News Bo Nickal was offered to step in to face Robert Whittaker in the main event; including a nice bump in pay. He explains why he couldn't take the fight

That would be a MAAAASIVE jump for ol Bo.

Desperate matchmaking. Thats a good fight if BO has another 3 fights under his belt and a good training camp. No chance otherwise.

Bo: "I'd take khamzat down, ragdoll him, throw him around the cage"

Kind of funny that as much shit he talked about Khamzat not being that good... he's too scared to replace him in a fight.
Bro did you not read lol?

Desperate times call for desperate measures & Bo undoubtedly has one of the biggest names at MW. It's not at all implausible.
Bo doesn’t have a big name, he’s simply being pushed by the UFC because they see potential in him, but right now he’s a nobody. Same way Sean O’Malley’s popularity was greatly exaggerated and lo and behold turns out the Aljo-O’Malley fight did shit numbers. Bo is even worse cause at least O’Malley had a following on twitch.

When UFC was scrambling to find the best possible option to headline the card, Nickal claims he got a call, but he didn’t find out about it until it was too late.

“I did get a call, yeah,” Nickal revealed on his YouTube channel. “Unfortunately, I got a call while I was in the mountains of Montana and I didn’t get back to cell service for three days. I came back into cell service to a few text messages saying, ‘Call me back, call me back, call me back!’ And it was too late.”

Nickal said the offer to fight Whittaker was so real that UFC had started discussing a bump in his paycheck to accept the matchup on short notice. Sadly, the multi-time NCAA wrestling champion didn’t get to negotiate his purse because he couldn’t respond before UFC had already found a solution in Aliskerov.

“I’m not going to disclose numbers, but they were up there,” Nickal said. “But, it was just too late. I couldn’t even really consider it because they had already kind of figured everything out, the way they were going to do it, because I was gone.

“Honestly, I don’t want to go to Saudi Arabia and fight. That’s freaking far as crap.”

If this leads to Bo/Rodolfo instead, then it will have been a VERY GOOD THING that he didn't take that fight.
<BC1>

Bro did you not read lol?

its BS.

A guy who has history of pulling out is main eventing in your division. You will be damn sure to keep your phone on

UFC drug testing program also needs to know about fighter whereabouts at all times for collecting samples. otherwise you could just live in 'the mountains' and avoid testing all together between fights. 'oh sorry i didn't have service' isn't gonna fly.

Google Translate translated it from Bo Nickalish:
“I did get a call, and as far as I learned that I have to face a solid high ranked opponent and not a random lowskilled noname - I refused immediately. To remove any other speculations I decided to hide in mountains pretending like I'm hiking or training or whatever. I heard the offer was cool but who cares if I would most likely get my ass beat.”

I don't think this would've been a good fight for Bo to take. Whitaker seems about the worst match up for grappling-based fighters and Bo still doesn't ahve much experience.

Its weird how the UFC slowly and methodically builds Bo Nickal up only to want to throw him into a last minute fight vs Rob Whittaker.

Its like they don't even care?

Not a great fight for Bo today, maybe after a few more wins.

Bo doesn’t have a big name, he’s simply being pushed by the UFC because they see potential in him, but right now he’s a nobody. Same way Sean O’Malley’s popularity was greatly exaggerated and lo and behold turns out the Aljo-O’Malley fight did shit numbers. Bo is even worse cause at least O’Malley had a following on twitch.

He does though. At least here in America. My coworkers, ppl at the gym, ppl the poker table, at the disc golf course know who he is on par with Colby, Omalley, Gaethje, Volk & other B-level stars.

Other than Izzy, Strickland, & Khamzat there aren't any bigger north American stars at 185. Middle-aged middle-class Americans love college wrestling in America & Bo has been well known for years. Plus he's gotten the Trump rub.

Your personal feelings about him are irrelevant. There's a reason he's only on ppv so far.

He does though. At least here in America. My coworkers, ppl at the gym, ppl the poker table, at the disc golf course know who he is on par with Colby, Omalley, Gaethje, Volk & other B-level stars.

Other than Izzy, Strickland, & Khamzat there aren't any bigger north American stars at 185. Middle-aged middle-class Americans love college wrestling in America & Bo has been well known for years. Plus he's gotten the Trump rub.

Your personal feelings about him are irrelevant. There's a reason he's only on ppv so far.
O'Malley, Gaethje and them aren't big names either. MMA fans need to realize that you can count the number of fighters who pull in views on one hand. Bo isn't anywhere close to being one of them, neither is O'Malley. It's literally like Conor, Khabib, Ronda, and maybe Jon Jones and Nate Diaz. That's it. If your circle of acquaintances know Bo it's probably more to do with the people in your orbit, i assure you it's not representative of the broader public. There is a second tier of "Stars" like Izzy, Max, Islam. etc. and Bo isn't even in that group either.

Back