Card poorness rating for UFC 306

Any other venue and this card might get a 6-7/10, maybe.

But, being it's The Sphere, and ticket prices are more insane than usual, it's like a 3-4/10 at best.

Yes Portnoy, I used whole numbers!

But, being it's The Sphere, and ticket prices are more insane than usual, it's like a 3-4/10 at best.
I hear they've had to lower prices due to slow sales. Apropos the thread topic, would ticket sales be better if the card had bigger names and higher stakes match-ups? Did the UFC blow it just by supposing (which Dana has admitted) that the Sphere itself is the star?

I really have interest in 3 fights on this card. This shit should have been stacked from tip to tail considering the venue.

Last three fights are all good, I'm not a big woman's mma fan, but it's a good fight.

I've said it a few times though, I don't know a single fighter on the prelims nor the first two fights on the PPV.

For a card that Dana has hyped up to be a once in a lifetime event, that's ridiculous.

I'm still excited for the card though. For me the main event is a 10/10 fight. Alexa vs Val is a 9/10 wmma fight which is like a 7 out of 10 on a regular grading scale. Lopes vs Ortega is a solid 8 out of 10.

Just start the night and hour into the PPV and it's a solid nearly two hours of entertainment in what is allegedly a spectacle of a venue.

Last edited:
Trash. But trash is the norm now.

UFC history in general? It's a 3/10 PPV card.

ESPN deal, Apex era? It's a 6/10 PPV card.

Bumped up only because the main event is actually a deserving contender, which is extremely rare now.

This card is low key stacked with major acts. Jamiroquai, Ozzy Ozzborne, the Baha Men and Riboflavin. What more do you people want?

Overall it's ok but Ode Osbourne vs Ronaldo Rodriguez has absolutely no business being on the main card of a PPV.
I don't know who the hell they are. I don't know most of them on this card though.

This card is low key stacked with major acts. Jamiroquai, Ozzy Ozzborne, the Baha Men and Riboflavin. What more do you people want?
I dunno who the fuck dont wanna see this shit

Above average. Maybe a little top heavy but all three matches up are solid fights. You guys must have forgot how mediocre some events were over the years

Back