News Dana: Masvidal vs Leon is happening

Leon is going to win 50-45. It's not even going to be a real competitive fight.

Edwards wins, smart fight from the UFC's point of view - they're continuing to build Leon nicely. While he's not in a title shot, he should absolutely be vanquishing name fighters.

Plus, if Masvidal does won, that's fun as hell.

for Leon its smart. If he waits he could get passed up by Luque maybe so stay busy, get another big fight after the Nate one and settle a score. He also should be favored. If he wins this there's not denying him the next title shot.

For Masvidal it gets him back into the mix if he wins, I know nobody wants another Mas/Usman fight but he wins this and one more he'll have earned it and if Colby becomes champ he wins this he'd get Colby next.

A UK fighter out wrestling an American.

Yikes.

I know they have a dispute, but this is something i have never cared about..

I like both guys. Pretty close fight too imo. I'd give Leon the edge, but would rather Masvidal win.

The more Leon wins, the more he will be further back into a TS.
Legit feel like the only way for Edwards to get a shot is through a short notice replacement.

This is so foul to Leon. He just needs to make noise and be a hooligan.

Good. This fight needs to happen after the whole three piece incident. Should be fairly close, but I think Leon should take it by mixing it up with a wrestling heavy game-plan.

Leon getting screwed again lol. And WW division stalled.

Who is fighting Usman after he is done with Colbi?

You have Luque there but Nate called him out. Burns for sure needs one more.

LOL. Let's see what happens this weekend between Nick vs Robbie. Apparently if Nick wins he's right "up there" as a contender.o_O

Wouldn't surprise me if Nick won this weekend for him to get a #1 contender fight or even a shot.

Leon said in an interview with Helwani earlier this week he would only accept a fight with Masvidal if it was scheduled for 2021 as he believes the next title shot should belong to him assuming he wins.

That is totally reasonable. If the fight cannot be made for this year then Leon said he would wait for the next title shot, which he obviously deserves given he is on a nine fight win streak.

LOL. Let's see what happens this weekend between Nick vs Robbie. Apparently if Nick wins he's right "up there" as a contender.o_O

Wouldn't surprise me if Nick won this weekend for him to get a #1 contender fight or even a shot.

You don't become the WW #1 contender by winning a fight at MW. There is no amount of mental gymnastics Kamaru or his management could use to justify denying Leon a title shot again.

The great thing is though once Leon becomes champion he will be well within his right to hold the misdeeds of Kamarus agent against the contenders currently represented by that agent. So Vicente Luque, Gilbert Burns , Belal Muhammad, Khamzat Chimaev, Muslim Sahlikov should not be expecting to get a title shot anytime this decade.

Maybe in 2030. Also why are Gilbert Burns and Vicente Luque not fighting eachother?

Leon getting screwed again lol. And WW division stalled.

Who is fighting Usman after he is done with Colbi?

You have Luque there but Nate called him out. Burns for sure needs one more.
The answer is of course Nick.

The fact that his last loss is to the current champion makes it that much more egregious.

Agreed. The other funny thing is he beat Luque in early 2017 and hasn't lost since. Now many people have been saying he should have to fight Luque for a title shot.

Masvidal wins imo, and I agree with others that it needs to be 5 rds.

Yeah but he lost to Usman. That doesnt mean he cant beat Leon.
Agreed. Losing to usman doesn't make you a bad fighter.
Would have loved Jorge to get a win though before this fight. Too many pea brain fans around that will be quick to give no credit to Leon IF he beats Jorge.
You know its true.

Back