Aspinall might be the best athletic specimen we've ever seen in HW

travis browne would be up there. 6'7 and could dance around on his feet.

Anddddd here comes the hype. If he got KO'd, he'd be a candidate for biggest hype train derailed of the year.

Brock Lesnar was a national champion wrestler, won the UFC HW title, and made it to the last cut on the Minnesota Vikings despite not playing college football which is unthinkable.

He is a WAY better athlete than Aspinall and it's not even close
Also capable of doing a shooting star press, which is incredible for someone that size, and also held WWE titles multiple times. The man has credentials.

aaaaaaannnndddd we have another A-level athlete debate.<Lmaoo>

Ehhh. I mean rating athleticism is hard. LeBron James is athletic but I bet he can't fight. Jon Jones can't dunk a basketball but Gane can.
Yea, Brock was an athlete. But not very athletic in terms of cardio, striking and head movement--all areas Tom Aspinall easily surpasses him.
Jones can’t dunk? He’s like 6’4 with ridiculously long arms, he’d only need to jump like 6”

Jones can’t dunk? He’s like 6’4 with ridiculously long arms, he’d only need to jump like 6”
Somebody embed the videos of Jones trying to dunk vs Gane actually dunking.

Also, was Chuck Liddell athletic? He was a good champion that couldn't even walk straight?
Is Gordon Ryan athletic? I bet he could do damage in MMA with two years of striking.

Somebody embed the videos of Jones trying to dunk vs Gane actually dunking.

Also, was Chuck Liddell athletic? He was a good champion that couldn't even walk straight?
Is Gordon Ryan athletic? I bet he could do damage in MMA with two years of striking.
Never seen the video, just seems like his arms are so damn long he’d barely have to jump… not that dunking really proves anything or has anything to do with mma

Indeed, the most insane physical abilities we've ever seen in the whole universe, hence why this happened :

_126027236_gettyimages-1410523524.jpg

Too bad he hadn't activated his power rangers knees yet.

He blew his knee out, like some of the most athletic people we have ever seen across multiple sports have. Atleast he did it in a fight as opposed to stepping too fast to the side, like most athletes do...

I'd say Brock was the best athlete but it didnt really show all that well in MMA. probably mainly because he came to the game so late so a lot of stuff wasnt instinctive for him.

Ngannou, Jones, Gane, Fedor, Randelman, Kerr, Cro Cop were all high end athletically for HW too, and i'd put Tom in the same bracket.

He's definitely up there, yeah. Super quick and coordinated.

There is a reason literally everyone else in the thread is telling you you’re wrong. Be an adult and admit you were mistaken.

I dislike Brock Lesnar as much as the next guy but to say he wasn’t an athletic freak is simply ignorant. The guy was close to making an NFL team despite never having played.

The following are his combine test numbers at 6’3, 300lbs: 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds, Vertical jump: 35 inches, Broad jump: 10 feet, and 225 lb bench press: 30 reps…

That is big time. Case closed.
He could've stayed in the NFL too but the motorcycle accident he got into ruined his chances to stay in the NFL due to the injuries.

There's no doubt Brock is one of the most athletic HW fighters to ever compete in MMA even if he didn't show it all that much during his time fighting.

Not talking about his skills, his athleticism alone. The dude is 6'5 260 lbs and is probably the fastest HW ever. And unlike Gane, he has great power in his hands. He's a pure destructive force, no heavyweights he fought could deal with his power, speed, and explosiveness.

The only one who I would probably put above Tom is Brock.

Francis is a good contender too, he's a little bit more powerful/stronger but he doesn't have the speed and dexterity of Aspinall.

I'd say the most effectively athletic heavyweight was Cain Velasquez, who was only 230-ish pounds but between his speed, power, striking & GnP technique he was the most violent HW we've ever seen next to Fedor.

Aspinall has similar attributes, and he's significantly larger but somehow just as fast without it being a liability to his speed. And his striking is similarly accurate with little wasted movement.

I would have said Sergei was the most dangerous opponent to Jones, with his savage KO power, but with Aspinall's speed he may he even more dangerous.

A 6'5" 260-pound HW that moves like a MW is unheard of, until now.

nah, there's been some absolute animals that came through MMA, especially at HW because a lot of the time physicality and raw athleticism matters a lot more in HW division than other divisions. i think JDS is a much better athlete when he was in his prime. not to talk shit about Aspinall because he's clearly the best HW in the UFC right now but i don't even think he's that athletic. i think he's big and he's not afraid of gassing so he outhustles a lot of guys. i attribute his success more to his work ethic than his athleticism. although, in this day and age of the HW division he is definitely on the upper echelon of athleticism.

nah, there's been some absolute animals that came through MMA, especially at HW because a lot of the time physicality and raw athleticism matters a lot more in HW division than other divisions.
There have been monsters, but mostly pre-USADA era.
Brock, Ubereem, prime Arlovski, prime JDS.

I am scoffing when people call 35 year old HWs like Overeem and JDS past their prime. They are past something for sure.

There have been monsters, but mostly pre-USADA era.
Brock, Ubereem, prime Arlovski, prime JDS.

I am scoffing when people call 35 year old HWs like Overeem and JDS past their prime. They are past something for sure.

pre USADA but this guy said "best athletic specimen we've ever seen in HW", he didn't specify "the best athletic specimen we've ever seen after USADA" and even then, i don't think he is. Ngannou and Gane are both athletic themselves. i wouldn't say they're better athletes, but they're good enough where it is not clear that Aspinall is definitely the best of the 3.

also isn't Overeem closer to 45 than 35? and i know JDS has got to be like 39-40.

A guy who’s 0-1 in Boxing who got outboxed by Black Beast?

Pipe that nonsense down.

<DisgustingHHH>
Yes same guy who knocked down and arguably beat Tyson in his own sport.

not some 13-3 bum who got out boxed and stopped by Curtis blaydes

Not talking about his skills, his athleticism alone. The dude is 6'5 260 lbs and is probably the fastest HW ever. And unlike Gane, he has great power in his hands. He's a pure destructive force, no heavyweights he fought could deal with his power, speed, and explosiveness.

The only one who I would probably put above Tom is Brock.

Francis is a good contender too, he's a little bit more powerful/stronger but he doesn't have the speed and dexterity of Aspinall.

Tall, built, in good shape (not much fat like Sylvia), dwarfing Eddie Hall, agile, great movement (both head movement and Dominick Cruz-like footwork), fast, great reflexes, CARDIO, power, technique.

Talk about Well-rounded and pretty damn good in just one area but MANY
Striking AND Grappling AND FIGHT-IQ to boot!

Back