Elections Biden challenges Trump to debate next month. Trump says he accepts.

What about gross accusations of child sexual abuse?

By his own daughter?

She claims now - "Furthermore, in her letter to the judge, Ashley Biden wrote that others had "once-grossly" misinterpreted her "once-private" writings and thrown "false accusations that defame my character and those of the people I love."

Yet Snopes fact-checked the claims -

A diary authored by U.S. President Joe Biden's daughter, Ashley Biden, describes showers taken with her father when she was a child as "probably not appropriate."

An often cited page from that "leaked diary," which chronicled its author's addiction recovery in intimate detail, makes reference to sexual trauma and poses questions in search of an explanation for being "hyper-sexualized @ a young age." Along with mentions of not liking to visit a certain family's house, "being sexualized" with a female friend, and "having sex with friends @ a young age," the author noted taking "showers with my dad (probably not appropriate)."

You leftists LOVE to site Trump's immoral sexual history, like walking in on teenage models dressing rooms at this beauty pageants, and the infamous 'grab em by the pussy' tape. And by all means do so, his sexual perversity is a legitimate issue.

But it speaks volumes you try to ignore Biden's history of sniffing little children and his own daughter's claims within her own diary, while trying to only put the spotlight on Trump.

Anyway, back on subject for this thread.

A debate between the nominees so early is unheard of, and it begs the question why Biden was the one to attempt the challenge to a debate a full 4.5 months before the actual election... while making demands it to be done on a favorable outlet - CNN - without a crowd, and time limits strictly enforced with microphones shut off after the time limit.

I've theorized for a while there's been moves to replace Biden on the ticket for a while. Apparently the final decision has not yet been made, and this is a hail mary to avoid the drastic political consequences of replacing Biden so late into election season.

This 'debate' is to guage Biden's competency, for the Democrat Party's power brokers. If he does 'well' he'll be allowed to continue to the election, and if not... he's gone.

And don't kid yourself, Biden's team will already have the questions to be asked by CNN, either his team will write them for CNN to recite or CNN will inform them what questions he will be asked.

And for the leftists that aren't aware, Biden accepted the challenge in a 13-second clip.... with 5 jump-cuts.

"Make my day pal."
"I'll even do it twice."

With every attempt he makes to sound tough he looks increasingly weak and pathetic.

Anyway, back on subject for this thread.

A debate between the nominees so early is unheard of, and it begs the question why Biden was the one to attempt the challenge to a debate a full 4.5 months before the actual election... while making demands it to be done on a favorable outlet - CNN - without a crowd, and time limits strictly enforced with microphones shut off after the time limit.

I've theorized for a while there's been moves to replace Biden on the ticket for a while. Apparently the final decision has not yet been made, and this is a hail mary to avoid the drastic political consequences of replacing Biden so late into election season.

This 'debate' is to guage Biden's competency, for the Democrat Party's power brokers. If he does 'well' he'll be allowed to continue to the election, and if not... he's gone.

And don't kid yourself, Biden's team will already have the questions to be asked by CNN, either his team will write them for CNN to recite or CNN will inform them what questions he will be asked.

And for the leftists that aren't aware, Biden accepted the challenge in a 13-second clip.... with 5 jump-cuts.

"Make my day pal."
"I'll even do it twice."

With every attempt he makes to sound tough he looks increasingly weak and pathetic.

alternatively if he can repeat the first debate it will silence any discussion of his mental competence

How do people even decide who "wins" or "loses" lmao
it's totally partisan bullshit and hyping whoever's in your team.
If either languishes in a puddle of their own droll, still there will be people screaming that guy won.

these are not serious debates, they're for adults that lost their mind in the electoral game. best thing america could do is completely ignore the debate. just don't tune in. that would really send a message.
Hard as it is to believe, there are people who are still undecided. And these debates provide an opportunity to convince them. It's less about policy though. It's really about the ability to project the type of winning energy that makes voters think you've got your shit together.

That's how we end up with the Joe Biden "Will you shut up?" gif or the various Trump gifs from his GOP debates. Swing voters respond to that stuff.

For Biden, in particular, it's a chance to show that he's not mentally incompetent. Which is a big point that the GOP keeps hammering at. If he can be effective at the debate, he can mute the age based criticism which are also hampering his support from younger Dems.

So, it's really not about the content of the debate itself but it's still pretty important to both candidates.

alternatively if he can repeat the first debate it will silence any discussion of his mental competence

'If he can?'

Have you seen him lately?

He looked exhausted halfway through his SOTU speech, where he just had to read off a teleprompter. Even if he knows the questions, and answers, he's going to have to recall the answers... and even then that's probably the demand for the 1-minute time limit for answers.

I still laugh thinking about the Time Joe said during the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic"..... "Were Losing our Patience with you".... I think I spit my beer out laughing.

Interesting, Biden's team had to splice together 5 cuts for a 15 second promo.

So this is being done by CNN and ABC, no audience, and Jake Tapper is moderating it?

Sounds legit.

I still laugh thinking about the Time Joe said during the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic"..... "Were Losing our Patience with you".... I think I spit my beer out laughing.
Funny because only one of them had to be airlifted to the hospital because of the sniffles

Put up a giant screen with live fact checking

Of course Bidens handlers will be given the question beforehand. They will write out the answers beforehand and all Joe will have to do is read them. He'll also have an ear bud in so they can keep him on track.

It will not be a debate it will be a prearranged speech. His handlers are not going to take any chances. The only reason they even agreed to this is because they are desperate with Trump leading in the polls.

Of course Bidens handlers will be given the question beforehand. They will write out the answers beforehand and all Joe will have to do is read them. He'll also have an ear bud in so they can keep him on track.

It will not be a debate it will be a prearranged speech. His handlers are not going to take any chances. The only reason they even agreed to this is because they are desperate with Trump leading in the polls.
They agreed to debate Trump because Trump has no idea wtf he's talking about. The excuses you guys make before things ever occur are hilarious. Loss prep 101...it's gonna be rigged!!!! Lol.

They agreed to debate Trump because Trump has no idea wtf he's talking about. The excuses you guys make before things ever occur are hilarious. Loss prep 101...it's gonna be rigged!!!! Lol.

Ok add to the rules a way to make sure no one gets the questions beforehand, no way they get help and no way the get any notes.

They just step up get a question and they reply.

Then I say bring it on and let's see what happens. Whoever wins, wins.

You for that or does that scare you and you know Joe's handlers would never agree to that.

I appreciate that they agreed to debate. I wish Kennedy was able to participate, but that 15% hurdle in 4 polls seems to be out of reach. Hopefully with no audience there is a lessor chance of a circus show but I'm not expecting much. I will probably tune in for the 1st 15 minutes or so but both are like far past their prime fighters going for one last payday. I lose interest pretty quickly. The last few debates I've just read comments on the pbp here, far more entertaining.
Kennedy can't speak and worms ate part of his brain. I'm sympathetic to the man's medical problems but there's absolutely no need to put him on a stage so he can spout his ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Back