The first round of Poirier BSD reminded me Khabib domination

I think i developped my point a bit farther than that
Really??? all I'm seeing is
Too bad BSD was sick i'm sure he would be able
1710340410407.jpeg
So you're telling me If he hadn't been "SICK" he would have broke bad and been all over the fighter that whooped his ass.....
1710340472656.gif

I think that's probably what he's going for, but falls way short. Khabib's chin and fight IQ were through the roof.

The thing that set Khabib apart from just an aggressive grappler was that he had a great chin, and incredible defense and distance management before you could even find that out. He was very hard to hit cleanly, and then if you got lucky and actually did, you find out it didn't even bother him and it's just demoralizing.

Add to that his ground control and the fact that after his couple ufc fights, you were spending a lot of energy and taking some damage to get back up if you could even do that. BSD has very good grappling and is very aggressive, but doesn't have the chin, defense, fight IQ or ground control.

He even admitted it went over his head.
But nice way to stick your hand into some shit it doesnt belong to.
That's exactly what you are doing with that post

Don't be salty homie

That's exactly what you are doing with that post

Don't be salty homie
Lol, you were the one buddying in on a perfectly unspectacular and friendly exchange that was already done.

You got some issues.

Multiple ways to look at this fight, and this is a weird take as there are several counters. First, it's a classic case of a veteran vs. up and comer with the veteran being more savvy. Poirier is certainly not easy to finish on the ground and stayed very fresh himself. Another is that Poirier was giving him the takedowns with the guillotine attempts. Once he stopped that, BSD seemed lost. Lastly, Poirier dropping a round and coming back is not new. Look at Rd 2 Chandler/Poirier followed by Rd 3. It's a big mistake trying to finish Poirier on the ground quickly and dumping gas. You'll likely be in for some scrambles and a high pace.
After his surgery and being out a year. Dustin dropped rounds 1, and 2 to Hooker. Dustin dug deep, and beat the crap out of Hooker in 3, 4, and 5, though. That was one of Dana’s.. He got transported to the hospital immediately.. Situations.

I was surprised at how many people picked BSD to finish Dustin with strikes. It was such a big jump in competition. Dustin got head kicked against Justin. But when was the last time he lost by KO/TKO? It’s more than just a few years.

He’s only 28. BSD, and his team have some clear things they need to work on. He seems to have a good work ethic. So as long as that whole team realizes what they need to work on. I’m pretty confident he can bounce back.

But Dustin made that fight harder than it had to be.

I can see why the story that's running with this fight is BSD had a lot of aggression and Poirer is really tough. But what I feel is more telling was that poirer fought an awful, awful fight. He pulled guillotine 5 times, yet has no career wins by guillotine, gives up position, and was thoroughly beaten the entire fight. It's laughable that he's being pushed for a title fight after showing nothing but getting worked. Yes, he's tough, yes, BSD may have been weaker due to illness, but doesn't matter to me since I can't prove that stuff. What I can say was that poirer fought like an amateur until he finally landed a hook/combo to end it.

Lol, you were the one buddying in on a perfectly unspectacular and friendly exchange that was already done.

You got some issues.
I'm also surprised TS chose to chime in on this exchange, specifically, the exchange between you and the other poster. Instead of replying to the other dozen posters who mostly disagreed with his original post.

Khabib's style was built around smothering strikers from lower weight class against the cage.

He doesn't have Khabib's chin on his best day. He can become a great lightweight one day, but he's not the next Khabib. Islam is a closer goal.
Well it's also khabib didn't stay in the pocket trying to do what bsd was.. bsd so insistent on going for a ko that never came. It's not just enough to be able to do it,you have to know when and for how long.

Kabib was more methodical and measured, dominating with technique.

BSD looked more like Rojas Jr. or Phil Baroni. He was doing well 90% based on aggression and athleticism, not technique.b
Way more successful than a baroni type , with better grappling and fighting a much higher profile opponent and doing well....just too reckless, trying to rush the finish.

Hopefully, this crushing KO by Dustin will make BSD leaves the "stand and bang tank" mode for a more careful approach. He has the tools to hang with the best of the division, even if his boxing is subpar

Last edited:
Hopefully, this crushing KO by Dustin will make BSD leave the "stand and bang tank" mode for a more careful approach. He has the tools to hang with the best of the division, even if his boxing is subpar
As long as he mixes it right with the TD he will be ok. He got the tools just has to put it together.

It's def a possibility w more experience and the right coaches

Complete pressure, agression, domination in wrestling clinch and stuff from BSD

Too bad BSD was sick i'm sure he would be able (maybe) to finish Doostin in the first or second round if he was able to keep the pace

I hope his chin is not deteriorated already, because this guy can be the next khabib, minus the perfect resume

BSD is basicaly khabib but who like to bang, which cost him the L last night

Discuss
How about 80% Khabib and 20% Kevin Lee?

How about 80% Khabib and 20% Kevin Lee?
I don't think he fights like khabib that much but...if you like khabib, and that grappling aggression mixed w throwing down,you'll like bsd

Terrible comparison.

Those 2 aren't even in the same dimension when it comes to grappling.
BSD was setting a pace that was completely unsustainable, Khabib was much more clinical.

Back