News Calls intensify for Jones to be stripped, DJ weighs in. Blaydes says Jones is all talk, he and Tom are fighting for the real belt.

Curtis in on the same HW win streak Jon is, and Tom has 1 more win than them at 2.

And Jon's win was higher ranked than all of theirs.

Jon would be ranked ahead of them, belt or no. Stay mad.

I will say this about Pico Jones, he is smarter than the two dumbasses that vacated the LHW belt.

He ain't getting stripped. They need every angle they can get to market this shitburger. It's one thing for the fans to know it's a dual retirement exhibition match, it's another to tell them it is. The propaganda must continue indefinitely.

The UFC is not protecting Jones, They may not want to strip him because of financial measures but they are not protecting him. I can accept that he should be stripped becasue he is injured and has been out but this is nonsense.

They did not give Jones Gane, Gane was the next in line after he lost to Ngannou he was the clear number one at HW. Tom Aspinall had lost to blaydes in a sad outing and was behind Gane, Blaydes, and Sergei. When Jones had pushed for the Stipe fight Tom was nowhere in the picture and Sergei was the fill in for Stipe if Stipe got injured in the jones fight becasue he had beaten Blaydes. Tom had lost to Blaydes and Sergei beat Blaydes and both were behind Sergei who became the top fighter at HW and the fill in for Jones vs Stipe.

Tom was not even worthy of being a backup when Jones fought Gane or even when he agreed to the fight with Stipe. He was behind Sergei and Blaydes. Blaydes awful behind lost to Sergei in Blaydes fashion as he chokes in every fight and has the IQ of a pumpkin.

Now Tom is the interim belt holder because he beat Sergei but the fight with Stipe has already been booked and rebooked. The idea that the UFC gave jones softballs is ridiculous. Had Tom not lost too Blaydes and hurt himself in that ridiculously god awful fight he probably would have more steam. The UFC put another fighter as a fill in rather than Tom which tells you how much they really did not think he was even worth their time.

Just because a fight was booked 2 years ago doesn't mean it has to go ahead if its no longer the best fight out there. Actually there was no reason to rebook the fight when Jones v Stipe had to be postponed because of injury. The moment had passed and the UFC should have just cancelled it like they did with Khabib v Ferguson

I don't think the UFC gave Gane to Jones thinking Jones would easily win, I do think Jones viewed Gane as a favourable matchup stylistically. UFC is surprisingly bad about not knowing bad matchups. There was a story that UFC loves Forrest Griffin, & they gave him the Anderson fight thinking he had a real good shot LOL, I believe this was said by Joe Silva after he left the UFC (I could be wrong, this was long ago)

If UFC knew Jones only has 1 fight left, totally makes sense to make it for Stipe because for sure UFC will make more money than Jones vs Tom. Even if they thought Jones will fight twice, why risk him losing to Tom first, which would sort of derail a potential fight between Jones/Stipe later

There's an interim champion. Unify or vacate.

There needs to be some sort of guidelines for title shots. Guys who are coming off a loss, haven't fought in 3 years and haven't won in 4... Should not be eligible to fight for a belt. There have been So many unwarranted title shots and it's getting annoying. Jones himself never fighting at HW, being retired for 3 years and arguably losing the Reyes fight should not have gotten an immediate shot at HW.

With that said I also think they should have a tournament or something when a champ relinquishes the title. Rather than yk taking a guy coming off a loss where he got out wrestled by a striker and putting him against a LHW who had fought in 3 years and having that be the fight for the belt just makes 0 sense to me. Makes a bit more sense than the Stipe fight tho lol.

Lance Armstrong.
That's not gonna happen.

His fans who dont care about roids dont care what they do to Jones. He beat DC on roids and everyone knows he was on roids and they dont care.

They saw him win and thats that for them. They dont like their perception questioned.

That's not gonna happen.

His fans who dont care about roids dont care what they do to Jones. He beat DC on roids and everyone knows he was on roids and they dont care.

They saw him win and thats that for them. They dont like their perception questioned.

Which sucks ass.

Reactions: HHJ
Which sucks ass.
Agreed.

Also Prize fighting will always be different from other sports. Tyson biting a dude's ear off.... and they just let him come back and fight again lmao

Jones is going to fight Fedor after the Stipe fight.

• Eek
Jones would obliterate Blaydes but the Aspinal fight is super interesting. Tom's hands and speed is something else for a heavyweight.

There needs to be some sort of guidelines for title shots. Guys who are coming off a loss, haven't fought in 3 years and haven't won in 4... Should not be eligible to fight for a belt. There have been So many unwarranted title shots and it's getting annoying. Jones himself never fighting at HW, being retired for 3 years and arguably losing the Reyes fight should not have gotten an immediate shot at HW.

With that said I also think they should have a tournament or something when a champ relinquishes the title. Rather than yk taking a guy coming off a loss where he got out wrestled by a striker and putting him against a LHW who had fought in 3 years and having that be the fight for the belt just makes 0 sense to me. Makes a bit more sense than the Stipe fight tho lol.
Makes too much sense, would never happen

I don't think the UFC gave Gane to Jones thinking Jones would easily win, I do think Jones viewed Gane as a favourable matchup stylistically. UFC is surprisingly bad about not knowing bad matchups. There was a story that UFC loves Forrest Griffin, & they gave him the Anderson fight thinking he had a real good shot LOL, I believe this was said by Joe Silva after he left the UFC (I could be wrong, this was long ago)

If UFC knew Jones only has 1 fight left, totally makes sense to make it for Stipe because for sure UFC will make more money than Jones vs Tom. Even if they thought Jones will fight twice, why risk him losing to Tom first, which would sort of derail a potential fight between Jones/Stipe later
Jon can always fight Stipe. He can fight Stipe 10 times in a row, nobody cares and that's not the issue. The issue is that he's hoarding the belt and holding up the division to do the only fight he thinks he can win.

Jones would obliterate Blaydes but the Aspinal fight is super interesting. Tom's hands and speed is something else for a heavyweight.
The only thing Jon has over Blaydes is fight IQ. Curtis nullifies the wrestling which is Jon's only path to victory in the HW division and he comes forward and hits harder. Blaydes is a bad fight for Jon but I could see him outsmarting him in some way

Back