The first round of Poirier BSD reminded me Khabib domination

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Complete pressure, agression, domination in wrestling clinch and stuff from BSD

Too bad BSD was sick i'm sure he would be able (maybe) to finish Doostin in the first or second round if he was able to keep the pace

I hope his chin is not deteriorated already, because this guy can be the next khabib, minus the perfect resume

BSD is basicaly khabib but who like to bang, which cost him the L last night

Discuss

Last edited:
Multiple ways to look at this fight, and this is a weird take as there are several counters. First, it's a classic case of a veteran vs. up and comer with the veteran being more savvy. Poirier is certainly not easy to finish on the ground and stayed very fresh himself. Another is that Poirier was giving him the takedowns with the guillotine attempts. Once he stopped that, BSD seemed lost. Lastly, Poirier dropping a round and coming back is not new. Look at Rd 2 Chandler/Poirier followed by Rd 3. It's a big mistake trying to finish Poirier on the ground quickly and dumping gas. You'll likely be in for some scrambles and a high pace.

I mean, he’s basically Khabib but who like to bang
Without the chin. Not a good combo...

you better take that back, bro.
giphy.gif

Lol get over it already, this is like the third thread you open on the same topic. BSD lost cause Poirier is better and he is just still not in a position to hang with the elite.

Last edited:
lol not even close, prime poirier said khabib was like nothing he’s ever faced before and the most technical grappler he’s ever felt. The same washed up Poirier said BSD was strong in the clinch but that’s it, he had no power in his hands and was very loose and non technical in his grappling.

If Poirier didn’t jump gilly after every takedown attempt he wouldve even won the first round

Complete pressure, agression, domination in wrestling clinch and stuff from BSD

Too bad BSD was sick i'm sure he would be able (maybe) to finish Doostin in the first or second round if he was able to keep the pace

I hope his chin is not deteriorated already, because this guy can be the next khabib, minus the perfect resume

BSD is basicaly khabib but who like to bang, which cost him the L last night

Discuss
Kabib was more methodical and measured, dominating with technique.

BSD looked more like Rojas Jr. or Phil Baroni. He was doing well 90% based on aggression and athleticism, not technique.b

Back