News BREAKING: Jose Aldo unretires; Will face Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301 in Rio

Skill is sometimes good enough to offset age. He adds depth to the division and objectively in his last 3 wins he beat Chito who just fought for the belt and he lost to Merab who is considered the best BW. It's not like he's on some Tony Ferguson skid he still has some juice left. Speaking of juice Usada is gone too. Also an aside he won his 2 boxing fights and had a draw with Stephens in the other. He hasn't lost since Merab.

He beat Chito way back in 2020. That is ancient history. Even Font was 2021.

Either way, my point is at 37 I would like to see him avoid taking more head trauma. He's collected plenty of damage.

Ideally this is a one-off thing for an unusually large check.

They realized 301 lacked any actual Brazilian stars and they gotta sell tickets. Aldo fought outside the UFC once retiring so it has to be a new contract no?
They probably came to his house with a decent bag of cash to make him take another fight, UFC 301 really needs all the help they could get.

Khamzat is rumoured to have travel issues right now, so it will likely be Costa vs Jarred
Thats to the US only, isnt it?

Khamzat is rumoured to have travel issues right now, so it will likely be Costa vs Jarred

Really doubt it, can't see Costa fighting up the rankings again right after he just lost to Whittaker. Costa vs either Imanov or Hermansson makes more sense.

Says a lot about UFC pay, even Aldo needs to make more money after a few years of retirement

Mixed feelings on this really. He went out on a relative high winning 3 of his last 4 at a good level and dropping a decision to one of the best guys in the division. I am excited to see him back but dont wanna see a BJ level downfall.

Whaaat??! That’s insane!

The King of Rio is back, baby!

<RomeroSalute>

Does this mean he never left the testing pool?

as a huge Aldo supporter i fear that he'll pull a Fedor in the long run...

Aldo fan here but .... Over the hill fighter returns to never compete for a title and never win a meaningful fight. I'm good.

He beat Chito way back in 2020. That is ancient history. Even Font was 2021.

Either way, my point is at 37 I would like to see him avoid taking more head trauma. He's collected plenty of damage.

Ideally this is a one-off thing for an unusually large check.

And you can also throw all the W's Aldo has had of late out the window considering he's probably not done a whole lot of MMA training lately since he's been only boxing once in a while.

Fully with you, I don't want or need to see Aldo get hit the head anymore.

ALDO RETURNS! <{RoseRun}>

I'm glad he's back. His retirement always looked premature to me. He seemed to have quite a bit left in the tank and looked very sharp despite getting wrestle fucked by merab.
Wrestle fucked, more like clinch fucked with all takedown attempts failing.

What a GOAT. Aldo’s run at BW is underrated if you consider his age and mileage.
What's the problem with having 33 years? What excuse is that from the Aldo fanboys? To say he was out of his prime is the "no true Scotsman" type of fallacy, if he wins he's in his prime, if don't he's not.
What's so important about his mileage? Charles do Bronx has more fights than Aldo and is still arguably in his prime.
You guys bought a fighter that never existed.

What's the problem with having 33 years? What excuse is that from the Aldo fanboys? To say he was out of his prime is the "no true Scotsman" type of fallacy, if he wins he's in his prime, if don't he's not.
What's so important about his mileage? Charles do Bronx has more fights than Aldo and is still arguably in his prime.
You guys bought a fighter that never existed.
So right. Aldo was a total can and a spring a chicken when he dropped to BW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back