Leon Edwards is a hypocrite.

View attachment 1019111

At the presser after his dominant easy win over whatever his name was,when asked questions about fighting Belal,he said he thought there were others,that it didnt have to be him. Now,while that is bullshit,I thought maybe its cos UFC already has Shavkat lined up,and they already decided on that. Shavkat is injured though,so thats not gonna happen anytime soon. Leon's Coach Dave Lovell is a good guy,I really like him after he famously coached Leon out of his rut to headshot BANG Usman...he was on Ariel's podcast,and he was saying how if it was up to him,he would have Burns get the next shot??

Burns is coming off a loss,to BELAL,and you want HIM to get the shot over Belal?? Fuckin ridiculous. But the tweet that Leon made to Belal takes the cake. "The least intimidating person in the organization?"

Thats exactly what YOU WERE. No one wanted you to have shit. Belal was even the backup in your fight in case Whats his name pussied out. Stop being a fuckin hypocrite,and take this fight. You and Dana look stupid denying this fight any longer.

What is even the point of winning fights ???????????

There is no one else. Belal must get the shot. Remember the name.

View attachment 1019114
I agree, and while I understand that fights results aren't the only factors involved in matchmaking, with Belal, it's getting to a point where the UFC is really starting to lose credibility in my opinion (some would say it's much more than merely a start). They don't even care for or respect their own product, by completely ignoring that belal is on an absurd win streak.
Yes, I think he's boring as hell, but MMA isn't a fucking popularity contest, what the fuck ? This should absolutely not become the norm.

The fact that Belal has the support that he does for him to get a title shot just goes to show how deserving the guy really is. Belal does not have many actual fans, but he’s put in the work and most fans of the sport recognize that he’s earned the opportunity.

Just give the man his shot, and if it’s such an easy fight for Leon then he should be able breeze on through and turn it around quick against Shavkat.

The meteor turning into a full on cataclysm of the younger Dryas period.

What the fuck does that MEAN???

He won the same amount of fights in a row as you. Why does he have to do BETTER than you did to get a shot???

because life isn't fair? Leon did better than BOTH Colby and Masvidal and they BOTH got 2 title shots before Leon even got one. this isn't something only Belal has had to go through. Dariush, Leon himself, Holloway, Tony Ferguson and others have all had to deal with going on insane win streaks just to get the same shot at the same title that someone on a 4-6 win streak got.

because life isn't fair? Leon did better than BOTH Colby and Masvidal and they BOTH got 2 title shots before Leon even got one. this isn't something only Belal has had to go through. Dariush, Leon himself, Holloway, Tony Ferguson and others have all had to deal with going on insane win streaks just to get the same shot at the same title that someone on a 4-6 win streak got.
Defend against Belal or vacate!

Defend against Belal or vacate!

Belal could guarantee it if he would just be more entertaining, in fight style or interview style. i said the same thing about Leon when he was being overlooked. we all know, talk some classless trash and you'll more than likely fast track your way to the title. that's just the way the fight world works now a days. meritocracy has been out the window for at least a decade.

WW division need to get rid of Leon,Belal was actively calling out Khamzat when everyone was ducking him. Leon days as champ are hopefully numbered as him or Belal have to face Shavkhat.

The fact that Belal has the support that he does for him to get a title shot just goes to show how deserving the guy really is. Belal does not have many actual fans, but he’s put in the work and most fans of the sport recognize that he’s earned the opportunity.

Just give the man his shot, and if it’s such an easy fight for Leon then he should be able breeze on through and turn it around quick against Shavkat.
That's true, it's a near consensus that seeing him fight isn't exactly a delight, but I think that most would agree that his TS is now long overdue.
The gruesome eyepoke in the leon/belal fight happened in 2021, and if I'm not mistaken, Leon had his TS and won the belt the very next fight. Leon fought 3 times since the poke, including the TS, while belal won 4 in the same timeframe.

Well everybody already knows all this, but it really seems unfair. And like I said earlier, I understand that the UFC doesn't want a champ like him, he's not a draw, etc ; but they're pushing it too far and I think that they're sending a terrible message, and shooting themselves in the foot.

...belal was fighting at the same time, lad. He was "passed over" in the same way as Leon during the same period.

Reactions: HHJ
BELALMANIA REIGNS

...belal was fighting at the same time, lad. He was "passed over" in the same way as Leon during the same period.

who cares? you can fight during the same time as anyone, doesn't mean you deserve what they deserve. when they fought each other Belal was on a 4 fight win streak, Leon was on an EIGHT FIGHT WIN STREAK. there's a big difference between 4 and 8, lad.

who cares? you can fight during the same time as anyone, doesn't mean you deserve what they deserve. when they fought each other Belal was on a 4 fight win streak, Leon was on an EIGHT FIGHT WIN STREAK. there's a big difference between 4 and 8, lad.
Bring up Belal's current numbers and the numbers edwards had for his title shot, lad.

Bring up Belal's current numbers and the numbers edwards had for his title shot, lad.

you said they were BOTH being passed over during the same time period, and that's just not true. a 4 fight win streak is not the same as an 8 fight win streak. Belal wasn't even being thought of as a title contender then while many people thought Leon deserved a title shot already. do i agree Belal deserves a title shot now? sure, but i doubt Leon is the reason why Belal wouldn't get one. it's because the UFC doesn't give a shit about him, that's why guys get passed over, lad.

this entire thread was started as some kind of slander towards Leon like he was going to duck Belal 100% because he made an offhand comment, there is no basis in fact it's all hearsay and opinion that the TS and others are getting outraged over. i don't know what your deal is in all of this, but that's the context of my posts in this thread. it's not to say Belal doesn't deserve, that's already generally accepted IF UFC was a meritcracy but since it is not i don't see why people are getting mad for nothing when we all know this shit happens ALL the time. lad.

View attachment 1019111

At the presser after his dominant easy win over whatever his name was,when asked questions about fighting Belal,he said he thought there were others,that it didnt have to be him. Now,while that is bullshit,I thought maybe its cos UFC already has Shavkat lined up,and they already decided on that. Shavkat is injured though,so thats not gonna happen anytime soon. Leon's Coach Dave Lovell is a good guy,I really like him after he famously coached Leon out of his rut to headshot BANG Usman...he was on Ariel's podcast,and he was saying how if it was up to him,he would have Burns get the next shot??

Burns is coming off a loss,to BELAL,and you want HIM to get the shot over Belal?? Fuckin ridiculous. But the tweet that Leon made to Belal takes the cake. "The least intimidating person in the organization?"

Thats exactly what YOU WERE. No one wanted you to have shit. Belal was even the backup in your fight in case Whats his name pussied out. Stop being a fuckin hypocrite,and take this fight. You and Dana look stupid denying this fight any longer.

What is even the point of winning fights ???????????

There is no one else. Belal must get the shot. Remember the name.

View attachment 1019114

don't think you know what hypocrisy means son

don't think you know what hypocrisy means son
I know exactly what it means,hes the last person should get in the way of Belal's destiny. He had to go through the same shit,shouldnt be askin why belal's special or why he deserves the shot.

Belal absolutely deserves to be next based on his win streak...

But, he just doesn't draw on any level. No one wants to watch him fight... and the UFC has proven time and time again that they favor popular fighters over good fighters.

Belal absolutely deserves to be next based on his win streak...

But, he just doesn't draw on any level. No one wants to watch him fight... and the UFC has proven time and time again that they favor popular fighters over good fighters.
The Legions of Belal maniax speak in this thread. We demand satisfaction

Back