News BREAKING: Jose Aldo unretires; Will face Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301 in Rio

This is Aldo after all. Can never count him out. Also still a young guy.

They realized 301 lacked any actual Brazilian stars and they gotta sell tickets. Aldo fought outside the UFC once retiring so it has to be a new contract no?

I read that Aldo has fought 3 boxing matches/exhibitions since he retired.

I would say Aldo never retired

This has the potential of being an epic battle of leg kickers!

Just realised how restrictive it is to still be under contract with the UFC. Best to fight til you’re free

Kind of an odd fight to come back to considering he was on the verge of a title shot going into his last fight. What was the point of his two boxing fights?

Smh is Cruz still fighting? That's the only fight I would actually want to see

UFC desperate after fucking the Brazilian fans by moving Poatan to 300...probably paying Aldo a nice bag and apparently an exemption from the standard 6-month wait period for drug testing?

Not sure what to think about this. I saw his last fight in SLC. It was a hug fest and what you'd expect from Merab.

I'm hoping that he is getting paid well since he is obviously being pushed as the star power for this card. Would have been better to have Alex on this Brazil card and rebook DDP vs Sean for the 300 Main.

He and Alex are the best leg kick checkers in mma. Alex being the best leg kicker as well.

Hopefully his boxing matches have shown him the power of pacing yourself. Aldo's issue has always been putting everything in to his shots and then gassing out. Check leg kicks, work off his jab (which with small gloves and wrapped hands is basically a power shot), throw the odd combo here and then and use his footwork and head movement to frustrate martinez.

OH and Fuck Martinez

WAR ALDO

Back