Media Jon Jones declined UFC 300 main event

That past his prime Stipe's still better on paper than any current HW on the roster. Stipe's proven, and I'll take proven over HW's who are only ranked because there's nobody in the division worth a shit anymore. Unless the UFC finds and signs a magical number of new HW prospects, Tom has 1 more fight, Cyril, after that he's gonna be fighting who exactly? And Gane was dispatched in like 120 seconds.

Stipe would beat Tom at this point, 40 years old or not.

Wrong. 48 year old past his prime Stipe who’s been inactive for years coming off a brutal KO loss is not a more meaningful win than a unification fight with the interim heavyweight champion.

Quite the coincidence that the UFC got rid of USADA for the beginning of 2024 and he suddenly got “injured” for his title fight at the end of 2023. Currently he’s out in Australia like nothing happened.
img_1025.jpg

“HE’S INJURED!!!”

He doesnt looks so injured nor physically compromised in this tweet, maybe his ego is bruised and his confidence is weak 😅

He's coming off an injury and probably hasn't been training. Giving him shit for turning down the main event while he is means you're probably compromised mentally.

I mean it wouldn’t be the first time Jon has ruined an event. Mentally compromised.. seriously?

I'm no Jones fan and I support most all criticism of him. With this though if he not ready and will not be able to be ready for April then I can't slam him. UFC is digging to the earth's core searching for a main event for 300 and it's looking like they going to have to settle for something far more underwhelming than they wanted.

Back