Media Cedric Doumbe claims to be "the face of MMA" in France over BSD / Gane

I texted my sister-in-law who has lived in France for 20 years now. I sent her a list of names of French MMA fighters/combat sport athletes (non-Judo) and asked her which she knew and which her family knew.

The only one was Gane.

Take that for what it's worth (not much).

He is 10000x bigger than Gane/BSD in France, he just had a mcgregor tier walk out

he had an impressive walk out for sure, great crowd reaction.

Actually, the French fans always sound excited and lively. Maybe it's all the pent up demand from years without sanctioned MMA, but I'm loving these cheers and reactions from the French crowd.

BSD better win saturday, to save la France...
1709849636-orteiled.jpg

Still chuckling at the fact that people think a kickboxer is going to stand a chance against Europe's top MMMA prospect.

why didn't he dispose of him in the first round right away?

how the fuck does Europe's top MMA prospect not mop the floor with a kickboxer?

Gotta say Doumbe had pretty good scrambles and bottom sweeps. Thought he would get owned rather easily by anyone whos last name sounds like Nurmamamemov

lol get fucked cedrix

I've heard of a glass jaw before, but a glass toe?

This shit's ridic!

why didn't he dispose of him in the first round right away?

how the fuck does Europe's top MMA prospect not mop the floor with a kickboxer?

A nervous and tentative Baki still managed a 10-8 in the first and in some eyes took the second round.

Cédric was 40, 45 seconds at most away from defeat before Marc stepped in.

A nervous and tentative Baki still managed a 10-8 in the first and in some eyes took the second round.

There was no 10-8 at all. Come on let's stay grounded in reality. Bali clearly won the first round 10-9 no discussion but it stops there.

Doumbe is a kickboxer with unknown defensive grappling until yesterday. He did very well defending takedowns, getting up when he got taken down, and not letting Baki advance position much.

Baki didn't threaten with a submission at any point and I can't remember any really damaging ground and pound. He just controlled doumbe.

Then the more the fight went on the more doumbe was able to stuff the takedowns or get back up quicker.

Honestly in a 5 round fight I think Doumbe would have won without a doubt. In a 3 rounder it was still up in the air. Sadly we'll never know.

Come on ... a 10-8 for a couple of TDs, virtually no damage, no subs attempt and very little actual established top control?
10-9, 9-10, and the third round was all Doumbe before the stoppage (but still very open).

It was a very good and competitive fight, with excellent performances on both sides, no need to downplay either of them, only stupid fanboys do that.

Particularly impressed with Baki's mental discipline and maturity. Great skills, great athletic abilities, great mental, he has a bright future.

Doumbe performed as I was expecting, solid ground game, great sprawls, agile, elite boxing and smart approach. He tested Baki's reaction to kicks in the 1st round and got taken down twice, but seemed confident in his ability to get up and adjusted well (but lost a round in the process).

As the fight was going, I think Doumbe was going to win, likely by decision since Baki was not leaving any opening to commit on power punches. Still very open 3rd round, any tiny mistake from Doumbe could have lost him the round and the fight.

Last edited:
Back