The first round of Poirier BSD reminded me Khabib domination

BSD first round is very overrated in that fight, he never really took him down a lot, it was Poirier who was going for guillotine chokes and he kept dropping to his back because of it to finish the choke.. Poirier had many submission attempts and was therefore much closer to finishing the fight in first round. Poirier also landed some nice flush punches in the first round too.

Way more successful than a baroni type , with better grappling and fighting a much higher profile opponent and doing well....just too reckless, trying to rush the finish.
I agree, way more talented in every aspect. But gassing out to get a finish in 5 minutes is pure Baroni.

BSD first round is very overrated in that fight, he never really took him down a lot, it was Poirier who was going for guillotine chokes and he kept dropping to his back because of it to finish the choke.. Poirier had many submission attempts and was therefore much closer to finishing the fight in first round. Poirier also landed some nice flush punches in the first round too.
He won the round and if he could keep that up for another 20 minutes he wins the fight IMO. But nobody can keep that up for 20 mins. Even guys with massive gas tanks (Colby, Diaz bros) achieve that by limiting how hard they throw and offensive grappling that doesn't result in a TD. And they take some time "off" to economize their energy. BSD fought like it was a one round fight.

Complete pressure, agression, domination in wrestling clinch and stuff from BSD

Too bad BSD was sick i'm sure he would be able (maybe) to finish Doostin in the first or second round if he was able to keep the pace

I hope his chin is not deteriorated already, because this guy can be the next khabib, minus the perfect resume

BSD is basicaly khabib but who like to bang, which cost him the L last night

Discuss
Saint Denis would jump off a bridge if you compared him to khabib, he's got a crusader tattoo and went to the middle east in the army to kill there, also his sponsor are all huge french far right brands.

I think the best scenario for him was a win and then a title fight against islam in paris that shit would've exploded all ticket sale records

I guess I saw a few similarities, but Khabib's grappling is much cleaner than BSD's in my opinion. Some of the punches seemed kind of similar I guess and the pressure was similar as you describe. Let's hope your boy gets some water in him before next fight.

Saint Denis would jump off a bridge if you compared him to khabib, he's got a crusader tattoo and went to the middle east in the army to kill there, also his sponsor are all huge french far right brands.

I think the best scenario for him was a win and then a title fight against islam in paris that shit would've exploded all ticket sale records
They are comparing fight styles, not beliefs or whatever would set him off.

Back