Media Jon Jones declined UFC 300 main event

He declined UFC 300 to get drunk and heckle comedians.

Reactions: HHJ
It makes sense he'd decline to fight on 300. What doesn't make sense is why he would reveal he turned it down. Jon? lol

Whatever the UFC had planned as the main event obviously fell apart (probably involving Izzy), and now they're grasping at straws. I'm guessing their backup plan also fell apart (possibly Conor). They hyped up 300 so much that they're now scrambling to meet the expectations they set.

Either way, the card is abolutely loaded. It's just missing a worthy headliner.

Pico runs, picks up and slams rugby players, but he's still who TF he is.​
He just got two surgeries. He already stated his return was for the summer. It's pretty much is his retirement fight. Nobody else is getting shit and they aren't even injured?

Come on. You call that running? Did he really pick up and slam the rugby player? Rewatch it again. It's on a crash pad and the dude fed him that tackle. The more impressive thing was him kicking the football.

Believable for once.

What this also tells us is that they still don't even have a main event. Might be stuck with Leon vs Belal and everyone will be disappointed.

Jon Jones was offered the UFC 300 main event but turned it down. Jon Jones career is a career filled with missed opportunities. First MMA fighter with endorsements with Nike and Gatorade which he lost due to his behavior outside the cage. Missed UFC 200 main event due to PED use. Now turns down the most hyped card ever.

(Swipe left for video)

He had a pretty serious injury training for Stipe, or did you forget that?

I would believe what he says, except he said it.

Dana and Jon are two peas in a pod.

Quite the coincidence that the UFC got rid of USADA for the beginning of 2024 and he suddenly got “injured” for his title fight at the end of 2023. Currently he’s out in Australia like nothing happened.

Then whats the issue? We get a juiced up Jones later in the year Pride style.

maxresdefault.jpg

Must not have liked the purposed opposition

Nah, I think Dana got desperate, reached out for Jon Jones to bail them out and he rightfully decided he wasn't ready after surgery.
Can't fault him on this one.
exactly! 100% correct and end of conversation

It’s also sad that Jon is focused on facing a 48 year old past his prime Stipe who is inactive and coming off a brutal KO loss.

That past his prime Stipe's still better on paper than any current HW on the roster. Stipe's proven, and I'll take proven over HW's who are only ranked because there's nobody in the division worth a shit anymore. Unless the UFC finds and signs a magical number of new HW prospects, Tom has 1 more fight, Cyril, after that he's gonna be fighting who exactly? And Gane was dispatched in like 120 seconds.

Stipe would beat Tom at this point, 40 years old or not.

Jones just had surgery and said he doesn't believe he'll be available to return by UFC 300... which makes absolute sense. Probably Mid-Year before he can even spar again.

Stop hating, TS
So Stipe will be 50 by the time they fight. Their fight gets more meaningless with each passing day.

I mean, I hate Jones,but why the fuck would he fight on this card? He's injured,for one,and two he's trying to retire on the stipe fight.

There is literally no reason for him to be on this card,or to fight anyone other than Stipe.

Not easy to prepare for a huge main event when you have other important things to do, like performing sacred rituals and administering religious rites, performing sacraments, baptizing people and bringing them closer to God
1707753317295.png

Back