Colton smith "this is easy"

New Topic:
How effective is the Can Opener and how is it properly used?

Besides winning the TUF finale has a winner ever gone on not to win another fight in the UFC after that? I have that feeling about this guy.

I got my information from being a vet.
My GI bill was 800/month and they didn't pay my rent for 36 months.
Not sure what type of duty you guys did, but we did port/starboard duty sections or 3 man duty sections depending whether or not we were in port long enough to shut the reactors down.

So you were in the Navy I assume? Well you must of got the short end of the stick or didn't get an honorable discharge but that's just an assumption cause I don't know you on a personal basis but the GI Bill is way more than that and they do pay 36 months worth of rent based on students zip code. I'm done with this topic.

Colton come across as a douche not because of his patriotism but the way he acts. I have nothing against fighers and their patriotism cause I'm a huge Brian Stann fan. anyways10th Marines 2nd Battalion Echo Battery out!!! OHH RAH!!! Sempri Fi!!!!!(Drops the mic and walks away).

So you were in the Navy I assume? Well you must of got the short end of the stick or didn't get an honorable discharge but that's just an assumption cause I don't know you on a personal basis but the GI Bill is way more than that and they do pay 36 months worth of rent based on students zip code. I'm done with this topic.

Colton come across as a douche not because of his patriotism but the way he acts. I have nothing against fighers and their patriotism cause I'm a huge Brian Stann fan. anyways10th Marines 2nd Battalion Echo Battery out!!! OHH RAH!!! Sempri Fi!!!!!(Drops the mic and walks away).

I wouldn't believe ABC, aka Willdawg, if he said he was in the Cub Scouts. He's a known liar and exaggerator.

He meant it is easy compared to his previous job. Which it is.

Depends how you look at it, millions of US males could be in the US Army, only a few thousand will ever be good enough to be skilled enough in MMA to join the UFC. Throughout history tens of billions of Homo sapiens have engaged in warfare.

yes, navy vet, and yes I did my time and had an honorable discharge.
If they are paying 36 months rent for the GI Bill then things have changed in the last 10 years, which doesn't help veterans that got out in the 90's and before that.
Semper Fortis!!!

I see the trolls have made their way into this thread. Ask these guy how many of there troll accounts they have lost in the last couple months.

Ask them why they are so pathetic, they were emailing and calling people I knew, and verified I was telling the truth, but they weren't man enough to come back and admit it.

I refuse to get into arguments with the trolls but doing my public service to verify what should already be apparent to everybody.

Fighting half-naked dudes inside a cage with the Pimp-Master in his traditional alligator suit calling your name = EASY compared to the Military.

Colton is 120% correct.

I can't wait for him to fight a contender and get knocked out and hopefully the first thing that person says in his post fight interview is "this is so easy" .

hey show some respect

the dudes done both (military & mma) & has experience in both...hes entitled to his own opinions on both...if he thinks the military is harder than he thinks its harder relative to mma

unless uve done both, i think u should show the man some respect....he had some tough fights in the house. i had him losing against manley & ricci

manley had a dominant bjj game and ricci is just so well rounded

I think people here are getting a little to sensitive about Mr. Smith's remarks.

He's not trying to denegrate the sport. He's trying to get you to support the troops and relate to the hell they go through on an hourly basis.

Sure it sounds obnoxious, especially the 19th time. But he's right. His time in the cage will come soon enough.

dudes grappling is sick. hes gonna be tough to beat.

we really need for GSPonab to shoop his awsome face

I think this is exactly what the UFC was missing, one more Mr. Army guy. Perhaps they should put him, Stann and Kennedy for commentary for life so we can hopefully have an eternal US army circle jerk.

of course being a soldier is harder I get that but he brings it up everyone he speaks.

He is a ranger and I get what he is saying but I think its a little disrespectful to other mma fighters

THIS ^
I just replied on another post about Colton Smith, him saying this in the TUF was ok, now that hes in the UFC, it is a bit disrespectful to a lot of great fighters who train hard and fight for a living. For him, this is like a part time hobby job.
Can't wait for him to face a normal sized WW who has TDD... lets see how easy it is for him.

Any job that puts your life at immediate risk is hard.

yes, navy vet, and yes I did my time and had an honorable discharge.
If they are paying 36 months rent for the GI Bill then things have changed in the last 10 years, which doesn't help veterans that got out in the 90's and before that.
Semper Fortis!!!

Yeah it's changed then. State tuition is paid directly to the school. You receive BAH as an E-5 with a dependent. Rate varies by zip code of academic institution. It's for 36 months, and available for 15 years after your term is up. That's the basics of the post 9/11 GI bill. Like anything involving the gubment, there's many other rules,exceptions etc.

THIS ^
I just replied on another post about Colton Smith, him saying this in the TUF was ok, now that hes in the UFC, it is a bit disrespectful to a lot of great fighters who train hard and fight for a living. For him, this is like a part time hobby job.
Can't wait for him to face a normal sized WW who has TDD... lets see how easy it is for him.

Exactly. Everyone is acting like I think fighting is harder. Im just saying he fucking says that line like everyone he speaks.

Back