News Dana: Masvidal vs Leon is happening

This fight doesn’t make any sense. Jorge is coming off a brutal KO loss. While Leon has won his last 7 fights or whatever it is. That’s moving completely backwards

Leon will win and move himself further away from the title like only he can.
He’ll be sure to make it as methodical and boring as possible.. if possible almost KOd at the end for dramatic effect.. then 10 more wins and noone can deny him that shot..

One of them will win a decision

This is so foul to Leon. He just needs to make noise and be a hooligan.
I’d say first he needs to beat relevant contenders in the division without putting people to sleep.. he’s been fighting nothing but former LWs and his last decent ww win was a split d over gunnar and Luque… who wasn’t even top 15 at the time…

jorge knows a 50/50 fight isnt a good idea since he in a must win spot to keep the casuals fans that he needs to make him money buying his clothing line or buying his beer line or buying his fight company.

jorge knows waiting to maybe fight nate or conor is a better idea.

he ain’t that important so this was a good option.

he ain’t that important so this was a good option.

casual stil lthink he important. notice he doing wrestling if he loses more there be more of that as well as no more casuals buying up his clothing line ot beer plus he needs casuals to try and support his fighting company that likely will fail any way.

This needs to be five rounds.

Yes, I don’t want to see this matchup wasted on a three round point fight. There needs to be some finality achieved here.

On a side note: how funny is it that Dana is doing Masvidal’s bidding in this case, despite Leon’s protests?

<36>

(I like both guys but can’t help being amused)

This needs to be five rounds.

With a big name like Masvidal, who's the #2 most popular fighter in the sport, its guaranteed to be the main event of a PPV or it'll be the 2nd 5-Round Co-Main without a title up for grabs.

Ironically, Leon fought in the 1st.

Edit - I'd bet on Leon, but if Masvidal wins does that mean he gets a 3rd shot at Usman? God I hope not. Its pretty clear who the better fighter is.

Yes, I don’t want to see this matchup wasted on a three round point fight. There needs to be some finality achieved here.

On a side note: how funny is it that Dana is doing Masvidal’s bidding in this case, despite Leon’s protests?

<36>

(I like both guys but can’t help being amused)

Dana gonna Dana.

Should be a good fight.

Leon will need a minimum of 11 fights since his last loss in order to fight for the title.

<36>
Agreed, the beating he took in the last minute was a reset.
He needs at least a good 2-3 more solid wins to be back in contention.

Going with Mas. Better striker, he'll eventually land. Weird matchmaking, though. If Mas wins well he already lost to Usman twice. Leon would be a "new" contender for Usman.

Masvidal probably wins. And a win against a fighter with no elite wins will once again put Masvidal in pole position for a title shot.

yeah good.

mas will knock leon out with a flying knee in the first round and get to fight for the title again. as he rightfully deserves to. usman vs mas 3 needs to happen ASAP before usman loses the belt!

Back