cop arrests mother and daughters after she calls claiming neighbor choked her 7 year old son

The incidents are similar, not identical. It's a national embarrassment for both departments based on officers responding to routine calls. They hate that shit. The way both departments responded in the initial aftermath is similar. Don't be surprised if the officer resigns or is outright fired within a week or two...
Theyre not similar. Pulling a gun on innocent minors is a lot different than being a jerk.

Theyre not similar. Pulling a gun on innocent minors is a lot different than being a jerk.
In terms of misconduct and going against training, they're similar. The Fort Worth cop was only dealing with females in small numbers. The McKinley cop was dealing with more people including males. The point when he pulls a gun is when a black male approaches him in a somewhat menacing way while he was manhandling a black female. Honestly, the behavior that he displayed before pulling the gun is worse than pulling the gun itself. Most cops will pull a gun if approached in a threatening manner by a male, especially black. The misconduct was the most egregious part of the incident.

So is there a reason your account got like restarted from zero or w/e happened? Been wondering about that
long story, but nothing nefarious.

had to do with me using an admin account and renaming this one. once I stepped down I just reset everyfhing

In terms of misconduct and going against training, they're similar. The Fort Worth cop was only dealing with females in small numbers. The McKinley cop was dealing with more people including males. The point when he pulls a gun is when a black male approaches him in a somewhat menacing way while he was manhandling a black female. Honestly, the behavior that he displayed before pulling the gun is worse than pulling the gun itself. Most cops will pull a gun if approached in a threatening manner by a male, especially black. The misconduct was the most egregious part of the incident.
I cant see them being anything near the same. Its not embarassment that causes policemen to be given the choice to quit or retire. There have been plenty of embarassing videos where victims sued the police and won settlements and the officer never faced discipline and remained on the job. This guy wont get fired he hasnt been found guilty of gross misconduct.

I cant see them being anything near the same. Its not embarassment that causes policemen to be given the choice to quit or retire. There have been plenty of embarassing videos where victims sued the police and won settlements and the officer never faced discipline and remained on the job. This guy wont get fired he hasnt been found guilty of gross misconduct.
I've sort of seen a new normal in terms of cops being fired, resigning, being prosecuted, etc. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see...

I've sort of seen a new normal in terms of cops being fired, resigning, being prosecuted, etc. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see...
The chief said that the officers conduct was rude but not racist. Do you honestly think they can fire a cop because he was rude? I see this defying your suggestion of a new normal and being same old same old. Cop will keep his job and this will blow over. Woman will sue and get a payout from taxpayer money. We have seen this over and over.

Good riddance? He's still a police officer.
The chief said that the officers conduct was rude but not racist. Do you honestly think they can fire a cop because he was rude? I see this defying your suggestion of a new normal and being same old same old. Cop will keep his job and this will blow over. Woman will sue and get a payout from taxpayer money. We have seen this over and over.
The cop was more than just rude he was negligent.

The cop was more than just rude he was negligent.
How? The child wasnt in danger from what we see on the video and theres a good chance the cop may have believed the accusation was false since it would appear he had a bias against the woman from the moment he showed up. Therefore how was he intentionally acting in negligence?

I think you have too much faith in the police and the job theyre supposed to uphold and thats why you respect them so much. When you realize how low the threshold of negligence is you may start going otherside of that opinion much like i did.

Its great to see youre greiving there bud. I will never understand the dishonesty behind lazy overpaid government workers who think their life is so hard. Probably some kind of sociopathic symptom that desires garnering undue sympathy from people who dont know any better like @rocketskates. Its then those such people who insist its absolutely necessary to pay you these inflated wages.

And that's all a fireman can say when it comes to salary.

I respect your work just like I respect my friend but in no way can you justify that paycheck.

My buddy did the same work as a paramedic for $15 an hour. IMO firemen should earn 70k total including overtime. That's a fair salary for what you guys do.

And the same pension as USPS.

Your minds are already made up. So yeah, all I can say is you're salty. Because in my experience, the folks crying the most about what I do and earn, are folks stuck in dead end or niche jobs making less, but wanting more. I don't hold a monopoly on this occupation. If this is such a gravy train, take the test and hop on board.

You're right Ban, I'm not grieving. You don't last in emergency services if you break down every time someone dies. But don't think I didn't reflect on the fact that this Christmas morning, my kids still have a living father, while the kid from yesterday doesn't, and how shitty his Christmas must be today. It fucking sucks.

Oh yeah, Data, not sure where your buddy works, but the commercial medics I know are making $20+ an hour with as much OT as they want. Hell, before I stopped commercial EMT work I was making $17 per hour just doing transports and BLS. Your buddy is getting screwed.

PS- I'm also grateful this morning that two coworkers are watching their kids open presents this morning with just minor burns, instead of in a hospital burn unit or you know........dead.

Your minds are already made up. So yeah, all I can say is you're salty. Because in my experience, the folks crying the most about what I do and earn, are folks stuck in dead end or niche jobs making less, but wanting more. I don't hold a monopoly on this occupation. If this is such a gravy train, take the test and hop on board.

You're right Ban, I'm not grieving. You don't last in emergency services if you break down every time someone dies. But don't think I didn't reflect on the fact that this Christmas morning, my kids still have a living father, while the kid from yesterday doesn't, and how shitty his Christmas must be today. It fucking sucks.

Oh yeah, Data, not sure where your buddy works, but the commercial medics I know are making $20+ an hour with as much OT as they want. Hell, before I stopped commercial EMT work I was making $17 per hour just doing transports and BLS. Your buddy is getting screwed.

PS- I'm also grateful this morning that two coworkers are watching their kids open presents this morning with just minor burns, instead of in a hospital burn unit or you know........dead.
Merry Christmas man. I disagree with you. The job you do is noble and difficult (at times) but you are grossly overpaid.

You can't make this about other people or how happy they are.

If firefighters were outside the system (not government) I would say more power to you. But you guys are paid with taxpayer money.

IMO there needs to be a better balance of taxpayer money. For instance USPS get zero taxpayer money and are basically supported by stamps sales. That's not fair to them. Their pensions are also about 2k above average SS. They get about 14k a year.

My Firefighter buddy told me he'll walk with 270k per year in pention. Even 50k is too much.

If USPS got to walk with 35k and firefighters with 43k I'd be fine with that for the record.

I think the only one salty here is you. You seem to go off on a simple observation that your proffession is overpaid. I dont think even the bootlickers will disagree.

The only reason firefighters are first responders to accidents is because they seldom fight fires and there was no other way to justify paying you anything near what a cop makes when youre hardly doing anything. The average house these days burns down before the fire dept even gets there. Its lucky if they can even stop a neighbouring house to the one on fire from burning down but thats about it. Over paid. I get what you do is a valuable service but even cops work more than you and you should not be making even the same salary as they do let alone more.

Last edited:
Back