Dana White Calls Vince McMahon ‘The Michael Jordan of the Business World’

View attachment 1008541

In the present day, Dana White and Vince McMahon are essentially part of the same team. That wasn’t always the case.

“My history with Vince isn’t a good one,” White told Sports Illustrated. “He tried to f---k me so many times for no reason whatsoever except just to f---k me. But that’s in the past. Now that Vince and I are allies, no one’s been a better partner than Vince.”

The UFC and World World Wrestling Entertainment officially merged under the parent company TKO Group Holdings in September. White became UFC CEO as a result, but his duties haven’t changed significantly, while McMahon remains executive chairman of WWE. What has changed is the relationship between the two company heads.

“Since Day 1 of the deal, it’s like I’m dealing with a different guy,” White said. “It goes to show that when you oppose him, or he thinks you are opposing him, the guy comes after you blindly. Once you are aligned, Vince is an incredible partner.

“We’ve probably spoken on the phone 20 times since the deal. It’s all added-value conversation — with Vince doing work and raising the bar for both companies.”

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/D...e-Michael-Jordan-of-the-Business-World-191505

gross...

sometimes i wonder how someone as dumb as dana white become successful, only in america

He's creepy as fuck with that weird mustache. What's going on there.

ijOg9ma.gif

He's not really wrong. At one point Vince was in a position of either "this wresltemania idea" works, or it dosen't and the company and his own financial security goes belly up from going all in on it. To being a legit billionaire of an entertainment empire he built all himself. Dana is wildly successful with where he's gotten himself too. But he had some major help doing it being backed by the fertitas, And he's just not gotten to the level of wealth that Vince has all by himself. So it makes sense that Dana looks up to him. At the end of the day they're both promoters, dosen't really matter all that much that one is pre meditated wrestling, and the other is just competition fighting. They're both in the business of the same thing, selling tickets, ppvs, tv deals, and merchandise in sports entertainment.

On the one hand it's weird since Dana has made it clear he didn't care for "fake fighting" and Vince tried to make moves to sink UFC.

On the other hand, I do think that between the two of them there may be more similarities than differences.
In addition to being the greatest basketball player of all time, Mike is a known asshole. Maybe the comparison isn't too far off
I was actually thinking of the same thing. The way Dana ends the interview, saying he respects killers, I can see a similarity to Jordan. I don't see a similarity in how MJ dominated his sport compared to how Vince dominated "business".

Come on... Vince and Dana both changed the game while turning their companies into billion dollar empires...

wwe is pure poison. There is literally nothing redeeming about it. It's success is a stain on the human identity and is moraly abhorrent.

Parents that let their kids watch it are unfit to rear other humans.

an entertainment empire he built all himself.

He had massive help from the very beginning, he succeeded in his dreams and is king of his jungle but he didnt do it alone

Best promoter off all time! Wrestling, MMA, Boxing etc..no one did it better!!

Obvious Vinnie Mac can't be fucked with.

Vinnie Mac > Trump > Dana.

Back