News UFC 306 Noche UFC at the Sphere Will Have Only 10 Fights

Why this card has to be amazing ?
What's so exceptionnal about this Sphere ?

I thought Max and top were gonna be fighting there

I'm fine removing early prelims from all cards and trimming the roster down.

I'm surprised no official main and co-main announcement, as I believe that means they can't start the actual pre-sale of tickets right? I'm really curious what the cheapest seat will be

card sucks ass, put I love that there are only 10 fights.

I wish every card had only 10 fights, preferably 8, but i'd settle for 10.

I'm underwhelmed by this card so far.

I love how dana said this would be some amazing event or some bullshit but the second they tried to make a card like this themed around mexicans of all things, I knew it would be garbage, like all cards themed around things.

Last edited:
I'm fine removing early prelims from all cards and trimming the roster down.

I'm surprised no official main and co-main announcement, as I believe that means they can't start the actual pre-sale of tickets right? I'm really curious what the cheapest seat will be
I would 100% be on board with trimming the roster if they made dana white's contender series a year round thing.

I would 100% be on board with trimming the roster if they made dana white's contender series a year round thing.
No no no. I want to get rid of contender series as well.

These good but not great fighters that will fight for dirt cheap 12/12 contracts are the problem with the UFC brand right now

Let guys get skills in the minor leagues. Don't bring "minor league" caliber fighters into the UFC. UFC should only be for guys good enough to make 50k/50k type contracts. Then UFC fighter pay isn't an issue, and we don't get regional level fighters on UFC cards every weekend.

Cutting the card down to 10 fights is very amusing since the UFC seem to have gone from a standard 11 up to 12 or 13 or even 14 at times due to the frequency of fights falling through...

... and if production is as individualized and expensive as they're saying, last minute replacements won't be an option for this card or the production won't nearly be as good.

Seems like a naive idea to me.

But it's Dana, bless him, gotta let him learn!

No no no. I want to get rid of contender series as well.

These good but not great fighters that will fight for dirt cheap 12/12 contracts are the problem with the UFC brand right now

Let guys get skills in the minor leagues. Don't bring "minor league" caliber fighters into the UFC. UFC should only be for guys good enough to make 50k/50k type contracts. Then UFC fighter pay isn't an issue, and we don't get regional level fighters on UFC cards every weekend.

I guess from the UFCs perspective, apart from getting a bunch of fighters to fill up their roster so they can push cards out, they also get their claws on many more potential prospects at an early stage instead of their competitors swooping them up instead.

That is an apex fight card line up right now. That is absolute trash for a card that's supposed to be 1 of a kind.

It is, but it's because they pigeonholed themselves with the Mexican Independence Day theme.

The UFC doesn't have a great line up of Mexican fighters. They have some good Mexican heritage fighters, and the prospects are okay, but certainly not showcase fighters.

They definitely booked the Sphere for the wrong occasion. It kinda feels like they regret booking it, TBH.

I don’t understand why you’d only do 10 fights on a card they’re pushing so hard. And not really a strong card so far over halfway done. Need some big fights to fill those last few spots.

Back