Aspinall might be the best athletic specimen we've ever seen in HW

I'd say the most effectively athletic heavyweight was Cain Velasquez, who was only 230-ish pounds but between his speed, power, striking & GnP technique he was the most violent HW we've ever seen next to Fedor.

Aspinall has similar attributes, and he's significantly larger but somehow just as fast without it being a liability to his speed. And his striking is similarly accurate with little wasted movement.

I would have said Sergei was the most dangerous opponent to Jones, with his savage KO power, but with Aspinall's speed he may he even more dangerous.

A 6'5" 260-pound HW that moves like a MW is unheard of, until now.
Um, Gane....
Though a bit smaller.

I wonder how dedicated he is to it honestly.
But NO one is outstriking him.

Doesn't really matter when inferior strikers can mix in their strikes with TD attempts.

JDS may have been the superior striker to Cain.
Actually he proved it in their first fight.
And it really didn't matter in their 2nd and 3rd.

There is a reason literally everyone else in the thread is telling you you’re wrong. Be an adult and admit you were mistaken.

I dislike Brock Lesnar as much as the next guy but to say he wasn’t an athletic freak is simply ignorant. The guy was close to making an NFL team despite never having played.

The following are his combine test numbers at 6’3, 300lbs: 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds, Vertical jump: 35 inches, Broad jump: 10 feet, and 225 lb bench press: 30 reps…

That is big time. Case closed.

I love when people act like anyone who takes PEDs could automatically be UFC champ like that contextualizes everything. Like if only these other fighters knew about PEDs they would easly have 10 title defenses and move like Anderson with power like Brock and Jones' versatility.

His mother is Samoan I read on wiki. So if he is half Samoan then they got that heavyweight athleticism like many Samoan pro wrestlers. Speed, strength and athleticism like the Rock who is half Samoan.

Maybe I was being an asshole, but to be fair let’s not act like I had no reason to. You can’t expect to keep doubling down and talking to folks like they’re stupid when you are that wrong and not get roasted.

Water is wet, and Brock Lesnar is a freak of nature athlete. It’s a fact.

Nothing personal, respect for admitting you were wrong.
In my original reply to the person I was replying to I wasn't talking to him like he was stupid. I simply said that speed and agility were the same thing and saying both was redundant. I never was disrespectful to that person at all so I don't know what gave you reason to come at me the way you did. Yes I did double down but think of it this way. If you believed to be right about something you were telling someone and someone over heard what you were saying and comes out of no where saying you're wrong and insulting your intelligence, would you not double down and get defensive? If you simply corrected me at the start instead of calling me retard and whatever else I wouldn't have doubled down and would have admitted I was wrong sooner without getting defensive but anyhow, what's done is done.

The man nearly made it as a walk on with the Minnesota Vikings ffs
<34>
Trophy_Shopfiy_1024x1024.png

his speed is ridiculous for the HW division.
Bold prediction: Aspinall will break the title defense record.

Nobody ever said Meathead Mitrione was fast and light on his feet until Joe Rogan said it over and over one fight. After that a bunch of people started saying it. Joe is a 5-3" sheep herder.

Coordination and athleticism are 2 different things...global vision and reflexes are also different. Broke was a very good and unusual athlete, not perfect but still very impressive.
On the original subject about Aspinall, his endurance has not been tested yet

aspinall is 2 and 2 after round 1

I knew this guy would be good right away in his first UFC fight. When the bell rang,he PRANCED to his opponent like a show pony,with no hesitation of victory.

You might as well have played the Punch out theme when he did that.

I was like,yea,this guys gonna be good.

We've had guys like Overeem, Aleksander, Kongo, Arlovski...
Kongo? Kongo was never that quick, didn't hit that hard, wasn't the most physically strong. Kongo was just a jacked black dude with some technical striking and build mediocre wrestling into his game later on. Plenty of better mentions than fucking Kongo.

Reactions: HHJ
Kongo? Kongo was never that quick, didn't hit that hard, wasn't the most physically strong. Kongo was just a jacked black dude with some technical striking and build mediocre wrestling into his game later on. Plenty of better mentions than fucking Kongo.
About the only thing Kongo did well that stood out to me was his knees in the clinch. He looked magnificent but he was a boring plodding fighter.

He was kept around for a long time because he had a great look,and the name to go with it. That alone gave the dude fans hahah

Not talking about his skills, his athleticism alone. The dude is 6'5 260 lbs and is probably the fastest HW ever. And unlike Gane, he has great power in his hands. He's a pure destructive force, no heavyweights he fought could deal with his power, speed, and explosiveness.

The only one who I would probably put above Tom is Brock.

Francis is a good contender too, he's a little bit more powerful/stronger but he doesn't have the speed and dexterity of Aspinall.
I agree.... Funny thing is someone the other day said the exact opposite on here. That Aspinall looks so unathletic, fucking crazy. That person should've been instantly banned IMHO. Lol

We've heard the same for Brock Lesnar, for Ubereem, for Gane and now for Aspinall

<Fedor23>
I mean Ubereem had a long career as a top elite fighter,so no shame if it turned out like that for him,but he already achieved w Overeem never did. Win the UFC world title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back