Are we going to see Frank Mir v2? (Tom Aspinall)

MetaIIica

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Frank Mir in his prime was extremely fast, bouncy, and agile then he had the Motorcycle accident and was not the same fighter after, will Tom Aspinall live up to his expectations as a Frank Mir clone, where his blown out knee will hinder his performance, or even blow out again? After all, Tom is much heavier than he's ever been, thats a lot more force on his knees with his bouncy footwork.

Mir was like 6-1 prior to the accident and his injury was more severe.

You do realize that Aspinall just fought Tybura after the knee surgery and looked better than ever?
Well towards the end of my post I state Tom is heavier than he's ever been, so I won't be surprised if we see another knee injury happen. Maybe his knee is stronger than before though, I hope.

Aspinall is like Mir 3.0. Mir version 2.0 is the one who beat Big Nog the first fight and dropped Kongo and choked him out. Aspinall looked fully recovered from his knee injury against Tybura.

Both are bad matchups for JBJ

Though with Aspinalls career could be ended by Jones oblique kick

Reaching.
The mild facial similarities stop there.

Mir, even before his accident was not fond of cardio and hoped to end up heelhooking guys who got on top. He had heavy hands but was not particularly fast.

Tom is a brilliant all-rounder and transitions smoothly. He takes the initiative and finds openings well.

There is very little comparison between them.

Anyone check to see if Aspinall stole another heavyweight's strawberry jam?

bork1}

Mir was actually at his very best after recovery from the motorcycle accident. He put together some really nice looking wins

Frank Mir in his prime was extremely fast, bouncy, and agile then he had the Motorcycle accident and was not the same fighter after

It's scary to think what pre-accident Mir would have done to Big Nog.

Last edited:
This upcoming fight is giving me bit of Mir vs Carwin vibes.

Back