Are you okay with Dana strong arming Leon to fight Khamzat?

I don't know all the details. As much as Leon was claiming no one would fight him, apparently he wouldn't take fights against guys like Wonderboy either. I don't know why he hasn't fought Jorge Masvidal yet, that's a fight I thought everyone wanted.
Because masvidal ducked him.

It's a win win for Leon because if he beats this guy he gets some shine and if he beats him he gets paid.. So he kinda doesn't end up all that bad tbh

If he wins, sure, but if he loses, there goes his chance at the title shot.

Sounds like no one ranked above Edwards wanted to fight him and he didnt want to fight anyone ranked below him. It was like a stale mate so UFC stripped him making him act. Wish they' do it more TBH.

It's a win win for Leon because if he beats this guy he gets some shine and if he beats him he gets paid.. So he kinda doesn't end up all that bad tbh
In no way is Leon getting screwed. Perfect opportunity for him. Dana said he wanted to give him a big fight and delivered. All eyes are on Khamzat so if he Leon beats him it's huge, even if it's boring.
Fighting an un ranked opponent helps with a title shot how?

Last edited:
I bc am. Fighters need to stop trying to play match maker and focus on fighting.

Well Leon was viewed by many as one of the WW top contenders. He was looking at a title eliminator. They removed him from the rankings, and I think that put doubt of his job security in him. Doesn't want to get cut if there's no fight to be made. Accepts this Khamzat fight short after.

A win here means he's in the same position that he's in now. Still needs that top contender fight to get a title shot. So yep, it worked, and I like this fight, but I don't like such pressuring.

Not gonna lie. I really like this fight but this was some cold shit.

I’m conflicted on how I feel. Thoughts?
That's what happens in a monopoly bro. Where's Leon going to go? Bellator?

Should Leon win hell finally get the attention he needs to propel his career forward. Nobody knew of him pre Masvidals antics and that quickly died down.

By beating what has been the centre of attention he will absorb some of that limelight. Granted it wont be parallel but it will definitely help his career and maybe grant him a decent pay day for a bigger named fighter.

If he wins, sure, but if he loses, there goes his chance at the title shot.

It's a gamble Edwards took and he's going all in it seems..

But really it's at the point where a personality like Edwards needs a boost off a hype train and this is actually more beneficial to him then it is to Kazmat.

A tactical, experienced guy like Leon can win this fight and it's his fight to lose tbh.

That's what happens in a monopoly bro. Where's Leon going to go? Bellator?

Hurrah for monopolies then, everyone who loves MMA should want the best fighters to be fighting each other. Rather than the case of them ducking everyone like in boxing.

my thoughts are.....Dana is gonna Dana.

UFC do this ALL the time. They threaten / coerce fighters all the time. We just don't hear or see most of their shady shit...

What UFC is doing is clearly this:
- They WANT Chimaev to be Champion at 170lbs ASAFP. Usman is frankly, a boring fighters, although yes he is very good at what he does. Usman is never gonna be a superstar and UFC know it. So.... by making Chimaev vs Edwards (ranked #3), and if Chimaev wins, he will then magically be ranked #2 or #3 and then they're gonna give him a title-shot AFTER that.

They won't wanna threaten their Golden-Boy Adesanya right now, so they're simply positioning Chimaev for a title-shot in first 6months of 2021. IF he wins.....

I am fine with it this time because Leon was being unreasonable. They literally offered him a title shot twice, 2 top contenders and he said no to all with questionable excuses.

Him having to fight Khamzat is fine and honestly he hasn’t been active in more than a year. At this point he has to take anything.

Also lol at people thinking Leon will lose. Ya goofs need to go rewatch his fights. Leon is a very good fighter that absolutely deserves to be in top 5 as he is.

He is gonna piece up Khamzat badly

What you mean strong arming? Leon said no to numerous fights so they took him out the rankings, seems fair to me. You gotta stay active in the fight game.

Dislike the tactics used
But love the fight.

A bunch of people will be rooting for Leon for the first time that's for sure

Yes and no.

I'm all for edwards getting pushed around by the UFC. they offered him the wonderboy fight he said no. he hasn't fought in 16 months, What can you do with the guy?

Some guys need to be strong armed. but i dont think he should be strong armed into fighting some unranked fighter.

Not happy with the rankings play.

I think it will be justified if Edwards gets a title shot should be beat Khamzat though.

The strongarming didn’t bother me. If he had a 9/5, “strongarming” = being told to do your job. The opponent chosen did bother me. Why not do a double strongarm and make Leon and Masvidal fight?

Back