Media Conor NOT Being on UFC 300, What can be the main event?

Leon said he is defending at UFC 300, so strong possibility...but Leon-Belal is not exactly a milestone-worthy headliner in the eyes of most fans.

They should move O'Malley-Chito to 300 as co-main in that case...if they are not going to have a 'blockbuster' main event, then at least having a series of great fights on the main card would be fine (IMHO - many may disagree and feel it needs to be more special).

Nate-Poirier could be another option.
There is a big chance of either a WSW, or WFLW title fight being on this card. Possibly both. An outside chance of a MW title fight. Islam is pushing for 299. They may hold off on O’Malley/Chito at 299, and move it to 300.

That’s at least 3 title fights, and actually 4 that could be available for 300. But Edwards vs Belal really would be anticlimactic as a ME.

But only 3 title fights take precedence over a WW title fight. That’s obviously MW, LHW, and HW title fights. And at least right now. It doesn’t look like there will be any of those on 300. That’s a pretty quick turnaround for Strickland/Dricus (but possible). Alex seems to be sitting out until Hill is ready. And both HW champs are probably sitting out, too.

(125) Pantoja should be available. (145) Alex V. is defending at 298. (135) O’Malley/Chito scheduled for 299. (155) Makhachev pushing for 299. (WW) Edwards vs Belal at 300. (MW) A quick but not impossible turnaround from 297 for Strickland/Dricus. (LHW) Alex apparently waiting for Hill (Hill might be healed enough.. but I’m not holding my breath). (HW) A fucking shitshow with neither champ fighting at 300.

(WBW) Vacant title fight at 297. I’d be very surprised if the winner turns around for 300. (WFLW) A possible trilogy fight with Shevchenko at 300. And outside chance of a superfight vs Weili. Erin/Manon are available to fight Alexa/Shevchenko at 300. Which is exponentially better than an instant trilogy. (WSW) I’ve been pretty sure for months Weili fights at 300. Yan, or Tatiana are the most likely opponents. Yan should be next. And there’s the superfight possibility with Alexa.

Those are the most likely title fights for UFC 300.

I'm thinking its gonna be Jones in the main event. The injury and surgery was quite a while ago, he has been quiet since.

I have a crazy theory for what the main event will be for 300.
It will be the introduction of the new 165lb division with the new title up for grabs with GSP vs Khabib. It will be a one and done title with neither committed to defending it but literally just for hype to open a new division with either GSP being the first fighter ever to win 3 titles or Khabib winning his second and a chance to finally have his dream GSP fight.
Afterwards the title will be vacant. Leon will defend against Belal and Islam will defend against Gaethje on the same card and if both win they will have Leon and Islam fight for the new vacant 165 pound title next.

Remember where u heard it first.

I'm guessing we're going to get Grasso vs Zhang. Sounds like probably Leon vs Bilal as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pereira and/or Aspinal but not against each other. Probably a wild card like Nate Diaz. It will be a good card, just not exceptional.

UFC 200 had Tate v Nunes as main event, I think you guys are overselling the need for a massive main event. I could see Pereira v Hill.

CM Punk would be a better fight than Conor right now..... Let's be serious he is just a mouthpiece at this stage

This will probably be Leon vs Belal and Grasso vs Zhang as a co main.
Then they will have a card full of fun fights with fan favorites like Izzy, Khamzat, Dustin, Max, Oliveira, maybe Nate, some shit like Derrick Lewis vs Jairzinho, guys like Bo Nickal or BSD who are on fire.
This wont be UFC 300: Leon vs Belal but UFC 300 star wars or some.

Back