cop arrests mother and daughters after she calls claiming neighbor choked her 7 year old son

Oh I definitely know you don't understand what I'm talking about . . . violence first at all costs. That's ridiculous.

Yeah conservatives have historically loved people showing their democracy

Pause not

How any examples would you like

Can you explain how current economic models don't call for it? It seems it would be up to the city officials to determine the hiring practices for their police force. Once enough citizens demand a more educated police force, to prevent shit like this from happening, it seems the city officials would likely implement those practices, granted the higher wages would have to come from higher taxes which populations rarely agree to pay. But people would also pay no taxes if they were given the choice as individuals, despite how much doing so would downgrade their quality of life.

At the core of all philosophy's including political and economic theory's, is ethical and moral considerations, that lead to conflicts between freedoms and governance. We have at the core of all political and economic actions, contract enforced by the threat of violence. All biological organisms are governed to move toward pleasurable life giving action and away from harm, and our current political climate reflects the value of force as a legitimate means of control, based on the presumption that our nature is unchangeable from its biological origins, or at least is not at a stage of evolution that would allow for a society governed by non-violent means. If we had a population of rational people that can be negotiated with and held accountable in a logical manner than we would be talking differently, but that would bring us to why we haven't reformed education to reflect our best knowledge and promote the best intellectual tools we could install.

The truth is we have a vast political and economic system that feeds off of, what I call the three D's, decay, destruction and death, three things we see on everyone's minds whether they like it or not, and the money and power that can be had at the juncture of life and death, creation and destruction is where the action is at. Unfortunately there are many who, due to moral relativity, don't mind the status quo and will in fact cause harm for profit. This leads us back to this shit cop, who came from a culture of exceptable violence as a means to govern others behavior. Until we have superior gene's, meme's and means, we will continue to see this play out repeatedly before us. What new paradigm and collective conscience will bring us to change? Nothing in our lifetime. We have known for a very long time that if you treat someone with respect and dignity, and in a fair manor they will likely comply voluntarily, but as long as the world is largely governed by might is right ideologies that won't happen. Add to that the current popular ideological concepts of the me, me, me, generations and you have a short sighted, disconnected populous only concerned with stepping over bodies to get to the next feed bag.

Shit...I have to run.

I will finish this up latter Soda...

My husband tried to show me this last night and I just couldnt watch.

Please try to imagine a world in which the police will actually back up someone who assaults your small child, simply because of the colour of your skin. A place in which you are in danger calling for help from the people who are supposed to protect you. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around how that must feel but I do know it makes me feel sick to my stomach and helpless beyond words.
I couldn't agree more, it is truly disgusting. It should matter whether we are male or female, white, black, brown or whatever to feel empathy toward a fellow human being in such a humiliating situation. I wonder if this piece of shit officer will answer for that.

And the cycle continues.

Dumbass underqualified cops arrest/treats blacks unfairly > go's viral > blacks protest > casualties on both ends

Rinse and repeat.

My husband tried to show me this last night and I just couldnt watch.

Please try to imagine a world in which the police will actually back up someone who assaults your small child, simply because of the colour of your skin. A place in which you are in danger calling for help from the people who are supposed to protect you. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around how that must feel but I do know it makes me feel sick to my stomach and helpless beyond words.

<36>

lol texas trump voting poe-lease

this is what happens when the qualifications to be a police officer are so low.

Ive been saying it for years. Cops should have a mandatory masters in criminology or something similar, perhaps even a law degree, as well as their police academy training.

letting retards with a 2 year criminal justice degree in or worse, only a high school diploma is pretty dumb AF.

increase their wages and make it harder to be a cop. Wont fix everything but I'd feel safer around policemen who I know at least were smart enough to get through more than 4 years of highschool

Shit cop doing a shit job of policing.

Gonna disagree on having a college degree making a person more qualified to do a job. I know plenty of shit firefighters with college educations. PD's need to focus on candidates that have actual people skills.

Shit cop doing a shit job of policing.

Gonna disagree on having a college degree making a person more qualified to do a job. I know plenty of shit firefighters with college educations. PD's need to focus on candidates that have actual people skills.

you dont need a college degree to be a fire fighter

this is what happens when the qualifications to be a police officer are so low.

Ive been saying it for years. Cops should have a mandatory masters in criminology or something similar, perhaps even a law degree, as well as their police academy training.

letting retards with a 2 year criminal justice degree in or worse, only a high school diploma is pretty dumb AF.

increase their wages and make it harder to be a cop. Wont fix everything but I'd feel safer around policemen who I know at least were smart enough to get through more than 4 years of highschool
I don't understand how this will necessarily help with the racism issue, or any other type of discrimination based type of behavior . Seems we could potentially just end up with better educated racist bags of shit with badges. There certainly seem to be enough well educated people in politics who share less than desirable ideologies. I don't believe the level of education in any way reflects the goodness of a person or their ability to be a trustable, honest, compassionate police officer. It's also difficult enough in many areas, especially big cities, to attract people to a difficult profession as it is. Most people with that much education would likely choose more white collar jobs, regardless of pay.

I don't understand how this will necessarily help with the racism issue, or any other type of discrimination based type of behavior . Seems we could potentially just end up with better educated racist bags of shit with badges. There certainly seem to be enough well educated people in politics who share less than desirable ideologies. I don't believe the level of education in any way reflects the goodness of a person or their ability to be a trustable, honest, compassionate police officer. It's also difficult enough in many areas, especially big cities, to attract people to a difficult profession as it is. Most people with that much education would likely choose more white collar jobs, regardless of pay.

id reckon the most racists cops are the least educated

you dont need a college degree to be a fire fighter

Lol, tell that to the idiots studying fire science thinking it means shit on the line. There are PD's not needing college either.

All I'm saying is that a college degree won't make a person a better human being. You either are, or you are not.

Lol, tell that to the idiots studying fire science thinking it means shit on the line. There are PD's not needing college either.

All I'm saying is that a college degree won't make a person a better human being. You either are, or you are not.

Exactly. It looks good on paper, but realistically a degree means shit in public service work. I've known guys who just had the required associates to get the job be awesome and I've seen a guy with a masters degree from Duke flunk out of field training.

Well time to give this cop some paid vacation. Problem solved according to the US justice system.

hqdefault.jpg

or maybe he is just racist.

why the fuck do people always jump around the obvious to justify obvious fuckery by the police?

you don't see a problem with the cops questioning of the mother?

I haven't watched the video and have no opinion on it but I will say this:

People should always jump around the obvious and avoid making a judgement when all they have is a video. People are always in such a rush to judge. Even in the most obvious of cases I try and allow that there might be important things I don't know.

I find people here are far more likely to pass judgement in less than a second than they are to make excuses (which is also wrong).

I haven't watched the video and have no opinion on it but I will say this:

People should always jump around the obvious and avoid making a judgement when all they have is a video. People are always in such a rush to judge. Even in the most obvious of cases I try and allow that there might be important things I don't know.

I find people here are far more likely to pass judgement in less than a second than they are to make excuses (which is also wrong).

If you can watch that video and come up with reasons why the mother was at fault you are either racist or an idiot.

If you can watch that video and come up with reasons why the mother was at fault you are either racist or an idiot.

I didn't watch the video and don't have an opinion. I'll trust that it's as obvious as you say, I wouldn't be surprised.

I was just making a point. People seem a lot more likely in general to judge without thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back