Are you okay with Dana strong arming Leon to fight Khamzat?

Leon will be allright. Maybe this is a chance for him to gain popularity. If he losses badly he is getting cut, though.

To me a number doesn't seem like enough to get someone to take a fight they didn't wanna take.

Being removed from the rankings after 15 months of inactivity because you turned down multiple ranked opponents is not being strong-armed, it's doing the right thing. Nobody strong armed Leon, he got himself into this situation.

Actually, I think Leon derails this hype train.
I think even if Leon beats Khamzat, Khamzat will regain his hype quickly because of the way he fights.

Khamzat has an exciting fighting style and wants to fight often. The UFC is going to give him every possible opportunity to succeed.

Not gonna lie. I really like this fight but this was some cold shit.

I’m conflicted on how I feel. Thoughts?

considering how Leon was turning down relevant fights, he deserved it.

It's a win win for Leon because if he beats this guy he gets some shine and if he beats him he gets paid.. So he kinda doesn't end up all that bad tbh

dumbest take I’ve ever heard. Leon worked his ass off to get to that spot. Beating ranked fighters in Gunnar Nelson & RDA. I don’t think he’s had the toughest rode by any means, but he earned his placement only having lost in the UFC to Usman.

Now if he beats Khamzat and he does so decisively, it’s just gonna be people bashing him. “Oh Khamzat isn’t experienced enough””Khamzat only has 3 fights in the UFC”. And he’s still gonna stay in the same spot he’s in and will STILL be behind Masvidal/Covington in terms of the next title shot.

I can’t really defend him too much because he only put himself in this position. He should of just taken the Wonderboy fight and beat him up. Now if he loses he’s gonna fall FAR down the rankings.

No. It is a horrible move, and not befitting a major company.

If you want to be a champion you have to fight everyone to get there and be willing to fight everyone in your weight division. Do you think Khabib cherry picks or is afraid of any other 155er. Hell no bro. A Champion can beat everyone or they don't deserve to be champion. leon Scott has been trying to cherry pick his way to the belt and has sat on the sidelines forever because he doesn't want to face a lot of the top 10 fighters to get to Usman.

Usman on the other hand does not care what you bring or who you are he will fight everyone.

Khamzat will fight everyone, and he's a huge fan favorite right now because of the story he's created due to his flawless victories. If Leon wins this he'll probably fight Colby, Jorge, or Usman after.

If Khamzat wins this he will probably fight Wonderboy, Colby or Usman next. I'm missing the jiujitsu guy who is in the mix too but i can't remember his name.

Leon had to be strong armed because he wasn't going to fight anytime soon if he wasn't. When you are a manager you have to use what skills and power you possess to get your employee's to do their jobs and earn that money.

Leon literally called out Khamzat on Twitter and was serious about. He asked for the fight.

The UFC does a lot of shady shit and treat their fighters like trash. They dirtied Leon by removing him from the rankings.

But he asked for this fight. This isn't something you can complain about.
Yep this.
Rooting for Leon here out of pure UFC spite despite being a fan of Chimaev too.

Leon literally called out Khamzat on Twitter and was serious about. He asked for the fight.

The UFC does a lot of shady shit and treat their fighters like trash. They dirtied Leon by removing him from the rankings.

But he asked for this fight. This isn't something you can complain about.

Wrong.

Leon DUCKED Khamzat.

It was only AFTER he was removed from the rankings that he changed his tune.

I mean he had to fight eventually, not his fault that him and his style is kinda bland its effective

When was Leons last fight? I´ve seen worse strong arming from Uncle D.

Khamzat should take this one and i base that on activity and hunger and pure aura of invincibility.

Aaaight.

I think the weird thing is that the UFC had to strong arm Edwards into fighting a very popular fighter. The thing about Edwards is that he’s a diva and thinks he has earned a title shot, but the man needs a reality check and fight someone. The UFC should have strong armed him long ago but at least now he gets to earn some extra cash facing someone who will attract a lot more viewers than most ranked fighters. If he loses, we’ll, Khamzat is the real deal and Edwards just needs to get back on the horse and win fights. If he wins, he will steal/earn fans which gives him more leverage in fight negotiations.

at first I felt bad for leon for having to take a fight with a unranked guy when he should get a title shot..
but the ufc wasnt giving him anyone and he can get some recognition from beating a guy with a big hype train now

Very uncomfortable, especially how Chimaev is now Dana's boy, sitting cage side with him and everything after beating literal nobodies, while Leon has put together a decent win streak.

I just hope leon stops that hype, it would be only fair.

That said I'm hyped for the fight.

Anyways, what's with Dana trying to fast track white guys to track the ww belt from black champs?

A win over Khamzat will earn Leon respect and put him closer to a top 5 fight.

with that said Khamzat will wrestlefuck him and win with vicious gnp.

Back