitance to give her an immediate shot at 145, lest she not be able to do it consistently and what would they really offer her besides Nunes.

Also she's beating people who have no business being in there with her. Shame the division is not up to her speed, she's just ahead of her time in terms of gals her size.

Correction: First learn to read and then read the quote snackdiva

she right now not leaving those easy pfl checks so no need for dana to waste time talking to her. if pfl folds than maybe but she get a better chance to do to bellator any way.

she right now not leaving those easy pfl checks so no need for dana to waste time talking to her. if pfl folds than maybe but she get a better chance to do to bellator any way.

Correction: First learn to read, then read the quote, and then learn to write snackdiva

Correction: First learn to read, then read the quote, and then learn to write snackdiva

so you leave a company that gifting you checks that you never in anyother company. notice guys like jsutin gathje and marlon didnt leave wsof until they folded an the 250k plus checks stopped.

she has a cake walk path to the big money no reason to leave.

Isn’t she a gold medalist and ronda was just bronze? Not rdy wtf is Dana talking about lolllllll he just mad PFL has her

Kayla's fights in MMA are good to watch and she has proven she can make 145. She destroys every female at 145 except Nunes. And she might win that fight because Nunes will most likely end up underneath her. Sooner she comes over to the UFC the better. UFC/MMA should be growing, not closing divisions.

"we offered her to come over but her people don't think she's ready" aka we lowballed her

Kayla potentially has 3 more PFL fights this year: one in June, then a semifinal and a final (dates TBD). That's a lot, but if she runs through them very easily with minimal damage, maybe the UFC and PFL lawyers should get together and work some cross-promotional magic.

Let Kayla take a one-off UFC fight vs. Amanda Nunes at 145 during the PFL off-season

If she wins, she can go back and do the next PFL season. UFC doesn't have a lot of other credible opponents for her and Amanda will still have the 135 belt to worry about. They can worry about a rematch or another UFC challenger the following year.

If she loses, she can go back and do the next PFL season.

There's probably a million reasons why this can't/won't happen, but Kayla might actually be good enough to do both.

Kayla potentially has 3 more PFL fights this year: one in June, then a semifinal and a final (dates TBD). That's a lot, but if she runs through them very easily with minimal damage, maybe the UFC and PFL lawyers should get together and work some cross-promotional magic.

Let Kayla take a one-off UFC fight vs. Amanda Nunes at 145 during the PFL off-season

If she wins, she can go back and do the next PFL season. UFC doesn't have a lot of other credible opponents for her and Amanda will still have the 135 belt to worry about. They can worry about a rematch or another UFC challenger the following year.

If she loses, she can go back and do the next PFL season.

There's probably a million reasons why this can't/won't happen, but Kayla might actually be good enough to do both.

This is the last year on her PFL contract, if she wants to come over she'll just come over. I think PFL have been preparing for her to leave which is imo why they've invested in Claressa Shields.

This is the last year on her PFL contract, if she wants to come over she'll just come over. I think PFL have been preparing for her to leave which is imo why they've invested in Claressa Shields.
I'm sure you're right, but the PFL money might be hard to pass up. Kayla probably doesn't want to fight 5 times a year, anyway, but she might be good enough to do both UFC and PFL.

I'm sure you're right, but the PFL money might be hard to pass up. Kayla probably doesn't want to fight 5 times a year, anyway, but she might be good enough to do both UFC and PFL.

They won't do cross promotion, either she signs for the UFC or she doesn't fight there.

What do you mean not ready ? Didn't you sign a boxer without pro fights to the Feathetweight division? At least Harrison is 9-0.

They won't do cross promotion, either she signs for the UFC or she doesn't fight there.
I know they won't, that's not my point. It would be nice if they did, and I think they actually could, because so far Larissa Pacheco is the only PFL fighter who can challenge Kayla, and Amanda Nunes is the only really interesting opponent for her in the UFC.

Lol, laughable. She will run through everyone in the UFC with ease probably, in her weight class (which is 3 people) other than Amanda. She could run through her as well.

Thing about signing Kayla is her name value demanding a big contract right away. It's not the same as bringing a random 5-0 fighter over to climb her way up from undercards. So they need to be sure before paying her. Or even have the willingness to pay her in the first place. Everyone knows she is UFC material. It's not that simple. Paying someone 10k is simple.

There is no competition for Nunes now. Kayla is a lifelong competitor. So of course I would like to see it.

Last edited:
I really dont understand whites agenda here. If theres anyone on the planet right now ( while shes in her prime ) who can come right in and build a legitimate super fight, its kayla. Maybe hes protecting Amanda & UFC cause theres nothing at 145 . What really happens after that ?

IDK, I smell a fox in my henhouse. I wonder if Dana has taken Nunes aside and asked of shed be willing to fight this monster who shes obviously familiar with.

For people not familiar, kayla trains down in Florida with the best .... and for a bit now.
If you were ask me one name at 45 that could possibly best Nunes, itd be Harrison.

He means he doesn't know if she accepts the shit offer he's gonna make her while she actually makes real money in PFL.

Back