Colton smith "this is easy"

have you ever thought about why he is doing that? Could it be that he is tired of veterans being treated like they are, and he is being given the opportunity to speak his mind and he is speaking out about something that is important to him.
Personally, if a guy gets in the cage and puts his body and safety on the line to entertain fans, then he has earned the right to talk about what he wants to.

Best response to this...

Originally Posted by The DanaWhite
"No shit. The point everyone is making is he fuckin brings it up everytime he speaks a sentence."

Veterans being treated like they are?? My fellow veterans and I are treated pretty good in my view. People always come up to us to shake our hands and thank us which is good enough for me. I've seen Coltons type and those are the veterans that annoy the hell of people and make the rest of us veterans look obnoxious.

One of my biggest issues is that veterans have a higher unemployment and homeless rate than the US average. Many politicians have their salaries for life. How can a country built on Freedom allow the people who protected that freedom to be homeless and hungry.

I'm in the military and let me tell you something, the Army IS easy. The Army is the branch that takes all the retards who can't score high enough on their ASVAB to get into the Air Force, Navy and Marines. The Army is also the only branch that takes convicted felons. I was on a police transition team in Baghdad with the Army 2nd Infantry and those guys are the biggest group of retards I've worked with in my nearly 10 year military career.

Best response to this...

Originally Posted by The DanaWhite
"No shit. The point everyone is making is he fuckin brings it up everytime he speaks a sentence."

so, he goes in there and fights to entertain people, so if its important enough to him to keep talking about it, then deal with it. He's earned the right.
If somebody wants to talk about anti-military propaganda after their fight, you won't hear me complain about it. They've earned that right. So whether its thanking your family, team mates, sponsors, praising Jesus, or talking about the sacrifice or our military personnel, they've earned that right.

If you want to be able to get on International TV to be able to get in front of people and talk about your passions, do something to get on TV.

One of my biggest issues is that veterans have a higher unemployment and homeless rate than the US average. Many politicians have their salaries for life. How can a country built on Freedom allow the people who protected that freedom to be homeless and hungry.

There are a simple set of solutions to that either stay in the military where you are guaranteed a paycheck every two weeks or instead of wasting money on beer, strippers and cigs all the time which I have seen many do they should have saved some of the money they earned for when they are discharged. Better yet, they should either take advantage of their GI Bill and go to school for free after they get discharged or go to school during the off time while in service cause it's pretty much a 9 to five job when you are not deployed or in the field training. It is possible I've seen it first hand myself but I don't think veterans are lefted out high and dry.

Cant stand the guy. Dont like his "fighting" style and dont like his personality.

It is one of the most annoying post fight speeches ever and he does it every single time.
Also he`s making a career out of boredom and cheap shots. I`m not sure the US Army should be so proud.

I can't wait for him to fight a contender and get knocked out and hopefully the first thing that person says in his post fight interview is "this is so easy" .

I made the mistake of searching your posts to see if you'd refined your position in the face of the many comments that were aimed at straightening you out. Alas, they had no effect. You are a Grade-A Certified idiot.

Please, mods, I beg of you: ban this guy for abject stupidity.

Don't be retarded, post the real context of his quote. He says COMPARED TO FIGHTING IN A WAR, it is easy. Which it is.

There are a simple set of solutions to that either stay in the military where you are guaranteed a paycheck every two weeks or instead of wasting money on beer, strippers and cigs all the time which I have seen many do they should have saved some of the money they earned for when they are discharged. Better yet, they should either take advantage of their GI Bill and go to school for free after they get discharged or go to school during the off time while in service cause it's pretty much a 9 to five job when you are not deployed or in the field training. It is possible I've seen it first hand myself but I don't think veterans are lefted out high and dry.

not sure what type of job was 9-5. More like 24 duty every other day or every 3rd day, and then 9-5 on the weekdays you don't have duty.

GI Bill pays out what $1,000/month for 12 months. Not sure what school you are going to go to for free off of the GI bill.

edit, no point talking politics.
meant no disrespect to soldiers

Last edited:
Not a fan of his at all after his cheap shit he pulled in his fight to get in the house. With that said TS you are an idiot. You neglected to quote his full statement which had said something like "this is easy, compared to what soldiers do overseas"... and I am absolutely sure that is true...

so, he goes in there and fights to entertain people, so if its important enough to him to keep talking about it, then deal with it. He's earned the right.
If somebody wants to talk about anti-military propaganda after their fight, you won't hear me complain about it. They've earned that right. So whether its thanking your family, team mates, sponsors, praising Jesus, or talking about the sacrifice or our military personnel, they've earned that right.

If you want to be able to get on International TV to be able to get in front of people and talk about your passions, do something to get on TV.

i guess thats a good point.

not sure what type of job was 9-5. More like 24 duty every other day or every 3rd day, and then 9-5 on the weekdays you don't have duty.

GI Bill pays out what $1,000/month for 12 months. Not sure what school you are going to go to for free off of the GI bill.

24 hour duty that you are scheduled once every 2 months and weekends off and with a honorable discharge they cover way more than 1,000 a month and they pay your rent for 36 months. I don't know where you get your info from but I get mine from actually being there.

Personally, if a guy gets in the cage and puts his body and safety on the line to entertain fans, then he has earned the right to talk about what he wants to.
Lets not forget that he gets paid to do it, or do you honestly think he would do it for free?

Lets not forget that he gets paid to do it, or do you honestly think he would do it for free?

Yeah, well get in a fist fight for money and everyone's entertainment, and you have STILL earned the right to talk about whatever you want to for a minute or two. It's not like it is some 3 hour speech.

So you think fighting with tons of rules inside a cage with a ref standing a couple feet away in case you get too hurt is harder then having people shoot at you with AK-47s, snipers, roadside bombs, ect.

In real combat there is no such things as rounds to get a rest or a ref to stop the fight if you get too injured. In combat when you fight most times it is life or death. There is no 5 minute breather if someone gets their groin hit or anything like that.

24 hour duty that you are scheduled once every 2 months and weekends off and with a honorable discharge they cover way more than 1,000 a month and they pay your rent for 36 months. I don't know where you get your info from but I get mine from actually being there.

I got my information from being a vet.
My GI bill was 800/month and they didn't pay my rent for 36 months.
Not sure what type of duty you guys did, but we did port/starboard duty sections or 3 man duty sections depending whether or not we were in port long enough to shut the reactors down.

Can we lock this thread already? If I wanted to discuss politics, this is the absolute last forum I'd go to.

I wonder how good some of the other guys in his unit are in there are at least 20 people as good or better than him.

Back