Jane's Addiction cancels all tour dates. After Farrell clashed with Navarro onstage

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
- last weekend, at their Boston concert, lead singer Perry Farrell shoved/pushed/hit lead guitarist Dave Navarro. After things had cooled down, bassist Eric Avery later attacked Farrell, backstage, putting him in a headlock and punching his abdomen several times.

- Accroding to Farrell's wife, the band was playing too loud, drowing out Farrell's vocals.

- Farrell released a statement apologizing to the fans, families and especially Dave. Navarro also released a statement, co-signed by 2 band members, stating Farrell was having mental health issues.

--
Odd that Perry would go after Dave, when the sound volume and quality is the domain of the sound engineer.

Farrell is said to have swigged a bottle or 2 of wine while onstage, and his voice has been sub-par. Age is getting to him, like most everyone else. You can't keep hitting the high notes and stay on tune as you age. Critics says he has some addiction issues also.

Wanted to see them; guess that's never gona happen now.

Last edited:
I had no idea these guys were still (or back) together. They should probably stay broken up. Their style of music and stage show isn't meant to be performed by old men. Just go away, it's not 1990 anymore.

<{Heymansnicker}>

The "berry" is almost as worthless as the war room. I've been here for almost 15 years and had no idea the "jukebox" existed.

Anyway, I'll see myself out and go back to the MMA forums.
Whatever Titties

I had no idea these guys were still (or back) together. They should probably stay broken up. Their style of music and stage show isn't meant to be performed by old men. Just go away, it's not 1990 anymore.
I saw them with Smashing pumpkins a couple years ago and still put on a good show.

I was debating seeing them when they were here a couple weeks back but they wanted $90 for a GA ticket. I paid much less for the show with the Pumpkins.

Back