Cannonier is 40, literally turned his back and stumbled away…its over.

That could be exactly what happened to Jared. Doesn't have the balance anymore and then Imavov got his range. I think the stoppage was still best thing to do before he gets KO'd down the ground, it would do more damage to him if he receives more.
You have to take into consideration that Jared is 40. He doesn't have time for another title run. This was his last run and should have been allowed to go out on his shield because of it.

His age has nothing to do with the stoppage.
Cannonier just threw a hook half a second before it got stopped and got steady on his feet again.
So he was ok, defending and even attacking.

Romero just beat Thiago Santos at 47

only in YOUR head. He made a legit comment, Conor ran and it's a silly argument for this fight, early stopage.
You guys have spent the last week saying Islam vs Dustin was an exhausting dog fight meanwhile you’re bitching about Conor “running” in a fight he threw more strikes than both of them combined did.

Rent free. Enjoy June 29.

I wouldn't say he's "done", but he'll never win the MW title.

It was a terrible stoppage. Canonier turned his back for a moment to gain a bit of time and distance, which isn’t unusual, then almost immediately turned and faced Imavov again. His age shouldn’t have anything to do with it.

This was not a bad stoppage at all
tumblr_lquy9yfDjz1qj41h3o1_500.jpg

lol there was no glazed eyes and he wasn't hurt much at all. What happened was he got hit on the ear and it made his balance go off, if you get hit on the ear clean it can mess your balance up and it takes a few moments to reset and then it comes back, its not a KO blow at all, its a balance thing and its very well known. Cannonier was nowhere near done, awful stoppage, dreadful, ref freaked out way too soon

Your ear effects your balance, not your legs, its called equilibrium, boxers often try to hit the ear for that reason, but its not a KO blow, it only looks weird if you don't watch fighting much, which is what I'm assuming here

His age has nothing to do with the stoppage.
Cannonier just threw a hook half a second before it got stopped and got steady on his feet again.
So he was ok, defending and even attacking.

Romero just beat Thiago Santos at 47

This is cage fighting and if a fights gonna get stopped like that everytime this sport may aswell not exist.

It was a terrible stoppage. Canonier turned his back for a moment to gain a bit of time and distance, which isn’t unusual, then almost immediately turned and faced Imavov again. His age shouldn’t have anything to do with it.
PREACH AWN, SHERBROS!!! TESTIFY!!! OUT HERE DROPPING TRUTH BOMBS!!! <GinJuice>

Okay, I'll stop now. Still not over it. Besides it's Sunday, what else am I going to get worked up about?

This was not a bad stoppage at all…Cannonier is not going to be the MW champion.

He had his chance, put on a lackluster performance against Izzy and now it’s done.

People hate on Imanov but(despite the clueless commentary from Frazier), Imanov was finding his range and all Cannonier was doing was grabbing and holding him up against the fence(which wins you rounds in the UFC, i guess).

Herzog saw the turning of the back and stumbling, glazed eyes and stopped it. No issues here.
Glazed eyes?

<JagsKiddingMe>

I have glazed eyes all the time and I'm not close to be knocked out.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u1.jpg

Ref did stop it a bit too early but then stopped it perfectly in the Bruno Ferreira fight with similar circumstances. Tough job, Jason Sherdog is a good guy.

He turned his back so he could get away by moving forwards because you can move forwards faster than you can move backwards

Yea it might be over, but atleast let it be definitive. Now the question is it might not be over. And we have to deal with stupid threads like this.

Jared doesn’t seem the back up plan type honestly.

Once he was figured out by guys like Rob and Izzy it was hard for him to gain momentum, aside from rocking Rob late in the 5th it was otherwise a shut out performance by Bobby.
it was three rounds against rob

That's true. Even before being rocked, Cannonier was on his way to be finished sooner or later. He was trying to buy his time with wall and stall.
Exactly…it’s also annoying when fighters like Cannonier nickname themselves as “killa” and then fight the way he does against Izzy and Imanov…

You would think Jared at his age would go for broke to try and win it all…but nope and now he wants to cry about the stoppage??

Back