John Nash says Aldo is only returning at UFC 301 because UFC won't let him box until he finishes his contract

Yes this is in line with what happened when Aldo threatened to retire after Conor refused a rematch.

Aldo said he would compete in BJJ, but the ufc said he would need to ask permission each time.

So, I’m guessing Also got permission to box nobodies, but Dana didn’t want Also boxing on a Jake Paul card.

Makes perfect sense knowing how Petty Dana is
They work with WWE, who works with UFC. I don't see the issue?

They didn't let Aldo fight Pettis for the LW title unless he vacated the FW title either. How many champs have they let go for their 2nd title while still being allowed to hold up their division? Fuck UFC

He would if he fought on Jake Paul’s card

Which is why UFC won’t let him. They’ll let him box in the favelas of Brazil. But the big show in Vegas on TV? A former UFC champion who quit, and now fighting on Jake Paul’s main card?

It’s the ultimate fuckery.
The UFC's so petty that they're waiving the 6 months of drug testing Aldo is required to do as a returning retired athlete to let him fight in May.

Which if he does still have his old contract that only had 1 fight left lets him out of his contract in time for July for Paul/Tyson.

When they could've just told him he has to do the 6 months and he wouldn't be able to do anything until September. AKA after Paul/Tyson.

Yer a conspiracy nut.

Would be funny if Aldo took a dive and his family bets high on it.
His honor and pride won't let him do that in Rio though I think.

I wouldn't be shocked if it is somewhat related to contract issues. Also wouldn't be shocked if Dana begged Aldo to help fill out a card in Brazil. Reminder Periera got offered a short turn around if he stomps Hill out fast.

I like pantoja but he's not a big name. They have to sell tickets

Just Pay costa to fight anyone. That'd help.

It pisses me off the way that they just squeeze every last fuckin drop out of these guys/girls, and discard them with no remorse sir.
Yeah, It's sad to see. But we have to remember it's what it means to sign the contract. They know what it means. Luke Rockhold once said it's "Very Mafioso", the way they treat you in negotiations and such. I couldn't agree more from what I see.

So if you want to sign that 5-8 fight contract they give aged legends as a way to lock the end of their fighting days to the ufc..... that's the fate they've chosen once they've signed that dotted line and you can't pretend you didn't know.

Yeah, It's sad to see. But we have to remember it's what it means to sign the contract. They know what it means. Luke Rockhold once said it's "Very Mafioso", the way they treat you in negotiations and such. I couldn't agree more from what I see.

So if you want to sign that 5-8 fight contract they give aged legends as a way to lock the end of their fighting days to the ufc..... that's the fate they've chosen once they've signed that dotted line and you can't pretend you didn't know.

Oh its good for business, no doubt...but not good for the fans and fighters alike sir.

i’m guessing ufc doesn’t want aldo to get embarrassed, since he’s the fw goat, and it hurts ufc’s brand. still, seems like they’re overstepping a bit, telling him he can’t go to a different sport when he’s already retired.

Yes this is in line with what happened when Aldo threatened to retire after Conor refused a rematch.

Aldo said he would compete in BJJ, but the ufc said he would need to ask permission each time.

So, I’m guessing Also got permission to box nobodies, but Dana didn’t want Also boxing on a Jake Paul card.

Makes perfect sense knowing how Petty Dana is
They also just settled the only thing holding them accountable – the anti-trust lawsuit. Just like putting in the sunset clause, they probably only gave Aldo permission to box to prove to the courts that fighters have the ability to compete outside of the UFC. Now that it is settled, they are going to clamp down on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back