News Dana: Masvidal vs Leon is happening

Imagine being so clueless that people believe landing one punch in a 25 minute fight means you “almost finished” someone. He didn’t even knock him down, ffs.

Whether it’s Diaz ballwashing or Edwards hate it’s fucking pathetically delusional. I guess every single fight someone almost finished the other guy. The level of casual fandom, and knowledge in here is astounding.

Leon was out on his feet and got saved by the bell. His ability to recover after getting rocked was actually trash.

Nate obv had the biggest moment of the fight

Leon should sign the contract then cheap shot him in the stare down at the weigh-in getting the fight cancelled. All he has to do is go to his twitter later and write #supernecessary and all the tweeners will be orgasmic over how cool he is!

Unironically a good idea

You don't become the WW #1 contender by winning a fight at MW. There is no amount of mental gymnastics Kamaru or his management could use to justify denying Leon a title shot again.

The great thing is though once Leon becomes champion he will be well within his right to hold the misdeeds of Kamarus agent against the contenders currently represented by that agent. So Vicente Luque, Gilbert Burns , Belal Muhammad, Khamzat Chimaev, Muslim Sahlikov should not be expecting to get a title shot anytime this decade.

Maybe in 2030. Also why are Gilbert Burns and Vicente Luque not fighting eachother?

Conor got 155 title shots winning at 170. Nothing matters except $. Nick will get the shot if he wins and doesn't look like trash

Awesome, this fight will be wicked too, as well as making sense and having some drama to it.

Leon looked good last fight till he didn't. Now with Mas, I think he can avenge his three piece and soda and sell some tickets. Let's face it Leon Dana will make sure you never fight for the title!

Mas will fuck him up. Easy win

Leon Edwards is the most overrated fighter on the roster. His only chance to win is hit and run for another boring decision

Good. Leon will be able to beat that bum and hopefully get his long due title shot

I hope they build up a lot of promotion for this one and Leon pulls out last second blaming injury/covid. Be a good "clapback" for the shit he went through.

leon will win the same way vs jorge like he did vs nate. just cause nate almost won doesnt mean anything.

Jorge is way better than Nate. Leon and Jorge are 50/50. Won’t be an easy fight for either But leon showed to be chinny to me.

Nice fight both lost there last ones

Imagine being so clueless that people believe landing one punch in a 25 minute fight means you “almost finished” someone. He didn’t even knock him down, ffs.

Whether it’s Diaz ballwashing or Edwards hate it’s fucking pathetically delusional. I guess every single fight someone almost finished the other guy. The level of casual fandom, and knowledge in here is astounding.
As bad as Diaz is, Leon is the much bigger and stronger guy. Leon should have finished him with relative ease. Instead he was wobbled and had to survive the round. Leon showed to be a little bit chinny imho. Jorge is much better than Diaz.

Dana didn't say it was going to happen he said maybe, in the context of how he said it, it seems more like he was admitting they were talking about it but nothing is certain.

Makes sense for both guys, no point in Leon sitting out for so many months. Its not fully confimed but looks like thats what Dana wants next for both guys

• One guy is 9-0 in his last nine fights.
  • One guy is 3-4 in his last seven fights and coming off 2 straight losses.

How does it make sense for both guys, again?

I got Masvidal.
IMO he has better striking and enough grappling defense (defended very well against Maia and Usman) to mitigate Leon's grappling. I also think Leon has a questionable chin.

But Masvidal is up there in age, and who knows how this Usman KO will affect him.
Great analysis and great fight

Back