• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rewatch Belal is a boring fighter they said

What the hell is a Blahl? Isn't that the thing that dangles in the back of your throat and vibrates when you sing?

So when he threw that headkick while losing by your own admission, he was trying to achieve what?

I'd call that the very definition of pushing for a finish.
I wouldn't because he was fighting with zero urgency in the 5th round and would have been fine with going to a decision and losing if that opening for the head kick never presented itself. Pushing for a finish means to make an effort to get someone out of there. Leon did not make any effort to get Usman out of there, he just saw an opportunity and took it.

I wouldn't because he was fighting with zero urgency in the 5th round and would have been fine with going to a decision and losing if that opening for the head kick never presented itself. Pushing for a finish means to make an effort to get someone out of there. Leon did not make any effort to get Usman out of there, he just saw an opportunity and took it.

This is absolute nonsense. "He would have been fine with going to a decision and losing" is something you just made up. There is literally zero evidence to support your claim. And your final sentence is retarded. "Did not make any effort". Yet won by knockout.

Just say you decided "pushing for a finish" only applies when a guy is winning on points and gets a finish. You'll look a lot less stupid.

This is absolute nonsense. "He would have been fine with going to a decision and losing" is something you just made up. There is literally zero evidence to support your claim. And your final sentence is retarded. "Did not make any effort". Yet won by knockout.

Just say you decided "pushing for a finish" only applies when a guy is winning on points and gets a finish. You'll look a lot less stupid.
Did you even watch the whole fight? the evidence is in the fucking fight. it's not something I made up. He showed ZERO urgency to try and make something happen despite knowing he was WAY down on the cards. His team was literally BEGGING him to fucking try and make something happen going into the 5th yet he STILL wasn't show any urgency over half way into the round even with his team yelling at him. Someone that wasn't fine with going out on a decision would have been emptying the tank. You're literally trying to redefine what push means. Sitting back and waiting for something to happen isn't pushing.

If you want to know just how good Belal is... the rosetta stone is Sean Brady.

watch Sean Brady vs Gastelum. Gastelum had never been dominated like that... then look at everyone Gastelum has fought. It is a who's who of the greatest welterweights and middleweights to ever fight mma.

Then watch Belal vs Sean Brady. Belal tore Sean Brady's ass up in that fight.

Soon people will realize Belal is the greatest welterweight fighter to step foot on this planet.

Belal gonna win the belt
I'm gonna be here for it, will be hilarious
giphy.gif

His fight with Jouban was a good one. Back in 2016.

<seniorvolk>

I’m just glad he’s getting the shot he earned. I expect Edwards to win. I just want the division to move on from all the fuckery when Usman was the champ.

This is the first step towards that. The champion defending against the obvious next guy in line. No controversy, and may the better fighter win.
Agreed but unfortunately, I think we're in, and will continue to be in a place where the most IG followers decides title shots

How is he boring?

The guy is non stop action, its not his fault he needs 10s of punches before getting a tko or knockout.

Leon will get beat by Belal under 4 rounds.

edit

more of Belal good fights

i can't find full fight but belal muhammad vs dhiego lima was a very exciting fight.

That stoppage was crap. Haha that ref is the one who does all the dodgy decisions in ABu Dhabi for the locals.

This thread just shows TS‘ blatant bias towards Bilel and the real reason for that has nothing to do with fighting or MMA.

Did you even watch the whole fight? the evidence is in the fucking fight. it's not something I made up. He showed ZERO urgency to try and make something happen despite knowing he was WAY down on the cards. His team was literally BEGGING him to fucking try and make something happen going into the 5th yet he STILL wasn't show any urgency over half way into the round even with his team yelling at him. Someone that wasn't fine with going out on a decision would have been emptying the tank. You're literally trying to redefine what push means. Sitting back and waiting for something to happen isn't pushing.

HE WON BY KNOCK OUT. How did that happen? According to you he was happy to lose on points, showed no urgency all fight, and didn't push whatsoever. So explain the KO. Did someone else throw that head kick? Was it magic? I have to know.

Last edited:
Belal Muhammad might not be the most marketable champion but he might BE the next champion.

He is boring as fuck. Anything good that happens in fights are generally due to his opponents pressure and forcing the action. You can skip to pretty much any part of the video and Belal will be moving side to side switching stances for 30 seconds

HE WON BY KNOCK OUT. How did that happen? According to you he was happy to lose on points, showed no urgency all fight, and didn't push whatsoever. So explain the KO. Did someone else throw that head kick? Was it magic? I have to know.
I don't know how else to explain this to you. I'll try one last time. Pushing for a KO is not the same as sitting back and waiting for an opportunity to present itself. Leon did not work for that finish which is the entire point. He spent the 50 seconds leading up to that head kick throwing only 2 strikes and just standing in front of Usman throwing out the occasional feint. How can you sit there and say with a straight face that someone who is in the final round of a championship fight with 2 minutes left, only throwing 2 strikes before the final minute wouldn't be considered as being content with losing to a decision?

Back