Media Vince McMahon responds to Dana White: denies bad past, & says "I'm a better businessman"

Who is the better businessman?

• Total voters
That’s not true at all he’s quoted as saying he was going to take over the UFC I know he was the financial backer bc I remember it .

This is from a bleacher report article Trumps Failed Venture Into the MMA world (During the event, Clubine got the opportunity to interview Trump and asked him if he thought Affliction would end up taking over the UFC. He said: "It probably will. ... All the fighters want to be with us, and I think it probably will take over."

Your source is some vague recollection of something claimed by Trump.

<Dany07>

So is vince actually Dana's boss? Like does Dana answer to him now ?

So is vince actually Dana's boss? Like does Dana answer to him now ?

Vince is on the board of directors for TKO Holdings which owns both the WWE and UFC so he outranks Dana, I dont think Dana has to actually run things by Vince, though
Not yet, at least

Vince made Wrestling national under one brand and also international. He was nearly dead in the water with the NWO/WCW era, yet survived and make his product bigger than ever. Dana rode his rich buddies coattails and hated the Ultimate Fighter the program that made the UFC massive. The guy is good at getting attention and being the face of the company but he didn't build shit. Vince has always been the boss since he took over from his father, Dana has never been the boss.

anyone saying vince is a better business man is misguided.

Vince only became owner of the WWE in the 80s. Apples to apples, Dana did just as much if not more in the first 20 years of owning this business than vince. Vince didn't create prowrestling from the ground up. Mixed martial arts is a platform that dana pioneered(or at the very least was a part of that pioneering), Took from illegal in most places, to popular around the world. Vince cannot say he did the same thing.

Vince is a genius. Use to watch wrestling back in the day, his vision was on another planet.

anyone saying vince is a better business man is misguided.

Vince only became owner of the WWE in the 80s. Apples to apples, Dana did just as much if not more in the first 20 years of owning this business than vince. Vince didn't create prowrestling from the ground up. Mixed martial arts is a platform that dana pioneered(or at the very least was a part of that pioneering), Took from illegal in most places, to popular around the world. Vince cannot say he did the same thing.
Where did WWF run shows out of before Vincent K Mcmahon took over? Where do they operate out of today by comparison?

Vince took over the business during the territory days and made it much, much, much, much bigger

There is nothing Dana did that Vince did not do other than making pro-wrestling legal because it already was.

Where did WWF run shows out of before Vincent K Mcmahon took over? Where do they operate out of today by comparison?

Vince took over the business during the territory days and made it much, much, much, much bigger

There is nothing Dana did that Vince did not do other than making pro-wrestling legal because it already was.
Imo this feat is greater than anything vince ever did.

Growing up I was always a fan of WWE. WWE is not as popular as it used to be and most people will tell you the quality of MMA has only increased in the last 30 years. from 80-2010 was already begining the decline of WWE

Except Vince was putting his money and livelyhood on the line, not his friends'.

UFC was the Fertittas' business. WWE/F is Vince's.
Sure, vince took on more risk I agree with it.

But Dana took something smaller than the WWE and turned it into something bigger than the WWE is today, and if it's not there yet it will be soon. Vince didn't just build the WWE he also broke it later

Last edited:
Dang Vince looks and sounds so different from last I seen him (which I guess was when I was a kid watching stone cold)

But Dana took something smaller than the WWE and turned it into something bigger than the WWE is today, and if it's not there yet it will be soon. Vince didn't just build the WWE he also broke it later
WWE signed a 5 billion dollar contract with Netflix. They're doing pretty well lol. That's not to even mention they have so many ways of merchandising their products.

While Vince did not invent Pro Wrestling many of the commercial factors you see in Pro Wrestling were things he brought to wrestling. Some people assume there were always action figures, video games, pyrometrics, wrestlers having their own theme music, video montages, clothing lines etc - McMahon for the most part brought that to wrestling.

McMahon is on another level as a promoter, businessman, manager, and producer. WWE was way ahead of anything ever seen in wrestling when it came to camera work, music, and editing - he was even ahead of many mainstream sports organizations with way more resources.

That's not to mention Vince owned his company and after turning it public still controlled nearly all of it. Dana only owns DWCS to my knowledge.

Last edited:
This isn't even up for debate

Vince is the GOAT even though both him & Dana are piece of shit human beings, with Vince probably being way worse

But as business men, what Vince did was amazing. Even if he's been out of touch the last decade or so.

pro wrestling wasn’t as big until Vince created the attitude era then it really took off. They both are responsible for the success of their companies.

Back