Are you okay with Dana strong arming Leon to fight Khamzat?

If your boss told you to show up at a job site to work and you said no, then he offered you another option and you said no to that as well then no to a third option and he subsequently told you to just stay home until further notice....you think you’d have a case to go to HR? I don’t think Leon Edwards should be defended here. He turned down fight after fight until the UFC got fed up and removed him from the rankings. If he had accepted one of the fights he turned down he wouldn’t be in the position of having to fight Chimaev. He did this to himself. There are a bunch of other reasons where I’d agree fighters get screwed over by the UFC and have no voice or avenue for grievances...this ain’t one of them.
It's not the same. It's like if you are third highest in Microsoft and your boss tells you you have to work in the call centre again or you're fired.

Either way, regardless of the comparison, removing someone from the rankings is some childish shit. "Billy, if U don't clean your room we'll remove you from the rankings!"

How is this even a sports baha

How many fights Leon refused including a title shot (yes short notice)? Let Borz beat him senseless.

Khamzat had to fight a top fighter and not all of them could duck him. I think its great so we don't get a situation like we had with Khabib early on.

I find it hilarious. It's actually intriguing though. Despite Khamzat being unranked, Leon actually benefits greatly if he manages to win. He'll have ended a hypetrain that's already more popular than himself and will finally get noticed by everyone. On the flipside if Khamzat actually manages to beat the #4 ranked guy in his first ranked match up then hilarity ensues and the hype is for real.

I'm actually hoping leon ends the hype train.
Oh you're so cool going against the grain and all. You must have a contrarian view on quantum mechanics too. Expect it's not a hype train, Newton. It's people exciting about a great prospect in a sport they love.

Oh you're so cool going against the grain and all. You must have a contrarian view on quantum mechanics too. Expect it's not a hype train, Newton. It's people exciting about a great prospect in a sport they love.

Just like rhonda was too huh?

UFC rankings are a gimmick. I want to see everyone fight everyone else. All the meta-fan focus on career strategy rather than cage fighting is dumb.

Ronda was surely exposed by Holly and Nunes, but are we really calling champions hype trains?

Yes. We knew the women divsion was terrible. We also need cyborg would've ko rhonda if they met.

Khazmat hasn't even fought a top 10 fighter yet.

Ofcourse, he is sitting on the sidelines without injury
Uninjured inactive fighters should not be ranked
TO all saying UFC did not offer Edwards fights, the UFC is obliged to offer Leon atleast 3 fights a year else Leon gets to walk out, so Leon has turned down atleast 3 fights

It's not the same. It's like if you are third highest in Microsoft and your boss tells you you have to work in the call centre again or you're fired.

Either way, regardless of the comparison, removing someone from the rankings is some childish shit. "Billy, if U don't clean your room we'll remove you from the rankings!"

How is this even a sports baha
You’re equating #3 Leon Edwards being offered #5 Wonderboy to “the third highest in Microsoft being told to work at the call center?” Did I read that right? He also turned down Covington some time back. You still wanna ride with that analogy?

Last edited:
It shows incredible confidence in both fighters in way, they think Leon has a great chance to beat just about all their marketable fighters, yet they are confident the super marketable Khamzat is the one sure bet to take him out.

You’re equating #3 Leon Edwards being offered #5 Wonderboy to “the third highest in Microsoft being told to work at the call center?” Did I read that right? He also turned down Covington some home back. You still wanna ride with that analogy?

I love the hollowness of this analogy. The fact that Leon is turning down fights changes the premise anyway. He’d have to be The third highest in Microsoft refusing to do the work he’s contracted to and thus getting busted back down the ladder. lol. Fans just really want this to be Afro Samurai where your ranked by headbands and can only fight the next numerical band in line to you. IM NUMBER 3, therefore I can ONLY face number 2.

Leon wanted to fight Masvidal, the UFC just didn’t want a cash cow put into irrelevancy I guess

I love the hollowness of this analogy. The fact that Leon is turning down fights changes the premise anyway. He’d have to be The third highest in Microsoft refusing to do the work he’s contracted to and thus getting busted back down the ladder. lol. Fans just really want this to be Afro Samurai where your ranked by headbands and can only fight the next numerical band in line to you. IM NUMBER 3, therefore I can ONLY face number 2.
The only way I can figure it is he’s equating Leon accepting these Khamzat fight to the Microsoft thing. But that’s flawed logic because it doesn’t take into account the fact that he was offered fights with the #1 contender, #5 contender, and in July he was even offered a short notice fight with the champ. He turned them all down. All of that is relevant and can’t be ignored.

Back