John Nash says Aldo is only returning at UFC 301 because UFC won't let him box until he finishes his contract

Think about it. If it is a case by case basis. They want to block him from competing in Jake Paul’s event. Why let him finish out his contract so he is eligible for the event?
Because they have to offer him a fight or the contract is null.

Because they have to offer him a fight or the contract is null.
Suppose say this is the case. Aldo can still fight for the Paul fight even if the UFC offers a fight or not. They don't have to offer Brazil to bury him.

I despise the way people can treat other people simply for the sake of the bottom line. It's disgusting.

That bottom line is a big reason why I quit my managers position in the sales office sir....so I'm definitely with you.

Suppose say this is the case. Aldo can still fight for the Paul fight even if the UFC offers a fight or not. They don't have to offer Brazil to bury him.
And why didn't they offer him a fight when he boxed the other times?

I think your thought process is right on sir.

I love Jose like everybody else but he's not making big bucks boxing. He's not gonna fight one of the best 135ers (Tank, Loma, Shakur, Zepeda). And if he did he would get murked. No one is gonna pay him millions to fight Bobby Trashcan at the Motel 6 ballroom.
he just want new challenges

the man wanna stand and bang and I can truly respect that

And why didn't they offer him a fight when he boxed the other times?

I think your thought process is right on sir.
They are saying the other boxing matches are on fight pass therefore connected to the UFC so they ok the matches. I am fine with that rationale but why make him co-main in Brazil now so he can be released to fight in the Jake Paul fight. His opponent is a leg kicker too. It's not someone who can make Aldo look subpar in a fight before sending him away to another promotion for boxing or MMA since the contract is fulfilled.

Rumour according to his unnamed sources, @ 8:13 - https://heynottheface.substack.com/...mpaign=post&utm_medium=web&triedRedirect=true

Says Aldo wanted to box on the Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson card, but he needed the UFC's permission because he has one fight left on his UFC contract. UFC didn't give him permission, so he's returning to UFC 301 to finish off his contract and be free.

If true, I guess this means he's not looking to get a title shot. I figured Aldo was coming back for one payday and to fight in Rio a last time (instead of retiring in Salt Lake), but it seems it's not even that.

Thoughts?

Holy shit, I hope they finally make the Cruz fight happen. They can even do it at 145, since there's nothing really at stake.

Aldo signed a contract, why is the ufc the bad guy for making him live up to the legal obligations that Aldo agreed to? Should they give him extra money to compete in other places, too? What jobs work like that?

Here's why sir.
They didn't bother him when he boxed before, and now because its the Paul bros, they need him in Brazil.

That's fuckin with the mans money.

They are saying the other boxing matches are on fight pass therefore connected to the UFC so they ok the matches. I am fine with that rationale but why make him co-main in Brazil now so he can be released to fight in the Jake Paul fight. His opponent is a leg kicker too. It's not someone who can make Aldo look subpar in a fight before sending him away to another promotion for boxing or MMA since the contract is fulfilled.

Just fuckin pulling they petty card because they can.

Makes all sorts of sense. Aldo boxed on good will before and ran into a business related wall with a Jake Paul card being forbidden. If he is smart, he ngeotiated full release of his contract with this fight without any haff-way free agency stuff. And at least UFC was apparently in enough need of Aldo's services to throw him on a proper Brazil card instead of some bullshit fight just to be petty. This concludes their business, UFC gets to squeeze the last fight out of Aldo they probably would not otherwise gotten and Aldo is a Free Man and no longer has to negotiatiate with Ari Golds' Number Two every time he wants to box.

View attachment 1035462

I like.

It's hilarious how we have more reporters looking into this than how Aldo is coming out of retirement and fighting in 2 months when the rules say he needs to spend 6 months in the testing pool first.

Like guys, there's an actual obvious lede here which is asking the UFC if they gave Aldo an exemption. Which they obviously did.

They are not burying him, they said not, you still have a fight with us, so Aldo said ok, book me and let me fight out the contract.

I love Jose like everybody else but he's not making big bucks boxing. He's not gonna fight one of the best 135ers (Tank, Loma, Shakur, Zepeda). And if he did he would get murked. No one is gonna pay him millions to fight Bobby Trashcan at the Motel 6 ballroom.
He would if he fought on Jake Paul’s card

Which is why UFC won’t let him. They’ll let him box in the favelas of Brazil. But the big show in Vegas on TV? A former UFC champion who quit, and now fighting on Jake Paul’s main card?

It’s the ultimate fuckery.

Can't wait to see that fight. Hope it's sooner than later but I also would want Francis to be 100% healed up before taking on another fight cause that was a BRUTAL KO.

Aldo has said himself that Dana allowed him to box in his previous bouts so I call bs on this.

Think about it. If it is a case by case basis. They want to block him from competing in Jake Paul’s event. Why let him finish out his contract so he is eligible for the event?
They need something from him too, probably just gave him a bag of cash so they get that last one from him in Brazil, he gets to finish his contract and potentially box on a bigger card later, in the end the benefit is for the UFC than just blocking him from going with a competitor.

Back