Are you okay with Dana strong arming Leon to fight Khamzat?

I don't know all the details. As much as Leon was claiming no one would fight him, apparently he wouldn't take fights against guys like Wonderboy either. I don't know why he hasn't fought Jorge Masvidal yet, that's a fight I thought everyone wanted.
Bro the article was on the FP of Sherdog.

The UFC never offered WB to Leon.

Since Covid ruined his fight with Woodley the UFC has only officially offered Leon a short notice late replacement TS against Usman, Geoff Neal and Khazmat.

WB was never an option.

Since Covid ruined his fight with Woodley the UFC has only officially offered Leon a short notice late replacement TS against Usman, Geoff Neal and Khazmat.

WB was never an option.
WB called him out and Leon said a win over WB does nothing for him and turned down the idea. If Edwards had been up for it the fight would have happened.

Guess Leon really was being a Diva then..

Who knows man. They say he was turning down fights. But, this is high level dirty pool. Borz meanwhile just skipped over the whole division, except for the top 3.

Fighters need to fight so no issue here, my all accounts Leon has been a picky diva

WB was never an option.

So the UFC and Edwards both confirmed that they only offered him Neal or Khazmat? I have a hard time believing the UFC confirmed that and then removed him from the rankings. That's a bit odd, why do you think the UFC is picking on Edwards and not any of the other top WW's?

WB called him out and Leon said a win over WB does nothing for him and turned down the idea. If Edwards had been up for it the fight would have happened.
I believe if the UFC offered him the WB fight he would have taken it.

Here's your options:
#5 WB - aging fighter who Leon can bully in the cage like he is trying to take his lunch money. I don't see too many roads to success for WB if he fought Leon.

#11 Geoff Neal - ultra dangerous KO artist that has been nothing but dominant in his UFC fights. A guy that's going to be clamouring for his own TS with another win or 2. I'm not saying Leon can't beat him but it's a super dangerous fight for anyone.

Unranked Khazmat - sorry dangerous guy that's been smashing opponents so bad the UFC is trying to fastrack him to a title. First he ground and pounds his first 2 opponents into silence and then standing one punches the next one. Super wild card.

Which fight do you think is the easiest for Leon and will actually springboard him to a TS?

I'd pick WB.

So the UFC and Edwards both confirmed that they only offered him Neal or Khazmat? I have a hard time believing the UFC confirmed that and then removed him from the rankings. That's a bit odd, why do you think the UFC is picking on Edwards and not any of the other top WW's?
Idk inactivity.
Look for articles from yesterday if you don't believe me.

I don't know all the details. As much as Leon was claiming no one would fight him, apparently he wouldn't take fights against guys like Wonderboy either. I don't know why he hasn't fought Jorge Masvidal yet, that's a fight I thought everyone wanted.
Mas was ducking

It's kinda Tainted but least we get to see both have fights...

XBCFxlf.jpg

I assume inactivity means more than turning down 2 fights in a year and 3 months. Wouldn't you agree?
No inactivity in it's been over 400 days since he last competed.
We don't even know if Leon turned those fights down. Could be his management. I wouldn't entertain those fights either if I was his manager. I'm looking for Colby, Masdival or a legit TS.

How does it look that the UFC went from "hey please fight Usman for a title in less then 2 weeks" to "fight the #11 or an unranked guy or will begin the steps to cutting you"?

If the UFC offered him respectable fights he wouldn't turn them down I'd like to think. I believe had the UFC offered him WB he would've taken it.

If khamzat wins he’s literally one big win away from a title shot. Maybe Leon as well. You get a serious contender out of the winner, and the loser isn’t ruined. Good match making.

Yeah, Leon is disposable, Khamzat is a GOAT level talent.

Feed him.

Leon literally called out Khamzat on Twitter and was serious about. He asked for the fight.

The UFC does a lot of shady shit and treat their fighters like trash. They dirtied Leon by removing him from the rankings.

But he asked for this fight. This isn't something you can complain about.

I thought Leon turned it down originally amd it wasnt until.they removed him from the rankings that he called him out?

In my opinion fighters have to fight. Thats what i miss about the old days. Relative to the amount of cards fighters seemed more active back then.

Now it seems like a fighter gets a hangnail and they back out or they refuse to fight unless it "does something for their career" ie only want to fight peope higher in the rankings.

Turning down WB pissed me off. Either fight or fuck off. So im fine with it.

I think it's bullshit if that's really what's happening. I like Khamzat, but I'm pulling hard for Edwards to crush his hype and kill Dana White with an aneurysm.
*anal aneurysm

A lot of people have a problem with Leon. Rightfully so. The dude has been whining online for almost a year trying to get high profile fights. It was obvious these dudes aren't going to sign against a no name ranked opponent. He should have taken the Wonderboy fight.

Edit: For the record its lame Conor can stay on the rankings for 2 years without a fight. I dont think thats right and the ufc did him dirty.

Back