News Bo Nickal was offered to step in to face Robert Whittaker in the main event; including a nice bump in pay. He explains why he couldn't take the fight

I just wanted to say i agree with these posts. I'd rather see fighters developed properly instead of rushing and getting derailed, like Aaron Pico and Khamzat.
Khamzat wasn't rushed IMO Pico was crazy rushed. Bellator matchmaking was laughable. I'm not sure who the matchmaker is of PFLettor but Bellor would give people cans for way to long (MVP for example) and even though they were older and you sort of know what they have. Pico has high high upside and they give him an experienced guy, couple gimmes then top of the food chain. I get Pico wanted that though so maybe he needs new management. Glad he's doing well now tho.

Dude, when you're pinned on the ground getting manhandled, unable to get up or do anything remotely offensive, you aren't doing well.
Hmmm Maybe I'm misremembering a bit.

But I know Bo was quite disappointed with his performance.

Khamzat wasn't rushed IMO Pico was crazy rushed. Bellator matchmaking was laughable. I'm not sure who the matchmaker is of PFLettor but Bellor would give people cans for way to long (MVP for example) and even though they were older and you sort of know what they have. Pico has high high upside and they give him an experienced guy, couple gimmes then top of the food chain. I get Pico wanted that though so maybe he needs new management. Glad he's doing well now tho.

I think Khamzat rushed himself to the top and then slammed into a wall once he got there.

That’s alright. It’s too early in his career for him to fight someone like Rob

Its like they don't even care?
Are you expecting Dana White to GAF about another human being?

If he could use BoBo to save a card, why not? There's lots of other guys coming up behind him to use and discard.

I think Khamzat rushed himself to the top and then slammed into a wall once he got there.
He's undefeated, how did he slam into a wall lol? If anything his fights against Burns and Usman proved that he belongs at the top fighting the very best.

I just wanted to say i agree with these posts. I'd rather see

I don’t know about that, it’s not like Whitaker is a fighter who changes his opponents careers with his fighting style, he just not that guy. I do agree, Whitaker would’ve been to high of a step up in my opinion anyways so it’s probably was for the better he didn’t get to accept this bout. Even if Nickal did and loss to Whitaker, people emphasize losses too much in the first place on this site like it’s the end all be all, it’s only a loss if the loser doesn’t improve on aspects that made him lose.

A pride obliterating KO which is 100000000% the only possible outcome given Bo's ass-tier striking and absolutely minimal MMA experience is definitely the kind of thing that kills a prospects career.

Whittaker doesn't have to be Ivan Drago lol

"On the mountains with no signal.. " lmao.

He ducked and that's ok. Would prefer the guy saying that he isn't ready for such a big step up but he has an ego which is also ok.

He's undefeated, how did he slam into a wall lol? If anything his fights against Burns and Usman proved that he belongs at the top fighting the very best.
He can't be relied on to take fights any more, he's jumping weight classes, etc. Burns showed things he'd have to improve and we have no idea (in the several years since then) if he's improved them. His career has been wildly directionless since burns and it's not all because of medical issues.

He can't be relied on to take fights any more, he's jumping weight classes, etc. Burns showed things he'd have to improve and we have no idea (in the several years since then) if he's improved them. His career has been wildly directionless since burns and it's not all because of medical issues.
That isn’t the same thing as “slamming into a wall”. Khamzat has been a victim of his own success, he had 4 first round finishes in a row and now everyone expects him to just steamroll all his opponents. When you fight the top guys you’ll get resistance. Both Burns and Usman are top level fighters. The only question about Khamzat is his health not his skills, he’s skilled enough to be a champ.

“Unfortunately, I got a call while I was in the mountains of Montana and I didn’t get back to cell service for three days. I came back into cell service to a few text messages saying, ‘Call me back, call me back, call me back!’ And it was too late.”
<DontBelieve1>

That isn’t the same thing as “slamming into a wall”. Khamzat has been a victim of his own success, he had 4 first round finishes in a row and now everyone expects him to just steamroll all his opponents. When you fight the top guys you’ll get resistance. Both Burns and Usman are top level fighters. The only question about Khamzat is his health not his skills, he’s skilled enough to be a champ.

I disagree. I think that is the same thing as slamming into a wall. He rushed to the top and has lost all his momentum instead of climbing the ladder like Shavkat, who's developing everything he can.

Can you really tell me he wouldn't have less holes in his game and be even more dangerous if he had handled his fights and training differently?

Bobby knuckles would dust him. He's not ready for that level of competition and he may never be.

9 days notice after a 3 day hunt and a long international travel to Saudi to face a top 5 guy… who has probably been on site for a while preparing. That is realistically a lot to ask of someone who wasn’t a previously known back up. Plus the dude has what, 6 fights ever? The smart move is not taking that fight under those circumstances.
No. We as sherdoggers know this to be a duck.

No room for logic round these parts

Bo should of taken this to win some fans and a payday. Even if he lost, he would be known as a warrior for stepping up to the challenge on such a short notice. Now, he just sticks to being a industry plant by dodging this.

Bo would’ve ragdolled him
LOL ok bro. If you believe Bo "couldn't accept the fight in time" I've also got a bridge to sell you.

Bo absolutely chickened out and then made lame excuses like a social media drama queen.

That’s alright. It’s too early in his career for him to fight someone like Rob
I agree with that.

The problem here is his lame brain excuse that he was out of cell reception and couldn't accept the fight. It's a stupid excuse and an obvious lie, and it just shows mental weakness. At least be a man about it and say "That fight is too dangerous for me and I'm not quite ready yet. I'll take my career one step at a time."

Sounds like Josh Barnett when USADA were trying to contact him

He gives the same line to girls he ghosts and buddies he doesn't want to hang out with. 100 percent!

Reactions: HHJ
He likes his Cantender can crushing contract. imho
Doesn't want to step up!

Back