Anthony Pettis future Champion??

He definitly has a chance. I'd pick him against any striker. We'll see if his wrestling has improved

He definitly has a chance. I'd pick him against any striker. We'll see if his wrestling has improved

Now that Edgar and Guida are gone, the only top LW that has strong wrestling that could be a threat to Pettis is Maynard. Other than that, I think he's in the clear.

Bendo 1.0 pretty much did that too and before the showtime kick was probably getting the UD.

Are you f*cking high right now ? That fight was dead even 2 2 going into round 5, a round that pettis was dominating even before the kick. The showtime kick solidified the win, but lets not get it twisted, Petiis would have won without that anyways.

Guida beat him homeslice.

I still can't believe he pulled off what he did on Bendo considering how their post WEC stints have gone. Maynard vs Pettis would be a sick no. 1 contender match and I see Pettis losing that one decisively.

This

I just don't know what to do with people who say Pettis was losing the round before the kick anymore. They're such liars, incredibly biased, or ignorant. The proof is out there. I still have the fight on my DVR and watch the 5th round from time to time. All I can do is laugh at people who make that assertion every time I see it. Bonnar even said Pettis was in complete control of this round, he doesn't want to end up on bottom (to risk jeopardizing the lead he built), and not give up his back. About 5 seconds later Pettis, with well over a minute left in the round, sweeps, gets up, is partially landing kicks, and has Bendo on the defensive. He didn't give up complete control of a round on a TD and 5 seconds of having his back taken, subsequent to which before the kick he was on the offensive too. I'm done defending the truth to people who want to bury their head in the sand.

Are you f*cking high right now ? That fight was dead even 2 2 going into round 5, a round that pettis was dominating even before the kick. The showtime kick solidified the win, but lets not get it twisted, Petiis would have won without that anyways.

Learn to read please. I never said it wasn't a close fight. Only that Bendo was probably getting the UD before the kick. Mostly because the judging criteria in title fights is that you have to decisively beat the champion to take the belt by decision and to me he didn't definitively beat Bendo before that kick. So I still say he was probably getting the decision.

I really like Pettis but I think he will not be a UFC champ. Most likely a serious contender but will fall short

It wouldn't be a thread about Anthony Pettis without the showtime kick being involved. :p

He's not a wrassler and he's not Anderson or Jose Aldo so no.

Sort of this.

Pettis has excellent kicks but he is going to need to step up his boxing and TDD to win the division. Otherwise he will get point fucked by Bendo and Maynard.

Learn to read please. I never said it wasn't a close fight. Only that Bendo was probably getting the UD before the kick. Mostly because the judging criteria in title fights is that you have to decisively beat the champion to take the belt by decision and to me he didn't definitively beat Bendo before that kick. So I still say he was probably getting the decision.

Where do you come up with this shit? The champ needs to be decisively beat? When had that ever been the case. Pettis would have won with or without the kick.

Where do you come up with this shit? The champ needs to be decisively beat? When had that ever been the case. Pettis would have won with or without the kick.

TRUTH. I'm sick of people with this "if X didn't happen Y would have won". he jumped off the freaking cage and kicked him in the face give the man his props. that was his intention and he pulled it off.

He has won all but one fight, and one was a great KO over a legit fighter in Lauzon. I think its a long time coming for him. He deserves the next shot imo. Him and Bendo are destined to fight each other. A win over Cerrone puts him right in the front of the line for the next shot.

TRUTH. I'm sick of people with this "if X didn't happen Y would have won". he jumped off the freaking cage and kicked him in the face give the man his props. that was his intention and he pulled it off.

If hendo didn't land that one punch on bisping he could have lost.

Back