• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crazy if Max beats Illia only to lose to Volk again..

It's crazy how much Volk's legacy was diminished by the back-to-back KO losses.

People are saying Volk looked slower vs Ilia. He looked pretty much the same to me. He came back before he had time to recover from that head kick KO. Now, it will be a question as to whether his chin is cracked. All because he took the Islam rematch too early.

Volk's coaches need to make sure he is healthy and before he fights again.
He had a diminished chin from the Islam fight and it made him fight differently, if he looked "pretty much the same" to you then I'm not sure what you saw. He fought like he was terrified of being in the pocket for more than 1 second because he was obviously worried about his ability to take a shot.

The fucking nonsense you read about a fighter who's lost to a fighter not once, not twice but three times.

Volk's better than Max and always has been, get the fuck over it already, good grief.
Well....twice.
I still think he won the second fight.

Pretty good assessment TS. Volk doesnt seem to have the chin anymore, Max does, but Max doesnt see to have the power like Topuria. I could see Max out class Topuria, but lose to Volk for a third time. MMA is crazy like that.

Max has already knocked Volkanovski down twice. In their second fight, he dropped him in Round 1 and Round 2.

Always? Ummm.. reaction time slows as you age out of your athletic prime. Volkanovski turns 36 in a few months. He is out of his prime and his reaction time has declined and it will continue to get worse and worse. Max is 32 and still has several prime years in front of him.
2 Knock downs that Volk wasn't even badly hurt in, in 15 rounds.. Did you watch the Topuria fight? Volk was still doing his thing doing good until he got caught by a guy who actually has legit 1 shot KO power. Topuria is quick as fuck and Volk was able to hang.. Volk is a great athlete and I haven't seen a major decline in his speed. He just got caught by a much bigger dude in Islam and a KO striker in Ilia.

He has 3 fucking wins on the guy lol.. Adesanya has a better record against Alex than Max has against Volk lol. What are we doing?

Crazy because maybe he just has max’s number..

Maybe Volk is just old?

But its crazy is Volk beats max after beating Illia, then only to lose again to Illia, crazy.

Especially after what Max just AND if her were to beat Illia, Volk just swoops in.

Crazy.
Bablefish

It would be funny to see Volk as Max’s gatekeeper for a few fights!

Considering his age and recent KO loss, I thought Volk looked good against Topuria, a bit gun-shy and picky with exchanges, which is common for older fighters, especially those coming off KO losses. Volk is an all time great, but I wouldn't be surprised if he looks washed in his next fight, you can't take that kind of damage in quick succession as an older fighter.

Back