News Calls intensify for Jones to be stripped, DJ weighs in. Blaydes says Jones is all talk, he and Tom are fighting for the real belt.

Captain Herb

10000 Likes
@Silver
Reaction score
DJ now calling for Jones to be stripped:

"So for me, I want to see Jon fight Stipe because I feel like those are two old guards and then you have this new generation and Jon Jones just came out recently and said 'I think I'm gonna fight Stipe Miocic', like Stipe Miocic is a household name. We don't know where Tom's going to be in two to three or four years right but I guarantee in two to three to four years, we are gonna remember Stipe Miocic and I think Jon Jones is doing that.

"They could say 'Jon Jones we're going to strip you of the belt or you could vacate it and we'll let Tom Aspinall and somebody else fight for the heavyweight championship and Jon Jones and Stipe can fight for the baddest heavyweight m*********** in the world'. Who knows, but I don't think they have to hold down the division for that fight."

Curtis Blaydes says Jones is all talk, won't fight except for Stipe, he and Tom are fighting for "Real belt":

“If I win or if Aspinall wins, I don’t think Jon’s going to fight anyone outside of Stipe,” Blaydes told MMA Junkie on Friday. “After Stipe, he walks away into the sunset. I think he likes to toss out different scenarios like, ‘What if I fought Alex Pereira? What if I fought Aspinall? What if I fought Blaydes?’ He wants people to talk about him, which I get. The more you get talked about the better your following grows and it helps your sponsors. I get it. He’s skilled at it. He’s been on the internet for as long as I’ve had Facebook and Instagram, he’s always been a presence. He knows what he’s doing. But do I honestly believe he would risk his legacy against a guy like me? No.

“That’s how I’m viewing it (as an undisputed title fight),” Blaydes said. “That’s how I’m approaching it. When I told my family, my brothers, my dad, my sister, ‘I’m fighting for a belt.’ I didn’t say interim belt. I said a belt. Honestly, a majority of casual fans, they don’t know the difference. I’m sure a lot of them are probably perplexed like, ‘How does Aspinall have a belt and Jon have a belt?’ They probably don’t understand the concept of interim vs. undisputed, and they don’t care. All they see is a shiny belt and you holding it in a UFC octagon. That’s all they need. So to me, it is the real belt.”

Jones beat the #1 HW, then got injured, stripping feels early, considering its not that long ago he was supposed to defend, the UFC wants the fight, we dont really know if he will or will not fight the IC, thats another paper belt anyway.

Last edited:
Jones beat the #1 HW, then got injured, what happens that is not known, even if Jones fighting the IC is highly unlikely, stripping feels early, considering its not that long ago he was supposed to defend.

Jones beat the guy who lost to the #1 HW, who beat Tuivasa for the "belt". By the time he fights again, the "interim" belt will have been defended, and it will have been almost 2 years since Jones last fought. Hell, the winner of Blaydes vs Aspinall could be ready to fight again before Jones vs Stipe takes place. Jones is a paper champion at HW.

I hope something happens to delay this fight even again, just to embarrass the UFC even more than they have been already with this fight. Even better if it's Jones being an idiot for the 47th time.

Jones made it pretty clear he doesn't want to fight the winner between Curtis/Aspinall.

UFC and Jones don't need the belt to sell the fight. It doesn't make the fight more glorious with the belt.

Where were all these cries for Francis to get stripped when he was out for 10 months before he fought again?

If fighters actually wanted Jon to get stripped, they'd form a union and would wrestle away some of the promotion's control over titles and title fights as part of a collective bargaining agreement. They don't though. All they do is get on the mic after a win and go "aYyY DanA fIFtY GS bAbY"

Tom Jones is the fight to make
Too bad JoNes has been a part time fighter for almost the last decade

doNRfv.gif

The UFC is just giving Jones softballs at HW like No ground game 1-1 Gane and now old Stipe coming off a KO loss as it seems they don't believe he can beat the top contenders like Tom or Blaydes

Shame that the UFC seems to be protecting Jones from the top contenders at HW like Tom & Blaydes

They need to have more faith that Jones could beat Tom or Blaydes, they shouldn't be protecting him, Jones is capable of beating those top contenders but it is strange the UFC doesn't think so

Jones is certainly the LHW GOAT but his run at HW is just a farce

Last edited:
The UFC is just giving Jones softballs at HW like No ground game 1-1 Gane and now old Stipe coming off a KO loss as it seems they don't believe he can beat the top contenders like Tom or Blaydes

Shame that the UFC seems to be protecting Jones from the top contenders at HW like Tom & Blaydes

They need to have more faith that Jones could beat Tom, they shouldn't be protecting him, Jones is capable of beating those top contenders but it is strange the UFC doesn't think so

Jones is certainly the LHW GOAT but is run at HW is just a farce
The UFC is not protecting Jones, They may not want to strip him because of financial measures but they are not protecting him. I can accept that he should be stripped becasue he is injured and has been out but this is nonsense.

They did not give Jones Gane, Gane was the next in line after he lost to Ngannou he was the clear number one at HW. Tom Aspinall had lost to blaydes in a sad outing and was behind Gane, Blaydes, and Sergei. When Jones had pushed for the Stipe fight Tom was nowhere in the picture and Sergei was the fill in for Stipe if Stipe got injured in the jones fight becasue he had beaten Blaydes. Tom had lost to Blaydes and Sergei beat Blaydes and both were behind Sergei who became the top fighter at HW and the fill in for Jones vs Stipe.

Tom was not even worthy of being a backup when Jones fought Gane or even when he agreed to the fight with Stipe. He was behind Sergei and Blaydes. Blaydes awful behind lost to Sergei in Blaydes fashion as he chokes in every fight and has the IQ of a pumpkin.

Now Tom is the interim belt holder because he beat Sergei but the fight with Stipe has already been booked and rebooked. The idea that the UFC gave jones softballs is ridiculous. Had Tom not lost too Blaydes and hurt himself in that ridiculously god awful fight he probably would have more steam. The UFC put another fighter as a fill in rather than Tom which tells you how much they really did not think he was even worth their time.

Jones strength of schedule and cherry pickinh leave a lot to be desired for whom some claim to be the goat

Shouldn't a "2004 account" be aware that Jones is undefeated across 16 straight title fights (at two weight classes) and fought everyone available in LHW during his decade of dominance? The only contemporary LHW Jones "should" have fought and didn't was Rumble, and that's because Cormier happened to be the champ both times Rumble was in a position to go after the title.

Jones beat the #1 HW, then got injured, what happens that is not known, even if Jones fighting the IC is highly unlikely, stripping feels early, considering its not that long ago he was supposed to defend.
March 4th 2023 is the last time he fought, and he won't fight again until November.
That's a hell of a long time when you think about it.

It's already been a year, and his injury wasn't nearly as bad as they made it out to be.
I say this because he was friggin tackling rugby players like 2 months later.
Had he "torn his pectoral muscle off the bone", he certainly wouldn't have been tackling anyone 2 months later.

No hate just my observation sir.

Last edited:
Why would the UFC strip him? They want the Stipe fight so that in the event Jones wins, they will always be able to say the UFC was home to the greatest MMA fighter ever.

Back